1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warranty Denied. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Monster-4
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by aggiect01
I'm in the process of discussing the matter with Hollingsworth ford. I own another f550 box truck but have no way of towing such a large truck, it has a 16 ft box and weighs 11,700 lbs empty. It will cost a ton to have it towed there if they refuse to cover it.
If you have to put it on uShip. Buy a plane ticket to go pick it up or have someone drive you out.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:26 PM
aggiect01
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No good news on the situation. I was able to pick up my truck and drive it home today from Joe Myers Ford. They didn't try to charge me anything and cleared the last code. I am arranging to drive it to Baton Rouge and drop it off at the dealership that installed the motor (HOLLINGSWORTH FORD)in hopes that they can effectively diagnose the problem, fix it and either cover it themselves or get FoMoCo to back it. The ford service rep on this forum, Crystal was of no help but did respond to me promptly. If anyone has any further connections higher up it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-11-2014, 12:51 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
best of luck man! Issues like this can be very frustrating, but I'm very curious as to why you kept driving it when it was making oil and throwing codes.
Crystal was of no help but did respond to me promptly.
yeah, I too had that issue. Nice lady and great "passer of notes" to people who won't respond in kind

Old 01-11-2014, 01:05 AM
aggiect01
Senior User
I will likely never buy a Ford product again. I have owned 2 -6.0s, 2-6.4s, one 6.8 gas, two 5.4 gas, and one 7.3 diesel. I would rather give my $ to a company that stands behind their product and admits when they are wrong. Ford may not have taken a government bailout but they sure don't mind taking customers $ to fix their problems.

Old 01-11-2014, 05:08 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm back to thinking the blame doesn't go to a ford problem but to a dealer problem,an ebay problem, and unfortunately your decision to buy off ebay sorry ! never, EVER considered that a good place to buy anything expensive - IMHO !

Have you contacted ebay ? They have some type of warranty/guarantee/protection...
eBay Motors vehicle protection programs

give that a shot... and consider it a lesson learned ... good luck !

Old 01-11-2014, 09:03 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
I will likely never buy a Ford product again. I have owned 2 -6.0s, 2-6.4s, one 6.8 gas, two 5.4 gas, and one 7.3 diesel. I would rather give my $ to a company that stands behind their product and admits when they are wrong. Ford may not have taken a government bailout but they sure don't mind taking customers $ to fix their problems.
This is not a Ford problem! This is a Dealership and Technician issue. I hate saying that, but you bought a truck used...with a replaced motor...and then drove it a ton with issues resulting from a improper replacement/repair work.

Jasper makes does the majority of engine rebuilding in the country and I know they'd invalidate the warranty on any of their engines over the same circumstances.

You need to be hard talking to that Dealership and the Technicians.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:03 AM
edjunior
Cargo Master
Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts
I would have to agree with jdadamsjr. I'm not sure how you can blame Ford for this one. A specific Ford dealer maybe, but to give up on Ford altogether? I really don't see any other brand being any better in a situation like this. Good luck however you go in the future.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:00 AM
aggiect01
Senior User
I blame them because they sold the motor, it wasinstalled by a Blue Oval Certified dealer, it came with a warranty and they take one techs opinion of a cause of damage that never pulled the heads or did any deep checking to find the real problem. If I bought bad steak at Perrys Steakhouse I would blame the restaurant not the chef who prepared it because a company hasto stand behind the product it sells. Anyone that delt with 6.4 radiator isuues know what I'm talking about

Old 01-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
I blame them because they sold the motor, it wasinstalled by a Blue Oval Certified dealer, it came with a warranty and they take one techs opinion of a cause of damage that never pulled the heads or did any deep checking to find the real problem. If I bought bad steak at Perrys Steakhouse I would blame the restaurant not the chef who prepared it because a company hasto stand behind the product it sells. Anyone that delt with 6.4 radiator isuues know what I'm talking about
Would you blame the restaurant, or the meat supplier? In this case you are blaming the meat supplier. Ford is NOT the dealer; in fact laws in most states prohibit auto manufacturers from selling directly to consumers. Because of that they carry business arrangements with local franchises who sell and repair vehicles under contract. Ford is NOT going to pay for an installation error any more than the meat supplier would pay for your chef botching your steak.

Old 01-25-2014, 02:04 PM
aggiect01
Senior User
The only two codes that the truck has shown are PO297 & P252F. The motor has went into reduced power mode a total of 4 times in 4k miles. Engine overspeed, and engine oil overfilled. Hollingsworth ford cant get the truck to replicate the problems and said that everything checks out perfect including compression, injectors, and oul level. They have had my truck for 1.5 weeks and are still looking at it. Any suggestions? I dont want to drive another 700 mile round trip to pick up the truck and have it screw up again on my way home.

Old 01-28-2014, 02:08 PM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Received 994 Likes on 764 Posts
sorry to say this...but from past experieince...your only releif...get it running with minimal cash investment...then trade it in. You inherited a box of rocks.....give it back to the dealership and let them sort it out.....would not be surprised if the previous owner traded it in for this very reason.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:16 AM
aggiect01
Senior User
It runs perfect when the light isnt on. No problems whatsoever until that damn little wrench pops up. That is an option but I would prefer for the dealer to find and fix the priblem. The motor cost $16900 and should be problem free

Old 01-29-2014, 09:46 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So, if the light is the issue --- take out the bulb !!!!

Kidding, of course... but I feel your pain and frustration.

It's to the point you need to make a hard decision:
1) Bite the bullet and take the hit on trading it in
2) TRUST, the heretofore, untrustworthy dealer to do the right thing
3) Speak to an attorney - lemon laws apply to new vehicles, wonder if it applies to new engines as that is the CORE of a vehicle - you may be the test case !

good luck !

Old 03-28-2014, 03:23 PM
aggiect01
Senior User
Update: After over 5 weeks, Hollingsworth Ford couldn't find the cause of my problem and told me to pick the truck up. It ran great for 1700 miles and then the wrench light came on again with the same code. I then took it to Tommie Vaughn Ford in Houston and paid them to do a full diagnostic check. This is the outcome:

I just spoke to the service guy at Tommie Vaughn Ford and they did a manual compression test on my truck and found that the cylinders were all between 340-350 psi. I was told by him that normal pressure is above 400 psi. He also said that when they removed the lower air charger system that they found some oil in it (from blow by) which would cause more frequent regens and too much unburned fuel in the system. The cause according to their best guess is injestion of dust or foreign material into the motor causing dusting. Basically the same verdict as Joe Myers Ford said therefore FoMoCo will not cover anything under the 2 year warranty. His only recommendations were to either get rid of the truck or replace the motor again. Does anybody have any other suggestions? Remember, this motor has only 7,000 miles on it and has been driven 95% on the highway in Houston. I disagree with their reasoning for the low compression however it is my work against theirs and I know from experience who FoMoCo is going to believe. *** I hope that others learn from my very costly mistake not to trust Ford with their hard earned money and expect them to honor the truck/motor warranty.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:13 PM
aggiect01
Senior User
Just for the hell of it, I called Ford Customer care, (about the same b.s. as obamacare) and spent 35 minutes discussing my situation with a woman that wasn't qualified to make a burger at Mc D's. She first told me the motor warranty wasn't transferrable but after I read her word for word off the warranty print out she changed her story. After being put on hold 3 different times, she told me the same garbage as the previous 4 agents did, "I'm really sorry but there is nothing that we can do" I told her I wanted something in writing stating as to why exactly Ford was denying my warranty claim and she told me it was because of lack of maintaince. I laughed at her and explained that the motor had 1,000 miles on it when the problems started and now has 7,000 miles and has been to 3 Ford dealers, had 2 oil changes, and I have all of the receipts. She then changed her story and said that it was installed incorrectly as determined by the first dealership (loose or damaged hose connecting the air filter to the turbo)but disputed by the second two Ford dealers (no damage and correctly connected). This discussion went on and on in a circle until she finally let me go. I asked to have a Ford engineer come look at the truck personally to dermine if it was installed incorrectly and she said that the dealership would have to request that and she couldn't. My last two options are lawsuit, or replace the motor again on my own dime from a reputable supplier, possibly Asheville Engines in SC. I spoke to them yesterday and they seemed legit but haven't heard from anyone that used them yet.

Quick Reply: Warranty Denied. HELP!