General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Such a cool little toy for what it costs...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 12:11 AM
damarble
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, HD streams fine on the BluRay upstairs. The Wii won't even play HD off a memory card without stuttering and audio/video losing sync. A Wii only outputs 480p anyway.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:50 AM
parkland
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by damarble
Yeah, HD streams fine on the BluRay upstairs. The Wii won't even play HD off a memory card without stuttering and audio/video losing sync. A Wii only outputs 480p anyway.
Oh ok,
Well we have a bunch of movies that are divx 1.7 gb each kinda size, and they play perfect They say HD and look good lol

Old 01-18-2014, 05:09 PM
damarble
Elder User
Mixed review here. I ordered the MK808B with Measy air mouse. The good - it works great overall, plays HD video smoothly, as intuitive as an Android phone. The bad - it took 7 weeks to get here, the wifi is weak and needs antenna mods, and the lack of power button is more annoying than expected.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:45 AM
parkland
Lead Driver
Mixed review here. I ordered the MK808B with Measy air mouse. The good - it works great overall, plays HD video smoothly, as intuitive as an Android phone. The bad - it took 7 weeks to get here, the wifi is weak and needs antenna mods, and the lack of power button is more annoying than expected.
Yeah no doubt, it takes forever for stuff to get here on the boat.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:11 PM
a11m1ghty
Senior User
Originally Posted by parkland
Cheap Mini PC, Buy Google Android TV/ WIFI Network Media Players - DX

We now have one on every TV.
Plugged in a USB game controller, installed GNES, now plays old SNES games ! lol.
So far everything I've plugged into the USB ports works, mouse, keyboard, webcams.... Like a little computer!!!!

Android market works, NetFlix works, and also plays movies over the network that are on the main living room computer.
It's like turning you're TV into an android tablet, but you need a mouse or pointing device as the monitor doesn't have touch obviously.

We've had zero issues with ours so far, and I was amazed at what they cost, so I thought I'd share.
I'm even going to put one in the camper, cause I can plug in an external hard drive with music and movies.
Maybe I'll find out a way to rig one into the truck dash yet lol.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back in 2002 (Before double DIN Pioneers Nav units), I actually carved up my Expedition dash and mounted a 7" LCD with a Dell SX260 PC, USB touch pad, all because I wanted to have a CAR PC. Clunky, but it all worked. Through the years, I scaled back into Double DIN Pioneer units, but noticed that running on the Microsoft CE OS, it was slow and buggy. Fast forward to today, I was in the process of mounting an android tablet into the dash with an door actuator for access (pop in/out). NO NEED NOW!

I've got 7" auto monitors and will use this as driving the audio/video . I'll use another AMP to power the speakers. I'm going to grab 3. 1 for the Prius, (Yes, I drive a Prius too) and 2 for the Excursion (Front and rear). Great find, thanks again!

Old 03-20-2014, 06:00 PM
parkland
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by a11m1ghty
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back in 2002 (Before double DIN Pioneers Nav units), I actually carved up my Expedition dash and mounted a 7" LCD with a Dell SX260 PC, USB touch pad, all because I wanted to have a CAR PC. Clunky, but it all worked. Through the years, I scaled back into Double DIN Pioneer units, but noticed that running on the Microsoft CE OS, it was slow and buggy. Fast forward to today, I was in the process of mounting an android tablet into the dash with an door actuator for access (pop in/out). NO NEED NOW!

I've got 7" auto monitors and will use this as driving the audio/video . I'll use another AMP to power the speakers. I'm going to grab 3. 1 for the Prius, (Yes, I drive a Prius too) and 2 for the Excursion (Front and rear). Great find, thanks again!
If I might make a suggestion, and waste 14$ of your money, if you get an android box that has bluetooth, also buy this :

Mini Car OBDII ELM327B V1.5a Wireless Code Reader Scanner Support Android Phone - Blue - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

And theoretically you should be able to download the app on the android device, and be able to display OBD2 codes on your screen if necessary.

I haven't tried it, but it theoretically should work....

Old 03-20-2014, 10:17 PM
damarble
Elder User
Originally Posted by parkland
If I might make a suggestion, and waste 14$ of your money, if you get an android box that has bluetooth, also buy this :

Mini Car OBDII ELM327B V1.5a Wireless Code Reader Scanner Support Android Phone - Blue - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

And theoretically you should be able to download the app on the android device, and be able to display OBD2 codes on your screen if necessary.

I haven't tried it, but it theoretically should work....
Great idea. I'd try it but I don't have anything OBD2.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:22 PM
parkland
Lead Driver
The 7 weeks, well thats your free shipping for you.
The wifi, yes it's a crappy antenna, it works about as good as my laptop.
Not sure about the power button, none of mine have one.

I have a lot of computer gadgets around, cheap to expensive, and lots started out wireless and now have ethernet cables run to them, even if it meant drilling through walls or burying 100 ft of cable to the garage.... wireless is great, but not even close to as reliable as wired connections.