1947 Ford 1.5 ton grain truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 06:45 AM
MN47Ford
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1947 Ford 1.5 ton grain truck

So, to start off, hey I'm Drew. I'm 19 years old and in complete and total lust for these old old trucks.

My grandfather bought a 1947 Ford 1.5 ton grain truck brand new, little to no miles on it, to use for trucking. It had a dump bed and all that jazz, that's why I call it a grain truck. So my grandpa basically used this truck, and I kid you not, wore out 6 or 7 flatheads in it in the time he drove it before he quit trucking. He went everywhere and could make this old truck do anything he wanted it to do. My dad always tells me this stuff, and it's just so cool hearing all of the cool things they did or my grandpa did with it.

Anyway, unfortunately a month and a half or two months before I was born, my grandfather passed away, and his estate was picked away by the vultures of my great aunts and uncles, or stolen by my ex-uncle I never knew. I have a lot of negative family history and that's the extent I will bore you with. But the 47 was sold to someone, however a few years ago, my dad and my closest uncle had found my grandpa's old truck. so my uncle bought it up and is now in possession of it.

Now that I am older and able to understand more and more of this, I come to find out the ol' gal is sitting in some shed, surrounded and basically buried by other things like trailers, and things like that making it so you cannot get to it. I've always felt a sort of connection with my grandpa even though I never knew him, and I have always wanted a link to him. This truck could be that link but my uncle will not hear any word of getting the truck out or at least letting me work on it or getting his tush in gear and working on it with my help. My uncle treats the truck like it is solely his which technically it is, but it's still my grandpa's and he and my dad both did work with this truck, so it should be considered the family's truck....right?

What I was wondering was...what would be a possible reasonable offer price for an unrestored, barn-kept, still running and drivable 1947 Ford 1.5 Ton if I wanted to buy the truck from him some day in the future? Not to sound like a bad guy, it's just, the thing is pretty much buried alive, and I have the means of having it easily accessible stored, flexible people at the place I will store it and so if say my uncle or my father or my other uncles would want to drive it then it will be able to be accessed to.

Of course pictures are to come, I'm just curious about this. I've tried looking everywhere and came up short.