Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

Happy Birthday America 237 years young BS and Chat thread for Illinois.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 08:44 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
continued.... So we get to the Base lodge and she siad she hasn't ever climbed Trail "A".... which is the steepest, sheerest route. The trail map says "experts only, no rest spots"..... sure... I say.. I haven't exercised in this decade, why not... lol

So we start hiking and its a struggle... steep incline, like 15% gradient... then we veer of to the side and it gets rocky and steep, like literally straight up, grabbing rocks and holding the ground going up.... we get up a bit and i'm like F*** this.. but the problem was that to go down was now too dangerous,... so we had to press on. about 15 mnutes later the rain comes over the mountain..... and it starts to pour down. We are in a real pickle... can't go down and only way up is a 32% grade!!! I was yelling and fuming, but I couldn't do anything about it, we had to get near the top so we could find another trail to go back down that wasn't nearly as steep, so on we soldiered.....

Get to the top about 715pm... still raining and lightning... and now we have a real problem... its getting dark and every other trail is at least 2.1 miles down..... so we hoof it down a different trail and I am about spent... She runs 3-5 miles every day, hikes all this BS mountains... but I sit one my computer and talk to you guys, lol.

It is pouring down rain, we cant see, muddy, stumbling, slippery... I am a beaten man WAY before this point, but what can we do? They don't do mountain rescue after hours, lol. To sum it up, I did a hike up this mountain, at the most difficult trail, and I can barely stand... lol

The fiance says she owes me BIG time.... lets see what that means

-The Great

Old 07-07-2013, 08:47 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by KOESTNER
Evening Clint! Just a 2 mile walk with your honey.
LOl I WISH!!! I woulda loved to take a "WALK" rather than the cliff face climbing I did

-The Great

Old 07-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
expensive goodies for the truck??

Old 07-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
btw did she fall in the mudd??

Old 07-07-2013, 08:52 PM
KOESTNER
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CLINT-THE-GREAT
continued.... So we get to the Base lodge and she siad she hasn't ever climbed Trail "A".... which is the steepest, sheerest route. The trail map says "experts only, no rest spots"..... sure... I say.. I haven't exercised in this decade, why not... lol

So we start hiking and its a struggle... steep incline, like 15% gradient... then we veer of to the side and it gets rocky and steep, like literally straight up, grabbing rocks and holding the ground going up.... we get up a bit and i'm like F*** this.. but the problem was that to go down was now too dangerous,... so we had to press on. about 15 mnutes later the rain comes over the mountain..... and it starts to pour down. We are in a real pickle... can't go down and only way up is a 32% grade!!! I was yelling and fuming, but I couldn't do anything about it, we had to get near the top so we could find another trail to go back down that wasn't nearly as steep, so on we soldiered.....

Get to the top about 715pm... still raining and lightning... and now we have a real problem... its getting dark and every other trail is at least 2.1 miles down..... so we hoof it down a different trail and I am about spent... She runs 3-5 miles every day, hikes all this BS mountains... but I sit one my computer and talk to you guys, lol.

It is pouring down rain, we cant see, muddy, stumbling, slippery... I am a beaten man WAY before this point, but what can we do? They don't do mountain rescue after hours, lol. To sum it up, I did a hike up this mountain, at the most difficult trail, and I can barely stand... lol

-The Great
Clint! You don't have the energy. LOL

Old 07-07-2013, 08:53 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts

-The Great
I had a strenuous day also.. Had to keep moving from the computer to the recliner so my **** didn't get sore...

Old 07-07-2013, 08:53 PM
KOESTNER
FTE Legend
LOl I WISH!!! I woulda loved to take a "WALK" rather than the cliff face climbing I did

-The Great

Hellofa walk.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:55 PM
KOESTNER
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by donjamer
I had a strenuous day also.. Had to keep moving from the computer to the recliner so my **** didn't get sore...

Now your back is sore too....

Old 07-07-2013, 08:57 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Clint! You don't have the energy. LOL
I'm definately taking a rain check for that one!!!!

-The Great

Old 07-07-2013, 09:00 PM
KOESTNER
FTE Legend
I'm definately taking a rain check for that one!!!!

-The Great

When you get married there will be no more rain checks.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:00 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 324 Likes on 295 Posts
Hey Neil, why are some NY plates Yellow and Blue and others are Blue and White?

-The Great
Clint, sorry that I did not see this last night...... the blue on gold plates are the new ones that are being issued by the DMV. They came out a couple years ago. The previous ones are the blue letters on the white background. We still have the blue and white ones on our vehicles and will be keeping them until we need to replace them. If we want the new blue and gold ones, we can get them after we buy them. All new registrations automatically get the new plates.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:04 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 324 Likes on 295 Posts
When you get married there will be no more rain checks.
Rick speaks the TRUTH!!!!!

Old 07-07-2013, 09:07 PM
KOESTNER
FTE Legend
Whatever you do, don't let her eat wedding cake. There is an ingredient that changes everything as you once knew it.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Old 07-07-2013, 09:15 PM
fire240
FTE Legend
Received 255 Likes on 246 Posts
Evening all.

Quick Reply: Happy Birthday America 237 years young BS and Chat thread for Illinois.