Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

30mm Rear Swaybar Installation Part #'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 08:53 PM
BEARDOWN
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will you take some pics after the install?

Old 05-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by BEARDOWN
Will you take some pics after the install?
And of

please...

Old 05-09-2013, 07:49 AM
ComputerCowboy
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Tommyquest
Includes the bar. I added prices to the original post.
Interesting, I have the Hellwig installed. I wonder if I could just replace the Hellwig bar with the OEM bar and use all the Hellwig mounting hardware that is already installed on the truck. I have the BDS heavy duty end links that match my lift, brand new, sitting in a box.

The way the OEM bar attaches to the end links is much more conducive to making sway bar disconnects for off-roading.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:24 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Is the OEM better for just adding one to an X or is the Hellwig better?

Old 05-09-2013, 10:01 AM
ComputerCowboy
Posting Guru
They are pretty much the same except for the end links. The Hellwig endlinks are garbage, and they attach in a different way. The OEM bar is more suited to lifted trucks because you can buy longer endlinks from BDS (and perhaps other manufacturers) If you use the Hellwig in a lifted application you need to fab something. The Hellwig links might break on you, I've seen pictures. I haven't heard complaints about the OEM links breaking.

I am interested in replacing the Hellwig with OEM so that I can have stronger end-links (BDS vs my fab) and create a quick disconnect system.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Turfzilla
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For those of you who do not have a factory rear swaybar and want to install one I finally managed to track down all the necessary part #'s needed to add a 30mm rear swaybar.

F81Z5A772AA 30mm Rear Stabilizer Bar $99.21
E5TZ5486B Stabilizer Bar Bracket (2) $21.76 for 2
1C3Z5705AA U-bolt (2) $33.82 for 2
3C7Z5K484EA Endlink (2) $55.88 for 2
E5TZ5B498AA Stabilizer Bar Mount Bracket (2) $12.56 for 2
The washers in the pic I ended up not needing.
I purchased these parts from tousleyfordparts.com
All metal flanged center-locknuts you can source locally.
M10X1.5 (4) for the u-bolts
M12x1.75 (4) for the endlinks.

I saw all those parts laying on the ground under a F350 the last time I went to the Yank, Pull and Pay. I guess I need to go back and get them asap.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:54 PM
VQT
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe factory sway bar attach to the axle next to the shock bracket; where as Hellwig attach to the shock braket. The two sway bar are not interchangable. Also Hellwig bolt holes are horizontal, factory are verticle. Look at the factory end link again from the OP picture.
You will need to buy an adaptor for the Hellwig to use factory end link. I like the factory end link, look much sturdier than hellwig end link

Originally Posted by ComputerCowboy
They are pretty much the same except for the end links. The Hellwig endlinks are garbage, and they attach in a different way. The OEM bar is more suited to lifted trucks because you can buy longer endlinks from BDS (and perhaps other manufacturers) If you use the Hellwig in a lifted application you need to fab something. The Hellwig links might break on you, I've seen pictures. I haven't heard complaints about the OEM links breaking.

I am interested in replacing the Hellwig with OEM so that I can have stronger end-links (BDS vs my fab) and create a quick disconnect system.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:00 AM
wallz
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ComputerCowboy
Interesting, I have the Hellwig installed. I wonder if I could just replace the Hellwig bar with the OEM bar and use all the Hellwig mounting hardware that is already installed on the truck. I have the BDS heavy duty end links that match my lift, brand new, sitting in a box.

The way the OEM bar attaches to the end links is much more conducive to making sway bar disconnects for off-roading.
I ended up finding and buying, installing the adjustable helwig end links for the rear sway bar. You could easily convert those to the quick disconnect for more movement while off roading. You will need the clevis kit to make them work on the rear hellwig bar. That is where you can add the removable pin. I ordered thru sdtrucksprings.com all on sale.

Back to regular programing.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:24 PM
ComputerCowboy
Posting Guru
Question

Originally Posted by wallz
I ended up finding and buying, installing the adjustable helwig end links for the rear sway bar. You could easily convert those to the quick disconnect for more movement while off roading. You will need the clevis kit to make them work on the rear hellwig bar. That is where you can add the removable pin. I ordered thru sdtrucksprings.com all on sale.

Back to regular programing.

Sweet, so if I order the right length and the clevis kit then I don't have to fab anything?

Old 05-10-2013, 01:38 PM
wallz
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Yep. My adjustable kit fit nice and is way beefier than the ones that came with the sway bar.
Took me longer to remove on original end link than to mount the 2 new ones

Old 05-20-2013, 09:30 AM
BEARDOWN
Senior User
Do I need to change out the stock right shock mount with that plate to get this setup to work?

Old 05-20-2013, 11:26 AM
az_r2d1
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
to the OP; will these parts work for a non-lifted 2wd ?

Old 05-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Tommyquest
Cross-Country
I added pics to the original post. This is the factory setup and will work with non-lifted trucks.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:05 PM
az_r2d1
Posting Guru
I added pics to the original post. This is the factory setup and will work with non-lifted trucks.
2WD trucks sit lower than 4WD trucks. So that still works ok ?

Old 05-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Tommyquest
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by az_r2d1
2WD trucks sit lower than 4WD trucks. So that still works ok ?
Though I can't say 100% the only difference I could see between 2wd and 4wd is maybe the different rear blocks. I plugged all the p/n's into tousley ford's website and only saw different leaf spring U-bolts between 2wd and 4wd. That would lead me to believe the blocks are different heights so aside from maybe different endlinks, the swaybar and bracket hardware should be the same. Hopefully someone with more knowledge about the endlink lengths will chime in but there is a lot leeway using stock endlinks as far as vehicle height.

Quick Reply: 30mm Rear Swaybar Installation Part #'s