Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Oktober B.S. Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 07:27 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha get another truck. The bronco and the bug take up too much space already. A scrap truck isn't going anywhere around here. Besides, I'm not going to rebuild a 460. I'll have a shop do it or buy a pre built one. I don't have another stable vehicle to drive so I can't even begin to do anything with it.

I have no intention on building my own 460 because I won't have time. Plus I'll lose intrest before the tear down is done, just like the 302 I was working on that hasn't progressed any further. That's just the way it is.

Sent from my HTC One S using IB AutoGroup

Old 10-06-2013, 07:33 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Get rid of the VW, use the money to pay for the 460, get one that already runs and just swap it in, a weekend job if you don't tear the motor down, you already have the right tranny ect.

Next excuse? lol

Old 10-06-2013, 08:27 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Buddy I'm full of excuses . I don't have a "weekend". I've got a day. I work 6 days a week night shift so I sleep through hours I could be working on it. Also, I'd rather get a second stable vehicle first because in our family, a weekend job turns into a week job. There is always something that goes wrong.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:58 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
I'll just call you on all your BS. You buy a van with a running 460 and I will take both and do the swap then scrap the van for my fee, I say a van due to fact I need the roof panel off a van.

Deal?

Old 10-07-2013, 08:46 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
In the future if I find a van ill consider it . I am like an excuse master!

Old 10-07-2013, 01:05 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Sad, if you put half the effort in to your Bronco that you put into creating excuses then it would be a really nice rig, really soon.

I'm not trying to give you too hard a time, I am however trying to get you to understand that there is NEVER a "right time", "extra" money , ect, ect.

Seems you don't even understand the opportunity you just completely blew off. I won't offer it again.

Old 10-07-2013, 09:29 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
You see there is problems. I don't have money. Period, that's it. Unless I can pick up everything I need for $26 which is everyting I have in savings and checking. You dont think I want my bronco to be nice? I do, that's why I have it still. That's why I won't get rid of it. But in my current situation I can't afford to do anything.

Honestly it's fine if the offer isn't brought up again, I have an engine lift and a stand, I have a garage that I might be able to use, if not, I can find a way to do this in gravel. I would much rather take my time, think everything through, and take it step by step rather than jump in not knowing what to do. I don't like to just spontaneously start on something because I'll get lost and won't finish. If I take my time and think about what I'm doing then I can fully understand things and the next time I do it I will be able to do it faster.

I don't have the skills you guys have, I've never swapped motors or changed axle gears. Until this year, I had never pulled an axle shaft before in my life. For someone like me it's a daunting task and I handle that stuff in my own way. If it takes me a year to do this swap, so be it. I plan to have this truck as long as I live so I have plenty of time to work on it.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:46 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
I didn't say anything about you blindly jumping into a project outside your current mechanical ability, you are the one that referred to your reasoning as excuses so I made an offer to exempt your excuses and you shrugged it off calling yourself an "excuse master". So being that it seems you are more fond of making excuses than getting what you want even when someone is willing to do the work for you I made it clear clear that it was a one time offer.

I understand being young and broke, I rub pennies together these days. Myself and my friends resource with the group of each other for the things we need as we all have different strengths and due to that there is always progress being made on at least one of our vehicles at any given time. This situation is what I was offering. I may be dumb to know how to post a picture in a thread even with all my attempts and very rarely make a monthly meet but I have an $800 truck that breaks the rear tires loose on the freeway if it's at all wet, stops like a sports car and doesn't know the difference between being empty or pulling a loaded trailer.

Sorry I seem to have inspired you to become defensive, was not my intention whatsoever.

I won't get into some aspects of my life but I deal with a lot of people on a regular basis who are all talk and no action, so I tend to try and call people on sh*& in order to understand their character. I spent a lot of years talking about things I wanted to do and kinda "woke up" one day and decided I'd rather "do poorly at living life than do great at watching life" this has lead me to; Cage fighting, lost both fights I've been in as I realized fighting with rules is hard. Motorcycle clubs; was a patch holder in a club and put 30,xxx miles on my bike yearly, things progressed in a direction I couldn't accept so turned my patch in and walked away. My point is, if someone is willing to go out on a limb to go after what they want I do what I can to help them cause I respect that.

I'll quit rambling for now.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:30 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I did not mean to offend in any way if that's how things were taken and I do very much appreciate the offer even if I didn't show it. As of right now I think I am around that stage of watching life go by as well, trying to figure things out. I know your offer was of good intention and to help a young kid out and I didn't mean to just blow you off, I was more or less joking about the excuse master. I do make a lot of excuses but at the same time, I like to take my time and do thing slow.

If I've never done something before, I try to research as much as I can and I take it slow. I've got headers in my closet that haven't even seen header paint yet. It isn't JUST because I'm lazy, it's because I'm worried about various things that could go wrong. Maybe I think to much about the work I'm doing but that's what makes it comfortable for me.

My baby will be able to do just about anything one day but until then, I'll keep doing cheap repairs and keep it alive. I love my truck like I love my family, I wouldn't let bad things happen to it if I can help it. I've got reserve funds tucked away in a safe place for a stormy day but I won't touch it unless its absolutely necessary. It was originally a college fund but things have changed. Now it's for those emergencies where something very bad happens and I have to trickle a bit of cash down to fix it.

Anyways, I'm sorry if anything was said that was upsetting, I didn't mean it that way. I just have a different way of doing things, sometimes it isn't the right way but it keeps me happy and content.

An example, my hubs and disc brakes took 2 days to do. Most people could have done both sides in one day. But since it was my first hub job and there was a lot to do, I took it slow, kept track of everything, and made sure it was done right. If it was done wrong (packing grease....) I redid it the right way. Now I could probably get it done in a day. If I had already swapped engines before and knew what I need to know, I would probably be more proactive about it.

Anywho, again, I'm sorry of anything was taken wrong. It wasn't ment to be.

Old 10-08-2013, 01:55 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
I get the beginners caution, which is why we are both on this forum (for other areas) and as a result there are people (myself included) wiling to help.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:02 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
And I'm thankful for the offered help and the help I've already received. As it stands right now, I'll probably be walking to work on Thursday. I won't have enough gas to make it down to work and the $1.25 I have to spend won't get me anywhere. Things will be slow for a while but soon, I'll have my brakes fixed (Before December I hope) and I'll have my headers on whether I've got pipes or not. I've got a Norwegian friend coming to visit for a month and he has been dieing to work on the truck. When I had my tire fall off, they visited for a few weeks and he tried to help me fix that. Unfortunately things didn't go as planned and they had to leave for work and stuff back in Norway. This time though, I think we will be able to get some work done on it.

With my new work schedule however, it's going to be rough. I'll be investing a lot in energy drinks I think.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:00 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Gruesome- Hope you have a costco or sams club card for all those energy drinks. After the headers are you going to run dual exhaust?

Old 10-09-2013, 04:22 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I actually have a Sam's plus card and I work there. I stock the shelves at Sam's club . I wanted to do true 3" duals all he way to the back but the 78-9 and most Broncos actually have a rep for being a pain in the butt to run duals. The transfer case is pretty wide and causes problems. Once it's on a lift and I've got an exhaust shop guy under there he might be able to help. I might have to run a Y pipe and single it then split it out the back or something.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:11 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Exhaust sides should always merge together concerning performance. A single 3 inch would be more than needed but not bad, true dual 3" pipes would be overkill.

Switch to coffee, much cheaper than E-drinks and at the end of the day your kidneys won't hurt.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:43 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I drank coffee for a while. It upset my stomach and sent me to the bathroom a lot. I stopped drinking it afterwards. I'm not sure what it was that caused it.

E-drinks will upset my stomach if I don't eat first. I couldnt get into drinking them regularly, in a way it's like smoking. Costly and unhealthy. Addictive, maybe a little.

Quick Reply: Oktober B.S. Thread