Gas Mileage

Old 06-06-2003, 12:17 AM
cheapfeel
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gas Mileage

Hey guys,

Just thought i would send out a report on the gas mileage i get with my 4.2. I got a 98 4.2, short box reg cab truck. The other day me and a friend had to run his Chevy truck inot the city to get fixed...yeah imagine that...fixin' a chevy. ..hehehe...anyways, he drove his truck and i drove mine. On the way into the city, we were probably averaging about 125 to 130 km/h, speeding up and slowing down at the site of every white car....were just angels aren't we !! So i was figuring gas milage would be absolutley horribe b/c of this. The way back home was probably about an average of 120 km/h too. So with these speeds in mind when we got home and back to the gas pumps we filled er up. We left with a full tank and never filled up the whole time we were gone. So at the gas station i pumped 46 litres into the tank!! The whole distance travelled for that trip was 369 kilometres. So with my math skills the calculator read out that i got 22.9 miles to the gallon!!!! 22.9!!!!! I don't know about you guys, but at those speeds don't you think it should have been lower?!?!?!?! Like thats pretty good mileage out of that engine. I remeber when i first got it, 17 Miles to the gallon was teh best it could pull, now im sitting at 23 at 20 km/h over teh speed limit!!! If thats not awesome i don't know what is. BTW there was no head wind or tail wind that day, and i had no payload, so i was basically just moving itself. And the only engine upgrade is a K+N filter. (Worth EVERY penny) Anyways i thought i would just tell my story to you guys on how happy i am with my gas milage ! What do all you other guys get for milage on your 4.2's, im damn happy with mine!!

Oh ya BTW we never bothered figuring out the chevys gas mileage, didn't want my day to get ruined by that!!!

Search this Thread