Sponsored by: DP Tuner

cam sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 03:09 PM
medicman
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry cam sensor

just had to replace my cam sensor 280 big ones. but the good thing is it didnt leave me stranded. it always started back up on the way to the garage.

Old 05-29-2003, 04:02 PM
RedTaurus94
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
cam sensor

WOW!!!! $280?

Old 05-29-2003, 07:22 PM
Chopper Lover
New User
cam sensor

Mine died last winter and left me stranded. The repair cost $260. Plus a $50 tow bill....

Old 05-29-2003, 08:36 PM
DGW
New User
cam sensor

I replaced mine 2 weeks ago. Did it myself thanks to all of the how-to tips posted in this forum. Paid $100 for the sensor at the local International dealer in Anchorage. Should have been a quick 10 minute job, but the bolt was in extremely tight and I ended up rounding the head on the bolt. I was using a Husky 6 point socket (10mm) with a 2 inch extension, but I didn't clean the grease off of the bolt very well and I was not at a perfect angle with the wrench. Tried every trick I knew of - heating the bolt with a torch, etc., but nothing would break it loose. By now the bolt head was rounded beyond hope. I had frightening visions of removing the grill and radiator in order to drill the bolt out and re-tap the hole. I knew there must be an alternative - after all, it is the year 2003 and I'm sure that I'm not the first one to round off a bolt head. So I turned to the trusty search engine on my internet browser and within 15 minutes learned of a tool called "Bolt-Out" that is sold by Sears. The description sounded like it should work. I held my breath all the way to the Sears store in hopes that they would have a set of these babies in stock. Deep Sigh! There they were, just hanging on the display rack. Paid $25 bucks for a set of 4 sockets (the package said to use the #4 Bolt-Out socket on 10mm bolt heads). Held my breath all the way home in hopes that it would work. After about 3 tries at trying to get the thing situated on the bolt, it finally bit into the bolt head and with a sturdy tug on the wrench the bolt broke loose. Bolt-Out saved the day!

Old 05-29-2003, 08:41 PM
oppy
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cam sensor

DGW - glad to know those sockets work. I always wondered how well they do, guess I'll hafta pick up a set!