Sponsored by: Moser

1975 F100 Custom Influence

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 01:54 PM
tsaincic
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1975 F100 Custom Influence

Hi, I'm new to FTE and after being inspired by a mutual friend decided to list my truck here.
I'm from South Africa and always said I never wanted a truck, and never wanted a Ford......since buying my truck in Feb 2012 from a farmer close to our hometown - the bug has bitten me.

Dunno if 1 x F100 will do it, but so far the assistance I'm getting from connections made here through this truck it is an awesome "F100 Community"...well of course there are those who have ripped people off already, but enough of that.

I purchsed the truck on the road, accelerator level was either high or low, nothing inbetween...over revved the motor on the first mountain hill to go over and since the motor turned over again after that its full steam ahead.

had some work done here and there and ordered parts from USA, but Decmber 2012 was the strip down. Motor removed and stripped for the first time in 38 years - needs overhaul...sadly as these parts do not come cheap/available in South Africa.

Weekend past removed all wiring, interuior etc and off to panelbeaters for bodywork and painting - awesome project for me and my sons! they love the truck too.

Will update as we progress

Old 02-19-2013, 02:06 PM
POPAJON
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey welcome to FTE. Congrats on being "bitten". There are a LOT of good ppl on this site and even more with good intentions, but with any site or club there are always a few that misuse the privlages or take things the wrong way. Yes plz do keep us posted on your build. Don't be afraid to ask questions on these old girls, cause if you don't ask you won't learn and a mistake can be costly. What's in her for an engine/ transmission? Is she a 4X4 or 2wd. What's the body style? Pictures do help and don't ask me how to post pics lol I have a hard time setting the time on a VCR. Just take your time and you will do fine. John

Old 02-19-2013, 02:22 PM
tsaincic
New User
Hi John, thannks for reply.

I have the original 300CID (4.9ltr) L6 motor and original std 3spd column shift.

This is just right....oh also new to FTE and not sure on the pics loading, but the body style is that of the 73-75 shape.

Will send pics in due course.

thanks for the words of advice....ciao for now

Old 02-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Justin.Hoeben
Senior User
Hi Tino

Welcome to FTE. Looking forward to your build thread! as you can see and heard there are a lot of wise people here that one can learn from. Will be following your build! Hope you manage to upload some pics!

Cheers

Justin

Old 02-19-2013, 02:50 PM
tsaincic
New User
[/IMG]

pic i hope....

Old 02-19-2013, 08:46 PM
76Hauler
Elder User
welcome! check out www.blueovaltruckparts.com they ship world wide, the owner is a big Ford nut! good luck, can't wait to see more!

Old 03-17-2013, 01:47 PM
tsaincic
New User
Hi there all, the restore is coming to its final stages....where can i purchase engine bolts? bolts for the manifolds, valve cover etc etc - won;t look too great with a resprayed overhauled motor, resprayed body and engine bay with old rusty bolts.
Would be even better if I could get these parts locally in RSA as the US/Rand exchange is terrible for us right now....

Will load some more pictures etc when truck back here by me, getting very anxious now for the parts for the overhaul from USA, and the respray to be done almost the same time. I need to nstall the ez2wire kit on the body and then replace clutch kit and get that motor in, tune up and overhaul my 38 Weber and see what happens.....

cheers for now!
Tino

Old 03-17-2013, 02:56 PM
Justin.Hoeben
Senior User
Hi Tino

looking forward to your progress, interested how your motor will perform after the overhaul, making some space for my truck at my house, once its settled in I might consider removing the motor as well and follow your example!

Cheers

Old 03-17-2013, 09:49 PM
kwe45919
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Glad to have you here and glad to see you and your boys will have some memories. These trucks are more fun than some make it out to be. Me and my little girl enjoy our time together, even if things don't go so well.......

Old 03-19-2013, 09:18 PM
RyanSbigblue
New User
ive heard good things about the 300 motor how do you like it

Old 03-20-2013, 03:14 PM
tsaincic
New User
Ryan, the 300 is an awesome strong motor. I am very happy with it. Dont try doing extensive speed but the torque is great, for a nice cruise and learning to enjoy the time you spend driving.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:16 PM
tsaincic
New User
Guys, does anyone know the jet-settings and adaptation to 38 DGAS Weber carb onto the 300CID motor/ I have purchased a used one for fitment - but having some problems to get the correct adaptors and choke connections.
Hey, here is a pick of the trucks new colour - bonnet done so far...

Old 03-20-2013, 03:20 PM
tsaincic
New User
Still figuring out FTE site....

Old 03-20-2013, 03:23 PM
tsaincic
New User
Old 03-20-2013, 03:48 PM
redroad
Lead Driver
Received 494 Likes on 411 Posts
Originally Posted by tsaincic
Guys, does anyone know the jet-settings and adaptation to 38 DGAS Weber carb onto the 300CID motor/ I have purchased a used one for fitment - but having some problems to get the correct adaptors and choke connections.
Hey, here is a pick of the trucks new colour - bonnet done so far...
Give this a read Classic Inlines - Selecting the right carburetor for your inline six

Quick Reply: 1975 F100 Custom Influence