New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

glad to be a member

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 12:34 AM
scrobbie
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glad to be a member

Hello all I just wanted to say I am finally a member! I end up looking at different posts here all the time and I can now post myself I Have a two tone gray 88 f150 5.0 only paid $260.00 for has been a pretty good ole truck! I've had it since 2010 but been having some issues with it the past month or so. Not only being a ford truck fan thats another reason i have joined to try to get some help with old ford truck fans. I am sure i will enjoy being a part of it and interacting with other members hope to speak again with you all soon! Scrobbie.

Hello again its scrobbie I am having some Problems with my 88 f150 5.0 this has been going on a month or so. When you start it, it has like a stall sound to it then it goes to an idle that surges 2 or 3 times when cold, like as in sitting over night. then it seems to idle ok, so then i go to drive it after it warms up it starts bucking chugging around 25 - 35 mph if you steady the throttle but if you suddenly step on it, it goes away. I thought it was the fuel pump because i only had 10 psi when you turn the key on so i replaced both the inline pump and the front in tank pump but the results are the same it still has a hesitation problem between those speeds and if you hold the throttle steady. Another issue I have is if you drive it for lets say about 30 minutes and shut it off and leave it off for a while then go to start it back up then the idle surges 4 or 5 times then it acts like it idles ok and then go to put it in gear then the idle jumps up for a bit. I don't know if its the iac or could be the tps or what i have replaced these before when i first bought the truck in 2010. also it seems to have spark the fuel pressure regulator is working as far as i can tell no gas from the vacuum line or any thing I mean it has always kind of had the funky idle but now i cant figure out the bucking hesitation thing! This has been driving me insane also I have not changed the plug wires and plugs cap and rotor since 2010 when i got the truck it is a 302 I would appreciate any help i can get in solving this issue. Thanks guys scrobbie

Last edited by glruff; 10-23-2013 at 05:08 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:04 AM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Hello and welcome scrobbie, congrats on finding a bargain!
Check out your local chapter to meet those folks too: Missouri Chapter - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Old 10-21-2013, 01:38 AM
scrobbie
Elder User
thanks abunch Fomoko1

Originally Posted by Fomoko1
Check out your local chapter to meet those folks too: Missouri Chapter - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
Thank you my Friend it was a bargain but having a few issues with it right now. Thanks again

Old 10-21-2013, 02:51 AM
scrobbie
Elder User
Originally Posted by Fomoko1
Thank You Fomoko1 it was a bargain having issues with her now though

Old 10-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Torklift Sheryl
SPONSOR
Welcome

Glad you joined and it sounds like you got a great deal on that truck. Any questions, we've got answers,

Torklift International – Towing, Suspension, Tie Downs, Steps
Call me direct: 1-800-246-8132
Visit our Blog: http://www.torklift.com/blog
Old 10-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi scrobbie Welcome to FTE There is a ton of good information here that the folks here are always willing to share with their fellow Ford owners who are having a problem or looking to have a question answered, so your in the right place.

I am sure as time goes on you will like it more and more around here, do join your local chapter and feel free to upload some pics of your truck to your garage for us to have a look see at.

Hope we are able to help give you some advice on your problem, enjoy the forums!

Old 10-24-2013, 09:59 PM
FORD COASTIE
Supporter of Patriotism
Received 2,363 Likes on 1,709 Posts
Welcome to the forums