6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Lot's of updates on the 2013's !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 10:48 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lot's of updates on the 2013's !!!

While the wife was shopping her Audi Q5 for a new loaded explorer... took one of the new 13's out and the updates are enticing....

The useless 12 nav has been updated to a much nicer unit...
the dash's 'no mans valley' has been replaced with a nice flip up door where you can connect all your tech toys.... sd car reader - usb devices - 12 v power.... pretty neat....

Since my '11 250 fits in the garage with the rear touching the back wall and the front within inches of the garage door... I would probably like a sb dually to tow the 5er with, but don't think the resale would be in demand...

I would rather not go to a long bed though... have to think on it and maybe work a two car deal with ordering that truck like I like .....

hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm will probably be up tonight thinking about it now

Old 03-16-2013, 10:55 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Only bad thing is that if you want an SB Dually, it's going to be a used 2009 or 2010 or older model because they don't build them anymore.

Unless you convert a new SB SRW truck to a Dually.....then you'd have a new one.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:02 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm one of those folks that does not have the option to park my truck in a shelter. Never been garaged, never will. I don't think parking outside is that big of a deal, especially in the temperament climate.

These trucks are utility vehicles for us. They are tools, there are specific reasons for having one. It's just logic. If you feel it necessary to update your "toolbox" then not parking in the garage is really not a deal breaker.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj
I'm one of those folks that does not have the option to park my truck in a shelter. Never been garaged, never will. I don't think parking outside is that big of a deal, especially in the temperament climate.

These trucks are utility vehicles for us. They are tools, there are specific reasons for having one. It's just logic. If you feel it necessary to update your "toolbox" then not parking in the garage is really not a deal breaker.
I agree with you there. I really fail to see why some go for fits in the garage over the right tool for the job. But then again I also heat my house with wood, so shortbeds just don't work for me, and my garage is nowhere close to big enough to get this truck in.

Had a buddy whos looking tell me if he buys one it'll never get anything in the bed other than the 5ver hitch. Logic I can't understand there, it's a truck, a tool, and while it is nice, and certainly expensive, I'm still going to use it like a truck. Also had a dealer tell me they would have to fix the dent on the INSIDE of my dodge tailgate before they put it on the lot...............

To the OP, I thought the 12's were nice (never played with the nav though), but after trying out the 13 before I ordered it, the 12 seemed simpler to use, it appears there will be a bit of a learning curve to get used to the my ford touch setup, and it's lack of "hard" buttons. And as previously posted, shortbeds duallies are a thing of the past.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:40 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Depends on the codes of a subdivision.
Some want cars in garages.

But if you're not limited by that and you are thinking a DRW would be a better/safer tool for your fiver, don't let a garage stop you.
The 2013's are nice.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:34 PM
zmw
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally think the new mytouch system is terrible, I've had it in several vehicles both rented and owned and hate it - the physical dials buttons and **** are much preferred for ME particularly when using gloves and such.

I just bought a 2012 over a 2013, partially for that reason.

I applaud Ford for pushing new tech in vehicles, but the interface is painful and very difficult to use with out looking AT the screen and frankly when towing heavy, that's just not safe.

GL either way - I don't feel like the changes are significant enough to upgrade from an 11 unless you are looking at a ton of miles on your current rig.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:36 PM
gigabit
Freshman User
Originally Posted by zmw
I personally think the new mytouch system is terrible, I've had it in several vehicles both rented and owned and hate it - the physical dials buttons and **** are much preferred for ME particularly when using gloves and such.

I just bought a 2012 over a 2013, partially for that reason.

I applaud Ford for pushing new tech in vehicles, but the interface is painful and very difficult to use with out looking AT the screen and frankly when towing heavy, that's just not safe.

GL either way - I don't feel like the changes are significant enough to upgrade from an 11 unless you are looking at a ton of miles on your current rig.
that's what my parents said about the iPhone/smart phones... guess what device they enjoy on a daily basis is?

Old 03-21-2013, 11:40 AM
Brandon Bloomquist
Senior User
A buddy of mine just got a 2013 Lariat with Navi, and while it all looks nice to the eye, it's not that well executed. I had use of the truck's systems on an eight hour drive and found plenty to keep me happy with my 2012.

My prime complaints with it:
- System lag
- Touch imprecision
- Lack of feedback to let you know you'd touched a button right away
- Seat heater / cooler controls buried three menus deep
- Audio source (CD, Sirius, FM, AM, USB, BT) controls buried many menus deep
- Screen stays too bright at night
- Map database has several roads that aren't attached to anything else in the map, so it doesn't know that the road you are on will go somewhere other than a dead end
- Several addresses were off by a block