Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

PaysonPSD.... Lost a brother today.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 04:51 AM
Deluxe06
4000 rounds a min
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So sad to here this news, had the pleasure of meeting him at RRE 2010 no one was a stranger to him. you will be missed Robin RIP brother. Thoughts and prayers out to the family.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:04 AM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,698 Likes on 1,137 Posts
such sad news, Robin was always willing to go the extra mile to help someone. he will be missed.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:27 AM
joeyd61
Posting Guru
WOW, what a way to start the morning reading.I too have meet Robin at RRE..A great lost to the family..Godspeed my brother.may you rest in peace

Old 01-23-2013, 08:25 AM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am floored to read this. Robin was like a brother to me. I've never met him in person, but we talked on the phone.

Prayers for Robin and family.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:27 AM
trekbasso
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow.
I almost missed it since it is at the top.

Truly sad and he will be greatly missed.

Condolences and blessings to his family.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Franko72
Molon Labe
I was never blessed to meet Robin, but we talked back and forth on the forum quite a bit.
We all knew what a great asset and friend he was to the brotherhood.

Rest in peace brother, you will be missed!

Old 01-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Km1210
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very unexpecting sad news. I've never met Robin in person and maybe talked to him once over the forums.

I was just looking at his easy, understandable diagram he made for the GPR LED that I plan on doing soon.

Rest In Peace.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:29 AM
flatbeder
Posting Guru
I was in shock when I got the call from his son Phillip. I almost drove off the road. He was like a father to me! I lived a hundered miles from him, and when I first bought my truck I had no place to work on it he warmly opened his garage to me where we modded and repaired mine and his pickup. I looked at some threads he posted on here from when we did my headlights and mods, and had to wipe away tears.

He was a great man to be around, with a infectious laugh, with a heart of gold. We would call each regualry, and his question was to always ask where you at today, how hell have you been? The last time we had talked he was a little giddy because like Greg had said he was planning on moving closer to his son, and he said I'm finally gonna be closer to you Joe.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:21 PM
honeydew
Posting Guru

Just saw this, very sad, my condolences to his family and many friends. He was a wonderful contributor and clearly a great guy.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:30 PM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rest in peace, Brother. My deepest sympathy and prayers go out to the family.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM
smithrock
Senior User
Very sad news! I've read his posts and comments, he was very helpful! My prayers go out to his family and friends, God Bless

Old 01-23-2013, 01:42 PM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by flatbeder
...We would call each regualry, and his question was to always ask where you at today, how hell have you been? ....
That sounds like Robin....I can hear his voice in my head while I read your post. Depending on who called who....our phone conversations always started off like a scene from Seinfeld (when Jerry would greet Newman). "Helloooo Robin.......Helloooo Greg". Always made me chuckle.

A couple of weeks ago I sent him some photos of our truck yard and he responded that it looked like a harem for truck lovers. He always had those sorts of comments that would make me laugh. I know it's human nature to talk well of the departed even though they may not have been very exceptional but that isn't true with Robin. Those that knew him would agree he was far more than an average person. It will be strange to go camping this summer without having him stop by. That will be just one of the many things we miss now that he isn't with us any longer.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:06 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I had communicated with Robin via PM a number of times over the last eight years...trying to plumb his knowledge of our truck. He was always as helpful as he could be and always went out of his way to explain himself fully when I didn't understand (common occurrence for me).

Anyway, about a year ago I was going to be interviewed by a Tucson, AZ radio station (KVOI) concerning the mismanagement of USFS forest lands in the state of AZ and the west in general. I let Robin know when the interview would be and he tuned into it on the web. As soon as the interview was completed, my phone rang...it was Robin. He asked more questions so that he was sure he understood the points I was trying to make in the interview. The questions clearly indicated that he wanted to know more and had thought about the issues.

So, Robin I know when you see Saint Peter you are teacher enough to teach him about 7.3's and you are student enough to listen and ask questions when he teaches you about heaven etiquette. I miss you already brother !

Old 01-23-2013, 03:01 PM
truckeemtnfords
Cargo Master
Received 177 Likes on 126 Posts
Just found this and I am very saddened by it. Just a half hour ago I was on the the old truck side here and was looking at making a trip to Scottsdale area and I mentioned Robin to my wife on how I would like to stop by. Well this news ruined that for me. He was a great guy, we talked via PM's a few times and he was full of knowledge. I am going to miss seeing him on here.

May God bless you my friend and your family.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:29 PM
cps
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Boy news like this sure brings you down. Never met the guy, but from all the comments from those of you that have, he will be missed.Hell ,from the short time i have been on here even i will been missing him and the insight he provided with his posts. RIP. Roy

Quick Reply: PaysonPSD.... Lost a brother today.