6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Sirius Deals

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,904 Likes on 1,554 Posts
I like a couple of the music channels, like Deep Tracks and Classic rewinds. I am going to miss the chit out of Fox news talk though. I like a lot in my work truck because where I go I don't have a lot of choices for terrestrial radio in fact sometimes I only have one choice. Am still debating if I want to re-up on my King Ranch. When my free subscription runs out I might just call them in the spring and see if I can get a 3 month trial for the summer and see how that goes.

Cheers

Old 02-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,617 Likes on 740 Posts
I think that is why Sirrus is struggling financially. So many options that many of us don't need sat radio. Personally I have a 16gb thumb drive that holds well over a weeks worth of continuous music and I download lots of audible books on my cell phone and listen to them. I can't tell you the last time I even listened to whats on my jukebox hard drive in the Nav unit and with basic radio and HD radio. Just too many choices.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 AM
CornTruckDriver
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Young
I like a couple of the music channels, like Deep Tracks and Classic rewinds. I am going to miss the chit out of Fox news talk though. I like a lot in my work truck because where I go I don't have a lot of choices for terrestrial radio in fact sometimes I only have one choice. Am still debating if I want to re-up on my King Ranch. When my free subscription runs out I might just call them in the spring and see if I can get a 3 month trial for the summer and see how that goes.
Cheers
The only channels I listen to is the political talk channels and the Grateful Dead channel to see if I hear from folks I knew in another life. TGOGD

Old 02-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
I like to listen to Mike Church on the patriot ch also. But he is on so early in the morning any more that I very seldom get a chance to hear him. I have to make a correction the music ch I like is Classic Vinyl, Classic Rewind is ok but I like the older stuff a little better.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:39 PM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Sixties, Classic Vinyl, ******* Roadhouse, Prime Country, Outlaw Country, and ahhh, Baseball.

I take my portable roady on my motorcycle and have speakers in my helmet. I take it on the four wheeler and use an external speaker. I use the portable when boondockin to listen to ball games. The 5er has a satelite radio in it too but I don't have a script for it.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:53 AM
Axledoc
New User
Originally Posted by Axledoc
My 6 mo. Free subscription is up soon. I got a call this past fri to renew for $15 a mo. I politly declined. Since I have received 4 (missed) calls and a couple emails. So they are going to be telemarketing ninja's now?
Fast forward to Thurs Feb 7 2013. I get a letter in the mail from a fraud protection company naming my bank and the last 4 digits of my credit/debit card saying they just want to verify some "attempted charges" to my card. The girl at the bank tells me that on Friday feb 2, there was a charge put thru for $25(which wasn't paid) . The girl at the bank said the attempted charge was from someplace in Germany. She also tells me that on Monday Feb4 ther were 2 more try's for a $25 transaction at 2:36 and 2:37 in the afternoon,again neither was paid.
Not knowing any of this has happened, this past tues (Feb 5) I see a call come from that number I now recognize, so I answered and its a typical sales call. I say to the guy right at the beginning that I belong to a Ford Truck Forum and seen many people talking about 6months for $25, he says he can offer me that and that after the 6 mo. Promotion is over then $15 per month will "automatically" come out of the account. I say to him that I am not to crazy about money coming out of one of my accounts "automatically" since money does not go into the account "automatically" he chuckled and said I could come back in a week or so and change the "auto" thing but to be able to process the transaction he would have to leave it in place. I said ok and gave him my card info. He said I wouldn't see a charge until after the free trial expired which was Feb 17,2013. I said ok and we got off the phone.
The puzzling part of this whole deal for me is this...
1. How in the hell are they trying to process a $25 transaction, 3 days before I gave them my card info. (I did have Sirius about 6 yrs ago and used the same card then,obviously the exp. date had changed.
2. Why wouldn't Sirius try to contact me if the trans did not go thru ( and yes there was funds to cover the trans)
I had the girl at the bank print the screen she was looking at pertaining to the 3 attempts. So I have those documents. I find it odd that the "terminal ID # on the paperwork I got from the bank is listed as all zero's.
So I call Sirius and explain what has happened. The person tells me he is going to transfer the call to their "fraud" dept. I tell that person what happened and he tells me I will get a call in a couple hrs or so. It's been about 20 hrs and still have not heard from anyone.
I tell the person at Sirius that the card in question is now "dead" and I don't want to give another card number to them. He says that is ok and they will send a paper invoice and I could mail a check.

What a bunch of bull**** to go thru to listen to the radio. I have 4 screaming kids at home 3 of which are teenagers, I think a nice "quiet" ride in my new Ford is easier.
Almost 50yrs old = like peace and quiet

Old 02-09-2013, 09:40 AM
jim48
Elder User
Yeah, the language problem is the same with a lot of companies now. HP is one of the worse. I just tell them I'm sorry I can't understand you, thank them, then hang up. Wait five minutes, and try again. It's a pain, but does no good to argue with somone you can't understand. I get one year at a time for around $100 with all the taxes. It's too much money, but we enjoy the music on our long tows.

Jim

Old 02-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Just for a bit. I was talking to a tech support don't remember the company but I told the guy that I needed to talk to someone that spoke English he responds "Iamspeakenenglish" LOL OK, I told him well you need to slow down a bit and say each word by its self. After a bit he slowed down we could talk.

OK return to normal programming

Cheers

Old 02-09-2013, 10:55 AM
aquaman
Posting Guru
Axledoc, [sorry for going off topic guys]
It's not clear to me in your description whether the $25 charges from Germany are related to Sirius unless it was a charge from Sirius. Some one might have gotten your card number.

Like you, I got a letter from the credit card company a few years ago saying they blocked a charge at a fast food restaurant in my city . We never ate there... I never lost my card, nor did I ever lend it out. My wife and I share the same acct number but that's it. On the same day there was another charge at another fast food chain that my wife takes the kids frequently, then followed by a purchase at a famous toy store

The scary thing was, if I didn't get that letter, I wouldn't have realized the restaurant was somewhere we never travel. I would have simply thought my wife took the kids there for food followed by some fun at the toy store. I would have missed it when I normally review my statement every month if I didn't look at the address or location. Furthermore, my wife did not buy any thing from the toy store in that area and had no reason to do so.

After calling the credit card company to see what was going on (and reverse the bogus charges) they say they are seeing cases of reprogramming cards with other people's account numbers. How they got them is a bit concerning.

I'd get a new credit card number just in case.

BTW, the language thing---it seems to have gotten better over the years. I think a lot of companies are realizing nobody here can understand anything. At one point I couldn't understand a single thing when talking to some dude. He was speaking Hindi or something, and I was saying WTH the whole time. LOL

Old 03-07-2013, 02:13 PM
720Deere
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just called them to cancel before they "automatically" banged for almost $180 again this year. It didn't take much effort to get what amounted to $7.40/month including taxes and government fees. I hate playing the game with them, but they don't give you much choice. SiriusXM is a legal crack dealer that automatically charges your credit card. Think about it, they give you the first rock for free (6 months free with new vehicle) then once you are hooked they try to break it off in you!

Thanks to whoever mentioned using the phone reminder to cancel next year before the automatic rape! I don't usually put long term items on my calendar, but I sure did this time.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Rod Bensken
Senior User
I make them bill me every 6 months. I don't let anyone have my charge card. They cried for a few minutes, then said ok. 24 bucks every 6 months.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:00 PM
geodude
Senior User
My $30 for six months was up and they wanted to renew me at $16.95 a month. So I called to cancel, and told them for $10 a month I could add another 1 GB to my data plan and stream free music. They punted me over to retentions, located in Glace Bay, Nova Scotia of all places, and buddy offered me $75 for a year. There was tax and some royalty fee on top of that so it came to $90.88 for one year, so $7.57 a month. They wouldn't give me any more than a year at that price so I have to go through the same thing again next year. I would have taken three years at that price.

Then to add to the fun, recently I flipped on the Sirius radio in the kitchen one Sunday morning and it was no longer working. The Sirius website told me it was now $4 a month, starting Feb. 1st. I was slightly peeved. So I called them and said I wanted to cancel my whole subscription, so they very quickly gave me that radio for free for the year as well.

I like the service but I'm getting tired of the high prices and the song and dance each time.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:30 PM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts
This game is tiring for sure. I let mine run out after the free six month trial. They kept sending me the different renewal offers in the mail and I ignored them. I finally got an offer for $7 per month in the mail about three months after it expired and decided to call them. I told my wife if I got a CSR who could barely speak English, I was hanging up.

Fortunately, I got a Southern girl with a real nice twang to her voice. I ended up renewing for a year for $7 per month including the Travel Link, etc. I told her I was not going to do the auto-renewal thing and if it was required, just forget it. They didn't auto renew and I just got done getting the same deal again for a year. Glad to have it because I really like the SIRIUS and the Travel Link but I get tired of the bargaining game.