6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Nav/Radio gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 08:50 AM
Demo-man
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nav/Radio gremlins

Need some imput for others. I think I have a few gremlins in my radio.

I need to know if when you have the radio on, and turn off the truck, then turn it back on, does your radio come back on? When I do this, the screen says it is on (as in has song name/artist), but no sound. I have to turn the radio off and then back on to get it to work sound wise.

Then the other day, had a call come in, took the call on blue tooth (radio stops as it should), then when call ended the radio didn't show as on on the screen or sound and I couldn't turn it on either. Nothing happened when I hit the volume **** for it to come on. Just dead

Had Ford do a master reset, issues still happen and now my galaxy Samsung phone has a hard time sync'ing. Odd, as the blue tooth I use for my music was working fine, but the phone couldn't connect.

Anyone else encounter this or have any advice?

Old 01-13-2014, 03:30 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Not an Expert:

I had a few gremlins with 2013 F350 Nav/radio. Not sure if they are the same, it started when I also paired the phone to a third OBD2 Bluetooth adapter (Torque Pro App) but I cured most of them with re-pairing my Samsung G3

I’m thinking that the Truck sees the Samsung G3 as two Bluetooth devices,you will see on the settings that one device is your phone and the other is media, I’m thinking that when I paired the Bluetooth OBD2 adapter, it confused Ford Sync to what Bluetooth device has the priority to control the radio volume?

I deleted the phone pairing from my Ford Sync and deleted the Ford Sync media and Ford Sync phone from my phone.

Then I changed the name on the phone (to My Cell) and started up the truck a few times before re-pairing my cell phone. It hasn’t had a radio volume problem since. Also gave adapter's different names to keep them straight in the old mind. Although I still have a few problems once in a while with playing music from a USB memory stick?

I also had to do this on my wife’s 2013 Ford Edge, heir’s started when my daughter thought that she would make her I-phone the default master on Sync, Daddy fixed and Mommy won LOL.

Don’t know if this makes sense but worth a try. If it worked on two?

Old 01-13-2014, 07:24 PM
Demo-man
Senior User
Thanks for the reply.

I deleted the sync and re-sync'd the phone and seems to have corrected the issue. I did see that it has 2 Bluetooth settings, one media and one phone.

Still though. When radio is on, and I turn the truck off, upon turning the truck back on the radio screen shows it as on, but no sound. Is this normal maybe?

Must say though, I do like the Nav/radio and the system. Great voice texting and the nav sees to work great.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:45 PM
SKINJH
New User
Had similar problems with past two phones. As long i reboot phone about once a week it always sync and works well.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:50 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,407 Likes on 1,003 Posts
I have the my touch on my 2013. Sometimes when starting the truck I have no sound out of the radio either. adjusting the volume or changing stations does nothing.

turn the radio off and then back on restores the sound.

If I just leave it alone and shut the truck off and then back on it may or may not work.

Does not always happen, no pattern.

I has been suggested to do a master reset but I don't think that would help.

It is a communication error.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:16 PM
Quadzilla
Postmaster
I had similar symptoms, so when I took the truck in for routine service, I mentioned it to the Service Advisor. He said there was an update available, so they did that while they had it.
I haven't had a problem since.

I hope that helps.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:58 AM
n3hcp
Senior User
My 2013 F-350 did something very similar until the last update. Since that it's been AOK.