6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

My New 2012 F250 XLT 4X4 "Scorpion" 6.7 *Official Journal*

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 AM
JimPat
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nope - not that at all. Just don't let it ruin your day. Don't give "it" that much power over you.

Just trying to keep things in perspective.....NOT an attack on any of you. We're here for your support.....I appreciate all of your posts.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:11 PM
abslayer
Junior User
Ok thanks this is very upsetting to say the leased.

To have dealer look you in the eye and say I seen lots of this type thing and worse so ford screwed up in manufacturing but there is nothing we are going to do.

Is just not acceptable.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:05 PM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Originally Posted by JimPat
Guys - not to be a jerk, but why all the drama?? You appear to be really worrying about this. If you like the truck, keep it. You got some good "stuff' for a slight alignment issue that doesn't impact the utility of the truck. If you don't like the truck, get rid of it.

I get that we all paid a whole lot of money for these trucks - I'm in the Army and don't have a whole lot to toss at it but I still bought it and am quite happy (so far) with what the truck does for me. It is a tool. To let something like this twist your panties to the point where you are losing sleep just isn't healthy.

I wish you luck in this but it appears Ford is doing a good thing with you and yet it doesn't seem to be "enough". I question whether anything will ever be 'enough" for you in this situation.

I say this NOT to be a jerk, nor to ridicule you or your purchase....it just seems that you are 6 pages into this and are really quite upset.

You aren't sleeping in the mud. Nobody is shooting at you. You are amongst friends and family. Life is good - don't let this stuff get to you like this. Don't let it have this much power over you.

I hope this all works out for you and to your satisfaction.
Hello JimPat,
I discussed the alignment issue with my CSR and the Regional CSR yesterday.
I don't think you totally understand or know my position in this situation.
You being in the army has nothing to do with anything, " I question whether anything will ever be 'enough" for you in this situation." I would like to hear you say that to your drill sargent." surely you would not be in my regiment.
My dealer agreed it is noticeably 3/8th of an inch higher on the drivers side and offered to re-align or replace it if that does not work,. I was happy when they told me that but the thing that bothered me was the stripped threads issue I been waiting on for the last 2 weeks.. I do "Love" the truck and told the dealer numerous times, this is why I care when someone damaged my brand new bed box and threads. I just want what I am paying for which is a straight truck. I totally get your standpoint but how about you let me come over and use my air ratchet to spin all your bolts in the box and tailgate, let's see how cool you are J/K I may not be in the military (thank god) but I was raised by a ROK Blue Tiger Marines and they have a high level of standards.
I usually don't sleep more then 4-6 hours a day anyways.
I just got a text message at 7:07AM from my dealer about my edited "Wishlist"
CSR = " List received, I will call you today to satisfy your request/wishes. Sean." This makes me happier and now the wait on my $1551 worth of accessories for the damage to my bed box threads. I am now going to repair and install my own stainless hardware once my new bed liner gets here.
The Bed alignment issue will be taken care of right after we settle on the damaged incurred during my bed liner install.
Everything has worked out in the end.

Idoubt they can set the bed box straight since it has to be lowered and there is nothing between the chassis and bed box to shim or adjust it lower, only higher it can go which means the box was welded improperly. The welding robots could have been out of spec or had one low pressure hose causing slight misalignment when the spot welders did their work. It happens but yes, can be fixed. (you are right there) The Regional CSR also agreed with me and if this is the case, my dealer will submit a inquiry through the Ford Engineers hot line. They said I will get a brand new box if mines does not align properly. So I am sleeping 10 minutes a night longer or now getting less sleep cause I am much more excited about my parts coming and everything is in order.

This is what I do for a hobby/part time job so you might understand where my high standards and why my eye cannot miss or let things like that go.
My clients would be pissed if I gave them a car with 1/8" off body lines.
I don't expect the trucks to look as good on the paint but their lines should be straight if 40 year old cars can do it then a brand new one "BETTER" no excuses.

Originally Posted by abslayer
So lets give Ford a pass on this hell only a $60,000 Dollar truck so what if lines on side of truck hell only out only a ½ inch , box looking from back end so bad a blind man could see, are you kidding me.

Is there any wonder why quality control gets worse and worse.
Ok thanks this is very upsetting to say the leased.

To have dealer look you in the eye and say I seen lots of this type thing and worse so ford screwed up in manufacturing but there is nothing we are going to do.

Is just not acceptable.
abslayer,

I got a totally different response from my dealership and in no way did they make me feel I would not be taken care of. It was mostly the waiting game that got me but be patient also. I stayed completely professional and calm during my visits and phone conversations. Since your truck is brand new just get in touch with your Regional CSR and take it from there. LMK how it goes through PM and I can also help give you support to handle this bed alignment issue. Just out of curiosity, what was the build/born on date for your car and was it from Kentucky?

So I am driving 120 miles today in the honda with $160 bux worth of dungenous crab for our super bowl party and I can finally see my baby in the garage and take her out for a drive and wash =) also to burn off that full tank of gas.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:01 PM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
My baby got her first bath today.

Dried off and clean

Pass side

Grill cleaned!

Back into the garage

Our first sunset together!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:16 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Prior to picking up my truck, it was washed and the dealer and I walked around it. My truck had been on the lot for some time and had a small scratch that needed fixing. There was also a dirt mark on the headliner that required cleaning. All of this was fixed and re-inspected prior to me taking ownership of my truck.

On the trucks in this thread, did this problem exist prior to purchasing or is this something that happened after it was driven for some time. I'm struggling to understand why anyone would take delivery of a truck without walking around it and checking the paint and panel fit.

I'm not trying to start anything, just want to understand when or how this happened.

bruce...

Old 02-04-2013, 09:49 AM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
Prior to picking up my truck, it was washed and the dealer and I walked around it. My truck had been on the lot for some time and had a small scratch that needed fixing. There was also a dirt mark on the headliner that required cleaning. All of this was fixed and re-inspected prior to me taking ownership of my truck.

On the trucks in this thread, did this problem exist prior to purchasing or is this something that happened after it was driven for some time. I'm struggling to understand why anyone would take delivery of a truck without walking around it and checking the paint and panel fit.

I'm not trying to start anything, just want to understand when or how this happened.

bruce...
The car was washed after papers were signed. It was 7pm in the evening and think about how excited I was about my first new car purchase, being it was a SDF250. Everything was discovered 600 miles into ownership of the car. Yea man, I better look closer, you would figure not having to look for imperfections like this. on the body lines. The threads being stripped was the larger problem , read through the thread if you have some time and thanks for visiting my journal bruce. I know I felt a little stupid/upset at myself but thank god the dealership is 5 stars on the customer service.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:58 PM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Good News, I am thoroughly satisfied about how my CSM handled my baby.
I was up at 7am and departed to the dealer after a final wipe down.

They took photos of the bad trim and serial numbers of the part.

Removed the bad liner

They let me clean the filthy hand prints left by the bad installer.

Back home with my new bed liner, this one is different, larger holes for rear loops and didn't check out the front yet. We left them off so I can re-thread the stripped holes and use some nicer bolts. PLUS NO NAIL
OR NASTY PASSENGER TRIM JOB! YES!

Took my trailer kit from the RR HSE and locked up my hitch to thwart those wood-be thieves.

After the liner was installed I sat down with my service manager Sean. Always a great guy offered me some coffee and food then he said the wishlist I submitted was a "go". $1550 worth of accessories should suffice for the stripped threads to my brand new bed box. He asked me how the 2 new installers did while I helped and I could not be happier. Got it right on the first shot and used hand tools only. Before they touched my truck Sean told the 2 new tech hires.
1) Be CAREful
2) Be CAREful
3)Be VERY careful
We all had a laugh after and I told them not to worry.

Here is the wishlist of accessories on the way for my baby

> Part Number: BC3Z9927886A
> Part Description: PANEL - WHEELHOUSE - OUTER - Wheel Well Liners
> Quantity: 1
>
> Part Number: V9C3Z99501A42DA
> Part Description: COVER - TONNEAU - Soft Roll - Truxedo
>
> Part Number: BC3Z16A550BB
> Part Description: KIT - MUDFLAP - Rear Molded
>
> Part Number: BC3Z16A550FA
> Part Description: KIT - MUDFLAP - Front Molded
>
> Part Number: 5L8Z7804810BAA
> Part Description: RECEPTACLE AND HOUSING ASY - Coin/Ash Cup Lighter
>
> Part Number: VCC3Z2863812A
> Part Description: KIT - REAR SEAT COVER - Carhartt - Gravel Golor
>
> Part Number: VCC3Z25600D20A
> Part Description: KIT - FRONT SEAT COVER - Carhartt - Gravel Color
>
> Part Number: F81Z18246BA
> Part Description: SIDE WINDOW DEFLECTOR KIT - SMOKED
>
> Part Number: CC3Z16C900A
> Part Description: FRONT HOOD DEFLECTOR - SMOKED
>
> Part Number: 7L3Z19A361AA
> Part Description: Electronic Module - Vehicle Security System
>
> Part Number: BC3Z19G364A
> Part Description: KIT - REMOTE STARTER - 100-Series Plug-n-Play

I can sleep tight and now enjoy my truck. I think this was a fair settlement. Thank you to the supporters of my quest.

Yup this is 5 dealer protection mats inside, 2 on pass side 3 on mines! Proof how many times I visited the dealer in the last 30 days of ownership but all is good now.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Nice looking truck!!!

Old 02-05-2013, 01:35 AM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
Nice looking truck!!!
Thank You Bruce,
I am pretty happy with the power she has and good looks .
I can now plan on other mods to the truck.
Vinyl, Camper Shell, Bed Rug, Bi-Xenon Retrofit for starters

Old 02-05-2013, 08:26 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 908 Likes on 328 Posts
If this is the drop-in bed liner, I would think twice, and go with a spray-in. Here's why: With the drop-in liners, there is a small amount of movement between the liner and the box. Over time, it will wear away the paint in places. Then with the moisture that gets in between from rain, etc, you have a perfect setup for rust, because that moisture never dries out. Even just a bed rug will allow some amount of moisture between it and the box.

Only a suggestion. BTW, glad you got what you wanted.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:45 AM
abslayer
Junior User
So got your bed liner fixed Great
How about the box it's self did they fix panel line up problem also??

Old 02-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
I agree with DJ ^^^^^^^^

Old 02-05-2013, 11:00 AM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
Originally Posted by djousma
If this is the drop-in bed liner, I would think twice, and go with a spray-in. Here's why: With the drop-in liners, there is a small amount of movement between the liner and the box. Over time, it will wear away the paint in places. Then with the moisture that gets in between from rain, etc, you have a perfect setup for rust, because that moisture never dries out. Even just a bed rug will allow some amount of moisture between it and the box.
Only a suggestion. BTW, glad you got what you wanted.
Oh, I know and asked about it during my visit yesterday. They said it's covered under warranty for me anytime in 3 years but I like having bed options and being able to see the nice paint I can just remove the liner. I am actually in the process of buying another box assembly to build a tow trailer that I can stick the bed liner into. Bed Rug will only be used on camping trips with a camper shell, The way it looks I may not have this bed assembly long either so I may not even have to fix the threads in the box assembly myself, the parts were for the stripped threads, bed liner was a separate problem.

After I get my "Wishlist" order at the dealership in about a week, I will make an appointment regarding the mis-alignment between the bed box and cab on drivers side.

So got your bed liner fixed Great
How about the box it's self did they fix panel line up problem also??
The mis-alignment between the cab and bed box on drivers side is still pending abslayer, how is it going on your end?. I am going to make an appointment when I go in to pick up my accessories and start the process, let them attempt to align it through the body shop and when they fail the dealer can take the next step by notifying the ford engineers, I already showed them the other trucks do have this problem and they never went near the "We wont fix it live with it" with me. All 3 managers are very helpful and all 3 of them already agreed we will handle this after I get my parts from my "wishlist" I am going to butter each one of the 3 managers up with $200 visa gift cards and thank you cards next time I go in there to thank them for the wishlist and butter them up for the bed alignment process. PATIENCE! It's all in the works abslayer, I had a couple weeks to figure out how to handle this without getting the cold shoulder as you did with your dealer. I mentioned twice my last 2 visits how I am worried when I add a camper shell the drivers side will sit higher and they all agree this may be the case and is a factory warranty issue no questions. so I am in the clear.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:32 PM
abslayer
Junior User
Originally Posted by 2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
On another note for abslayer, I just got off the phone with Ford corporate regarding the issues with bed box to cab alignment and 100% of my concerns were noted. I also mentioned you and all the trucks I noticed in the dealer lot with the same problem on varying degrees, super-cab/long bed and yours was horrible! They said it will be forwarded to the engineers and keep up with the logging and when ford does have a problem in the future they may send out reimbursements or recalls on the issue. You need to call and if they get enough complaints on the issue they will handle it. They thanked me for reporting this issue and making a note of it under my account. I am sure they want to elevate their level of quality on the vehicles also.
But the big ?? is are the going to fix it or just play lip service and hope you go away.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:47 PM
2012F250SUPERDUTY4X4
Senior User
But the big ?? is are the going to fix it or just play lip service and hope you go away.
That's what I was thinking in the back of my head.
We'll find out soon, I already got the verbal ok from my dealer CSR to have it done under warranty so they have one chance at the body shop to make it straight, I doubt they will. Then we can go from there. I'm waiting on all my accessories to get here first . One problem at a time. I was going to do it together with the stripped threads issue but then they might have just told me I won't get a wishlist for the stripped threads since the bed box might/would be replaced with a new one. I waited to handle that issue first and get my complimentary accessories, then go for the bed box alignment issue after. I need a few weeks to enjoy my baby, receive my "wishlist" parts, then give her a good detail and take her in around the end of this month.

Quick Reply: My New 2012 F250 XLT 4X4 "Scorpion" 6.7 *Official Journal*