1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

2014 Plans--Truckstock, Truckfest, etc. etc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 11:22 AM
Rojak
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry I'm late to the discussion. I'm in the work/sleep mode again. Thanks for the heads up Doc! You deserve a break and some fun in the truck on the open road!

I would be willing to host in the Fall. Our farm has a good set up with a shop but doesn't have as much room as some of the other places. Stu's place would be good and so would Dave's. I'd be willing to drive to KY any time to hang with you crazies! I've not been to the Shawnee but that sounds like a good option as well. I'll look into what Chris has posted this evening.

Bob, put a smaller event together and go for it. It would let some of the people in the northern areas be able to attend. Maybe in the Spring? Farms smell good in the Spring don't they?

I think Doc and I both worried about TF and TS attendees being bored or not having things to do all the time. Well... that hasn't been a problem. There doesn't have to be alot of other things going on or places to visit for this type of thing to work well. The people and the trucks are what it's about! I think having a workshop to tinker around in (or get someone's F3 or F1 running) has been fun also. Not a must have but it has worked well. The simpler the better IMO.

I'm in with whatever is decided. I'll keep in contact with Stu and Chris and us Central/Northern IL guys will try to present good options!

Old 01-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will boys ,
I just got off the phone with Dixie Dart from Rimrockdogwood cabins ( she was very nice and excited about the idea of having Truckstock 2014 there.
We talked about booking all 5 cabins and that they would have no problems with some of us bringing your campers to help with sleeping arrangements . So you guys with teardrops are welcome too. She told me that they are dog friendly also. For the lady's she told me of a place that has horse back rides through the forest and just across the river was a big Amesh community that is neat to see.
Her husband has a 50's truck too. I m thinking this place would make a great place to have
Truckstock. There are lots of bathrooms ,kitchens to make meals and a pavilion that we all could get together to eat. I told Dixie that the weekend of 5-7 and the 12-14 of September could be the dates for the get together.
If this is looking good to you guys let's start to put this together. The dates above are being held for use for now.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:45 AM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by abe
I don't think I want to sleep in a "meltable" cabin..... lol

I know sometimes my fat fingers hit the wrong key or two keys at the same time but those cabins don't sound very appealing to me.
Sorry that was the winter truckstock up in Canada a ! Ice motels your room and bed are made of ice! Lol
I meant to type multiple cabins

Old 01-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Wayne S
Elder User
Here is another place to check if interested. The park is about one mile from Nashville, Ind. which is a craft community. Sort of like a minnie Gatlinburg.

Brown County State Park, Indiana

Old 01-16-2014, 12:06 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 608 Likes on 378 Posts
Her husband's truck is a Chevy, it was in the video... Looks pretty nice, '57 or '58 I think

I don't know that dogs are a good idea, if we're sharing cabins.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:06 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris 56 f6
Will boys ,
I just got off the phone with Dixie Dart from Rimrockdogwood cabins ( she was very nice and excited about the idea of having Truckstock 2014 there.
We talked about booking all 5 cabins and that they would have no problems with some of us bringing your campers to help with sleeping arrangements . So you guys with teardrops are welcome too. She told me that they are dog friendly also. For the lady's she told me of a place that has horse back rides through the forest and just across the river was a big Amesh community that is neat to see.
Her husband has a 50's truck too. I m thinking this place would make a great place to have
Truckstock. There are lots of bathrooms ,kitchens to make meals and a pavilion that we all could get together to eat. I told Dixie that the weekend of 5-7 and the 12-14 of September could be the dates for the get together.
If this is looking good to you guys let's start to put this together. The dates above are being held for use for now.
I personally like it. The absolute only hesitation I have about it is the lack of more cabins. Are we absolutely sure that there isn't a comparable place in the same general area with even more cabins? My gut reaction is pick that second weekend. We've been very lucky with it the past two years. I have to admit--I like those two people in the video who run that place. They seem to be pretty down-to-earth.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:09 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
Her husband's truck is a Chevy, it was in the video... Looks pretty nice, '57 or '58 I think

I don't know that dogs are a good idea, if we're sharing cabins.
Not everybody can be perfect and own a Ford. I like em all actually. It is a nice looking truck.

I agree about the dogs. If you bring your own camper, no problem. But not in the shared cabins.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:10 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
That Brown County park has 24 sleeping cabins, more than enough. But it also means we wouldn't have the place to ourselves, most likely. Not sure how big a problem that would be. Wayne, have you stayed there recently? What's the layout?

Old 01-16-2014, 12:12 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Wayne S
Here is another place to check if interested. The park is about one mile from Nashville, Ind. which is a craft community. Sort of like a minnie Gatlinburg.

Brown County State Park, Indiana
I have a bunch of relatives who live in the Columbus, Nashville, Brown county area. Nearest one lives right near Grand View Lake there. Do you have an area map of how those cabins are distributed?

Old 01-16-2014, 12:12 PM
Chris 56 f6
Posting Guru
Dixie told me that there was another place 3 miles down the road that had cabins also. If you are late to the party/ booking then you will need to drive in to this place from another location .about the dog thing, Dixie was just saying that they have no problems with dogs.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:26 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Here's as good as I could find for Brown County cabins. No idea how busy they would be after Labor Day, but appears we could have a cul-de-sac with 7 cabins to ourselves, no thru traffic. But we wouldn't likely be the only folks around. That's a huge place, this is less than half the park. Nashville is also getting pretty far north

Attached Images  
Old 01-16-2014, 12:45 PM
Wayne S
Elder User
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
Wayne, have you stayed there recently? What's the layout?
I stayed there quite a few years ago when I would go there for the Cider Run car show held in the park by the pool area.As best as I can remember (old age making me forgetful) cabins were grouped together. Cider Run is held weekend of Sept 6&7.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:51 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Shawnee looks better to me (Rimrock)

Old 01-16-2014, 01:17 PM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
This mite not make me any friends but, It's time to stop acting like a bunch of kids in a sand box . First we will never find a place as good as Doc's , second we have Stu and chris that have stepped up and found a place and date . Dave, Walford ,and bob are possible . So instead of saying ok lets do it , all I hear is reasons not to . Bottom line is we will have a good time any place we go , and if things don't work out perfect, all the better . Bob became a legend for getting lost and surviving the trip , Brain 75 almost got killed , but it gave us something to talk about . Teardropy tried to knock Rob's garage down . Joes truck ate a valve seat , it got fixed so he could drive home . THE PLACE IS NOT AS IMPORTANT <AS THE PEPOLE . So pick a time and place , and I will bet , Gary ,Ray, Ross ,Bob , Chris ,Rob , Wade , Larry , And I will be there . Doc and others that have work commitment's , Will try , and if I have to hear Gary snort and fart all night an a dorm , it won't be the worst thing that ever happened to me . [ maybe ] ,

Old 01-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Wayne Waldrep
Elder User
I would love to come to this event. I know several of you have driven your trucks a very long distance. I've driven my truck back and forth to several nearby towns and covered 150 miles in a day but no more than that. I can't imagine driving that far. I'm way south...see blue dot in Alabama on the map. In my car driving 85 mph with the traffic flow I can be in Bowling Greene, KY in about 5 1/2 to 6 hours. Use to drive it every weekend a few years ago. So basically double that time IF i could drive the truck that far. Of course I'm greatly hoping that some work comes along by then and I may not be able anyway.....so me making it or not is a non factor in the decision making process. Just letting ya'll know I'd like to be able to if it were not so far away.

Quick Reply: 2014 Plans--Truckstock, Truckfest, etc. etc.