Cd Player Installation?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 07:46 PM
krajesj52
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cd Player Installation?

Hello,
I have a '74 Ford F-100 that came with the shaft style radio. I now have a shaft style cassette/stereo which is about dead. I want to install a stand CD/stereo in the same location. Is there enough space in the dash hole to cut an opening large enough for the new stereo? I think the front plastic dash template may be large enough to remove the entire flat square opening, but can enough metal be cut away inside to make the room?
What do you think?
Steve

Old 06-16-2003, 10:44 PM
optikal illushun
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cd Player Installation?

i suggested and seen a few people mount them under the dash in a little box like a CB but i dont see a problem mounting it where u propose...make sure the metal behind it is strong enough to support the CD player...only real way is to try it and see...hate to say it unless someone else can shed some light on this...

Old 06-17-2003, 01:25 AM
luvdeftonz
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cd Player Installation?

Take some measurements (W, H, and D) first. I don't know what you current radio looks like, but the older car radios were kind of big. I don't see why you couldn't fit a single DIN aftermarket unit in. Take the measurements first, though.

BTW, I know people who have mounted their HU's in a number of different places. I have a friend who built a custom HU housing unit in his glove box. I plan on building a fiberglass center console unit that will house my HU, changer, remote gain ****, and a hole big enough to fit a double gulp in . It's all up to your imagination.