Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Spring Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 02:48 PM
Dieseltorque
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spring Cleaning

As some warmer weather finally hit Chicago and the snow melted away (For good I hope, one day here you'll be out shirtless, the next you're in a pair of bibs and boots.) I decided to clean the truck up a bit. Washing and waxing time.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Texas Chain Ring
Posting Guru
I washed my truck by hand last week, the very next day it stormed. doh!

Looks good!

Old 03-28-2013, 03:15 PM
jeffreyt
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm, that's something my trucks only saw with their previous owners. I will dust the dash and vacuum the carpet every few months though, around the same time I shovel the crap out of the bed. Usually before a camping trip.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:17 PM
ronjon95
Senior User
Your Truck looks Good!

Itching to do myself!! I pulled out my Ninja steam cleaning extractor the other day to do a few in the house and it wouldnt heat! So repairing so I can steam clean the seats and carpet. Also picked up a orbital polisher on sale at Harbor Freight for Waxing. I'm getting Spring Fever Bad!! It will finally get 60 degrees in Southern Indiana this Saturday.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Dieseltorque
Junior User
Yea, I got the truck not to long ago and the front fender shown had to be repainted due to a small fender bender the previous owner got into, so I decided to wash it and wax it :P +I'm on spring break from school and got pretty bored and it was warm out Decided I needed to get my sun tan on so I started to wash the entire truck hahaha

Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 PM
bigb56
Cargo Master

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts
I wash mine every year whether it needs it or not.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:11 PM
Dieseltorque
Junior User
Originally Posted by ronjon95
Your Truck looks Good!

Itching to do myself!! I pulled out my Ninja steam cleaning extractor the other day to do a few in the house and it wouldnt heat! So repairing so I can steam clean the seats and carpet. Also picked up a orbital polisher on sale at Harbor Freight for Waxing. I'm getting Spring Fever Bad!! It will finally get 60 degrees in Southern Indiana this Saturday.

Those extractors are real nice, but I used to have some cheap china-made kind, but learned they were more of a hassle than a convenience. Now I rent one at Walmart every couple of months. Also a nice way to get at the carpet is by going to a hardware/convenience store, here in Illinois we have Menards (similar to home depot/lowes) they have generic brand air-sole can carpet cleaning foam for like $2.00 a can, Ill get about 4 or 5 of those and a can or two of better Blue-Coral or Turtle Wax interior cleaning foam which is about $5.00. I spray the whole carpet wait a few minutes to penetrate, scrub in with a brush, than shop-vac (Utility vacuum) it all out. Comes out pretty nice, works good on stains too. and waxing.... I'm only 16 so my dad B*tches at me do to it by hand, he states that I should be able to wax the truck by hand in minutes. :P But I used that Meguire's high gloss paste crap. It comes in like a red-ish color tin.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:18 PM
Dieseltorque
Junior User
Originally Posted by bigb56
I wash mine every year whether it needs it or not.

I try to get at it every couple of weeks or so, at-least just washing it with some soap. I have to park it in a lot behind my house(Won't fit in the garage -.- #lifted truck problems), which unfortunately is under a whole bunch of trees and power lines. So it ends up getting covered in pigeon *****. Pigeons(flying rats) here in the city have probably the most acidic droppings ever. Stain your paint if left on for a while.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:53 AM
jeffreyt
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dieseltorque
(Won't fit in the garage -.- #lifted truck problems)
Do what I did, get the box blade and drag some gravel out until she fits snug as a bug lol. (I had gravel though, not concrete or asphalt, so it worked out...)

Old 03-29-2013, 07:00 AM
twg1966
Trying to Gain Knowledge

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good one Jeff. Now if I had a roof over my gravel pad.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Dieseltorque
Junior User
Wow, that's a tight fit, and unfortunately my garage is connected to my house and its brick with a concrete floor. I tried putting up a bigger garage/barn out in my yard, but the village wouldn't permit it -__-

Old 03-30-2013, 08:29 AM
Christof13T
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jeffreyt
Do what I did, get the box blade and drag some gravel out until she fits snug as a bug lol. (I had gravel though, not concrete or asphalt, so it worked out...)

Jeff,
Michelle said " now thats thinking Under the box!"

Good stuff.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:32 AM
Christof13T
Postmaster
Originally Posted by twg1966
Good one Jeff. Now if I had a roof over my gravel pad.
We'll get there Brother...
Little bites at a time...

Im hoping i can get my flatbed some tires when i get these trucks done...
And we can move my jd to your place.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:47 AM
Christof13T
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Dieseltorque
But I used that Meguire's high gloss paste crap. It comes in like a red-ish color tin.

I use the same stuff. Its awesome. I dont ever wet wash my truck... the water is to hard and the water spots look like a paint sickness...

I use one of those "California car dusters" and the dirtier it gets... the better it works... its pretty wild. And i dont like wasting water just to get some dirt off a truck...

Old 03-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Dieseltorque
Junior User
Originally Posted by Christof13T
I use the same stuff. Its awesome. I dont ever wet wash my truck... the water is to hard and the water spots look like a paint sickness...

I use one of those "California car dusters" and the dirtier it gets... the better it works... its pretty wild. And i dont like wasting water just to get some dirt off a truck...
Ah, here we have some pretty good water and I dont really trust nor do I know any good water-less car wash products :P

Quick Reply: Spring Cleaning