6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Got the death wobble? REPORT IT!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 11:45 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,043 Likes on 1,613 Posts
Originally Posted by Averill7
Ford F-250 "Death Wobble" - YouTube - Super Duty - SKIP TO 1:00 minute

Chrysler acknowledges Jeep "death wobble" | Video | abc7news.com - Jeep TSB on ABC news

It is SO bad when in real person that you are willing to walk home for fear of it happening again. When towing 14K lbs and in a construction zone with a semi on one side and a concrete barricade on the other, its a code brown moment.
Thanks for the info..........
My experience has been: Tire change makes a big difference right a way. The steering Stabilizer makes a difference.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:05 AM
Firekite
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When you use the term "ball joints" are you referring to ball joints?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_joint

Old 01-28-2014, 05:21 AM
Averill7
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Firekite
When you use the term "ball joints" are you referring to ball joints?

Ball joint - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes, there is a ball joint on the passenger side of the trac bar.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:47 PM
BASSHUNTER
Mountain Pass
If anyone needs a Carli Bilstein 7100 Hi Mount steering stabilizer there is 1 on Ebay like new.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Yeah, you can talk as much silly trash as you want, but whatever you're doing to your trucks is not normal or you're making stuff up on the Internet. And rarely is the problem ball joints.

Now I wonder what in the world you think we're talking about, especially using terms like 2x4, blaming ball joints, and insisting 5 out of 6 of your stock 2011 trucks have it. By the way, if you insist on using numeric designations at least go with 4x2. But 2WD or RWD is much clearer and more common.

Two-wheel drive - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What do you think DW is?
Can't resist any longer..........
WHY are you just "stirring the pot"?? You are contributing NOTHING of value to this discussion! You are just attempting to cause hate & discontent.

Grow-up!

Old 02-11-2014, 02:48 PM
Firekite
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You were able to add nothing of value to the discussion for only 2 weeks, but now you can no longer resist?

Old 02-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

You were able to add nothing of value to the discussion for only 2 weeks, but now you can no longer resist?
Ya got it!
Isn't it Fun

Old 02-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Hdslider
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Ya got it!
Isn't it Fun
Roy. Id rep ya. But gotta spread some love around.

Old 02-11-2014, 03:25 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Hdslider
Roy. Id rep ya. But gotta spread some love around.
Thanks Paul.........

Makes ya realize just how good we have it on the One Pager.......

Old 02-24-2014, 01:32 PM
rats
New User
Well I got it testerday BAD!

3 times yesterday going down the interstate @75mph. Every time it happened was exiting a bridge joint. Had to stab the brakes and attempt to steer to the side of the road.

I see What WOBBLE? sells a kit to replace the track bar. $735 shipped to my door plus a new alignment to their specs. I guess there are alignment instructions with the kit to set it up with reduced camber.
Has anyone tried this yet?

Old 02-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Jefff H
Senior User
Originally Posted by rats
Well I got it testerday BAD!

3 times yesterday going down the interstate @75mph. Every time it happened was exiting a bridge joint. Had to stab the brakes and attempt to steer to the side of the road.

I see What WOBBLE? sells a kit to replace the track bar. $735 shipped to my door plus a new alignment to their specs. I guess there are alignment instructions with the kit to set it up with reduced camber.
Has anyone tried this yet?
I replaced my track bar ball joint and replaced the tires (they were ready!) and now my wobble is 100% gone. IMO as long as the track bar ball joint isn't a weak link I can't see a reason for the new track bar.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:20 PM
motorcycleemporium
Freshman User
Truck has the wobble. Replaced all four shocks and the steering stabilizer. It is 95 percent better. Right bump will wobble, but stops on its own. Instead of having to slow down or speed up like before.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:13 PM
rats
New User
Originally Posted by Jefff H
I replaced my track bar ball joint and replaced the tires (they were ready!) and now my wobble is 100% gone. IMO as long as the track bar ball joint isn't a weak link I can't see a reason for the new track bar.
Thanks Jeff H
I did make an appointment with my alignment shop for Wednesday. I'm going to have them replace the track bar ball joint, steering stabilizer shock AND I'm going to have them reduce the camber to minimum Ford specs.
I might as well save the $1000 fix if this doesn't do it long-term.
My tires are in good shape yet. I want to get one more summer out of them. There isn't much wear at all, but these tires suck bad! I got the Continental Contitrac TR's and they have to be the worst winter tires ever.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:23 PM
Jefff H
Senior User
Originally Posted by rats
Thanks Jeff H
I did make an appointment with my alignment shop for Wednesday. I'm going to have them replace the track bar ball joint steering stabilizer shock AND I'm going to have them reduce the camber to minimum Ford specs.
I might as well save the $1000 fix if this doesn't do it long-term.
My tires are in good shape yet. I want to get one more summer out of them. There isn't much wear at all, but these tires suck bad! I got the Continental Contitrac TR's and they have to be the worst winter tires ever.
Just my opinion, but I don't think you should necessarily need a new steering stabilizer if in fact the joint is bad. Mine is still good and I'm at 59,000 miles. good luck whatever you decide.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:19 PM
78_f800crewcab4x4
Cargo Master
Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts
Having driven and built many solid axle 4x4 ford trucks, coil sprung and leaf sprung varieties, I know that coil sprung trucks must have proper working joints and fresh bushings as well as stout steering stabilizers. Any un balanced tire or bad road surface can set off a hard wobble which is nothing more than play in the system vibrating. This is the compromise you get with a beefy solid front axle that rides good with good turning radius. Just maintain your truck and look at the parts from time to time.

Quick Reply: Got the death wobble? REPORT IT!