General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Path of the Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 12:36 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Path of the Warrior

Here is something for this Memorial Day

A touching tribute to our Veterans..

Old 05-26-2013, 03:42 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 05-26-2013, 05:23 PM
BIGKEN
Received 7,108 Likes on 4,191 Posts
Tremendous video Don...we must never forget!!!

Old 05-26-2013, 05:48 PM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All too often, I think that we do not really 'think' about what a holiday is for.
It's NOT just 'another day off from work'.

On this absolutely beautiful weekend, PLEASE give some thought as to what this holiday means.

To me, it means that EVERY man and woman that has given their life, so that we can be FREE, paid the ultimate price for Freedom.

As I watched the video the Don posted, goose-bumps raised on my arms, my neck and even the top of my old, gray-haired head.

To the Men and Women of our Armed Forces - Active or Veteran - THANK YOU for your service to this great nation!

To the families and friends of those Men and Women that have paid the ultimate price in the name of Freedom, God Bless you.
I grieve with you, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart, for your sacrifice.

I try, every day, to live up to those sacrifices.
They mean something, to me.

The United States of America IS the greatest nation on this Earth.

Old 05-26-2013, 08:44 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by 00BlueOvalRanger
All too often, I think that we do not really 'think' about what a holiday is for.
It's NOT just 'another day off from work'.

On this absolutely beautiful weekend, PLEASE give some thought as to what this holiday means.

To me, it means that EVERY man and woman that has given their life, so that we can be FREE, paid the ultimate price for Freedom.

As I watched the video the Don posted, goose-bumps raised on my arms, my neck and even the top of my old, gray-haired head.

To the Men and Women of our Armed Forces - Active or Veteran - THANK YOU for your service to this great nation!

To the families and friends of those Men and Women that have paid the ultimate price in the name of Freedom, God Bless you.
I grieve with you, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart, for your sacrifice.

I try, every day, to live up to those sacrifices.
They mean something, to me.

The United States of America IS the greatest nation on this Earth.

I agree 100%...

The video touched my heart and made a tear or two flow..

Old 05-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What happens afterwards?
What happens afterwards...
What happens to us?

The tears don't stop just because some whoopee ding war ended, do they?

But no matter how many say "THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE" it just doesn't help all that much...

The tears remain.

~ and the wounded who will never be the same again

What I think is vastly misunderstood is that YOU!
Need to give us a reason for all of the things we have done.
Why did we do all of that?
FOR WHAT?

For YOU?

Please convince me it was worth it...

You Ladies and Gentlemen of the common society owe us a debt for your right to walk down the streets of your town and buy whatever you want to every day
WE GAVE THAT TO YOU

Do you even understand what it means, or cost?

-I post this, so that you can maybe understand that even if a small bit better

WE have gone to war, even committed atrocities for your sake.

I want to know that it was worth it....

But I look around, and wonder

Old 05-26-2013, 10:39 PM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Sleep well...Our Warriors are standing watch!

Old 05-27-2013, 05:38 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
or something this simple........

Attached Images  
Old 05-27-2013, 05:50 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Greywolf
What happens afterwards?
What happens to us?

The tears don't stop just because some whoopee ding war ended, do they?

But no matter how many say "THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE" it just doesn't help all that much...

The tears remain.

~ and the wounded who will never be the same again

What I think is vastly misunderstood is that YOU!
Need to give us a reason for all of the things we have done.
Why did we do all of that?
FOR WHAT?

For YOU?

Please convince me it was worth it...

You Ladies and Gentlemen of the common society owe us a debt for your right to walk down the streets of your town and buy whatever you want to every day
WE GAVE THAT TO YOU

Do you even understand what it means, or cost?

-I post this, so that you can maybe understand that even if a small bit better

WE have gone to war, even committed atrocities for your sake.

I want to know that it was worth it....

But I look around, and wonder
I'm sorry Wolfie, i don't disagree with you much at all, ever, but no one owes us anything except for the benefits that we were promised for said service.

If we serve our country for gratitude then we served for the wrong reasons. I loved the Navy and Coast Guard but I needed a job too.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:21 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I just get depressed when I see so much crime, advantage taking, and thoughtlessness everywhere.

But I'm not going to apologize for the post.

Iron guts, right?

Old 05-27-2013, 02:26 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Greywolf
I just get depressed when I see so much crime, advantage taking, and thoughtlessness everywhere.

But I'm not going to apologize for the post.

Iron guts, right?
I'm with you bro and you shouldn't aplogize for how you feel.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
It's interesting in a way that warriors are portrayed in a much more humanistic way than ever before. I have often wondered what it would be to be a cop -
SOLID OFFICIAL BUSINESS, all day long.

And then what? When you get home?

I'm a little boozed right now, got some snausages if I want to grill. I guess I'm rambling

Old 05-28-2013, 07:49 AM
JWA
Fleet Owner
Received 1,393 Likes on 1,102 Posts
There are those in any society who greatly benefit from the sacrifices of others on their behalf, they remain somewhat ignorant of such things---and that's not as horrible as it first sounds. In the video a caption appears saying "the ultimate goal of any war is peace........." which I'm fully inclined to agree with, without hesitation.

I'm sure even though most images in this video are of our military its not intended to exclude anyone standing on the front line against forces intent on inflicting pain or suffering upon our people or nation. In the past 13 years we've seen the bravery and sacrifice of first responders, we're seeing it still today and tomorrow too if its needed--that much I'm fully sure about.

Is it worth it? Does having a society largely unaware of the real cost of war our combatants endure after their service make that service less valiant, valuable or somehow lessen its benefit to the unaware people? Not in the least!

Every "bad" day in the USA is still so much better than in so many other places---we have our front line representatives to thank for this. I'm a direct beneficiary of their answering the call of duty they hear and heed and yet I'm probably just a bit unaware of what they deal with when that service has ended. That's not being unappreciative, its just not being able to walk in their shoes with them or for them.

Greywolf's thoughts are pertinent and while maybe not what we want to hear and accept its true none the less. If nothing else his thoughts can serve to remind us all it IS worth it----do we all not want a future where our children have no idea what war is, how it is to live without fear?

I do---and I thank DonJammer and ShoreBird for their images!

Old 05-28-2013, 08:40 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Dutch ain't off base much, if any, really. But you can only control one person, and that's yourself. I appreciate all that has been done by the folks in the armed forces, that's for sure. And, I agree that words from me to someone that's in the military probably doesn't mean as much as those coming from a fellow serviceman. But it's all that I can offer. I can say thank you, and lead my life accordingly. I can support our troops and their families, but since I never served, I will never be at your level, and I know that. I'm very grateful for living in the United States, and all the freedoms that come with it. I am very grateful for those that fought to keep it that way, and especially to those that were killed while striving for that goal.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:16 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think what is inferred is that there are those (and way too many of them IMHO) who ARE blind to the cost paid....

I too can only repay the debt with thanks and the way I live my life - trying to help others and living the dream...

Having lived overseas for a few years I certainly know how good we have it here BECAUSE of the debt paid by others
I 'discussed' that with a couple of whiners that came to the get together yesterday about how they were too young and too spoiled to have any idea what memorial day meant .... I actually think I got through to one of them !!! we'll see...

I am thankful for my good fortune to be born here and to understand a bit of what went before --- I was born later in my Dad's life and he had been a pilot in ww2 and told me some of his stories --- and emphasized how little he really experienced compared to many... I guess I got my thankfulness from him...