Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Nevada "2013" HAPPY NEW YEAR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Wonder how long it will take to legally get him out of the house? Since he is in jail, I would think it would be relatively quick. I would just move his stuff to the curb, and clean the place up for the new tenant. But that is just me.

Jim

Old 01-02-2013, 09:12 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Wonder how long it will take to legally get him out of the house? Since he is in jail, I would think it would be relatively quick. I would just move his stuff to the curb, and clean the place up for the new tenant. But that is just me.

Jim
I wish I could, however I try to do things the legal way. Which I probably screwed myself already, because it was a verbal contract agreement & nothing was signed.
The sad part is that I called the land owner to advise him of what had happened to Dale (the guy that was buying my home) & he said that Dale paid the "land rent" up through April in full! Hmm...then why haven't I haven't seen a single penny for December! Dale tried to call my cell on the 21st, but I was working the Polar Express & couldn't take the call & my voicemail is screwed up, so I didn't get his Voicemail.Why didn't he bother to mail the payment or call my home phone - he has both! I called his cell phone today (hoping that maybe he got OR'ed). His girlfriend called me back & I asked for Dale. She said he wasn't there, so I told her to have him call me because he had violated the house agreement & she proceeded to read me the riot act. I cut her off & explained that she has nothing to do with it & that it's between Dale & I, then I hung up! She called 4 different times threatening me with legal action & bringing up my past to screw me. My past is in the past & they can drug test me all they want. I guarantee if his girlfriend & I both did drug tests...she'd be the one dirty! Now I know why she's so upset... If he paid 4 months in advance on the land rent, that's fine! My house is on rented land & has nothing to do with the purchase of my home. He can pitch a tent on the land, but he needs to remove his belongings out of my house, so I can sell it & then whomever buys it, can move it off the land so he doesn't have to worry about it being on his "rented land!" The house title is still in my name, so they can't do much legally & I've already contacted an attorney! So, wish me luck please. I have a feeling I'm going to need it!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:38 PM
william_04_x
Lead Driver

Received 146 Likes on 88 Posts
With no written contract between you and Dale, and you having paperwork proving ownership, they can pretty much pound sand.

Did you ever receive payment in the form of a check with any details written on it?

Old 01-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I'd say William is right.

Just drag that trailer out to your new place and sell it from there.

Leave his "belongings" tarped up on his rented land.

Donna you need to edit your signature and get Miss Kitty in there under Monty!

Hello and happy new year to all out Nevadarians and all our visitors too.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:40 AM
oldmongo
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Donna,

I'm not sure, but you may have to remove and inventory the belongings and have them put in storage by a moving and storage co., and provide him with an inventory. I know that would be a P.I.T.A. so check with your lawyer for sure !!! I think doing a "repo" on a verbal agreement could be tricky for sure ... remember "C. Y. A." Good luck with that for sure !!!
Dave !!!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Good morning truckers, have a good day .....

Old 01-03-2013, 09:05 AM
oldmongo
Elder User
Lightbulb Light at the end of the tunnel

["Oldmongo, If you get around to the Vegas area I would be glad to fix up your laptop for you.
I would come to you but have no transportation except on the weekends.
Be sure you are watching the Vegas area craigs list also. I have seen several rangers and dakotas for under $1500 in my search for a vehicle.

Greg I would be a very happy camper if I could go back to XP or 7 ... ANYTHING BUT WINDOWS 8 !!! My friend in Ca. who did the changeover for me has it on his comp. and he likes it and did warn me that it would take somewhat of a "learning curve" !!! I guess when you're my age curves turn into really steep grades !!! I would go back to CA and have him undo this mess, but with my truck it's a $ 100.00 and 490 mi. trip and on my SS income won't allow only 1 of those a month !!! I can do a trip to Vegas with proper planning now that gas here in Pahrump is down to $2.77 most places. If you are willing to fix it, I will plan a trip to town .... you pick the time and date !!!! Dave

Old 01-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hi Giggerman, hi everyone.

Early start for me. Going to the VA to have blood drawn.

Have a great day.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Howdy Bruce Dave Donna & all.........I just bought a new laptop with W8 on it, I hope i like it

Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 AM
oldmongo
Elder User
Gigger, Let me know how you like yours ...It might be much better, factory installed !!!

Old 01-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

$2.77 for gas? I am moving to Nevada! We are still at $3.35 here.

Donna, that is interesting that Dale's gf would go off on you, when she knows he has not paid you the rent. Does she expect to stay in your house for free? I would dump all his stuff out, and move your house, or sell it and let the new owners move it. I know moving a mobile home can be quite expensive. Verbal contracts are impossible to enforce as you know by now as it is your word vs his. Still, since you have the title in your name, I would say you have the upper hand in this matter.

Jim

Old 01-03-2013, 11:45 AM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Oldmongo: I work from home and take online classes so my time is mine to control.
I don't currently have anything going on. Depending on how soon you would like to do this will determine when. I have plans for Sunday with the family but other than that I am available almost any time. PM me and we can decide on what will work for both of us.

Donna: I am sure there are laws in place that prevent you from just tossing his stuff and taking the house. Most areas have at least a 30 day eviction process and then you still have to keep their stuff for another 30-60 days. So just be sure to follow the attorney's instructions and check into the laws regarding it. good luck and CYA!

I hope everyone has a fun Thursday.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Too bad you don't live in Kalifornia. You can serve a 3 day pay rent or quit notice. Most landlord opt to serve a 30 day notice though.

Jim

Old 01-03-2013, 03:43 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Hey there guys,

Happy what ever day this is...Thursday? (i think)
I hope your day is better than mine.

Boy, my head is scrambled. Can ya tell? LOL! I'll be soooo frig'n glad when this house BS is done with!

Dale only paid in cash & was late every month from Sept. - Dec.! He was to have it paid off in full by the December 2012 payment. After not recieving a payment in the month of Dec.,you'd think that the contract agreement was null & void?! Oh well... Donna get's rheemed w/o lube again & now I have nothing left for people to take advantage of me for. So, I guess that's a good thing! Let's just hope that Jimmy doesn't decided to divorce me, because I have nothing left & we'd have nowhere to go. I can see it now...this year is gonna end with a BANG!
Here's how today played out....

Jimmy recieved a voicemail on his cell phone lastnight from my ex friend/maid of honor stating that she has the money for the house & will bring it to Jimmys work at 10 am today & she wants a reciept. I called her & told her to bring it to me direct since Jimmy could not legally sign a final receipt for the house. She called Jimmy & told him what I said & proceeded to meet up with him anyway. Whatever... I told Jimmy how to make out the reciept & he said that she'd be bringing a reciept book since he didn't have one.
Cool! Fine, but the reciept is not legal & binding when Jimmy signs it if it states anything in reference to my house! I made sure in 2003 that it was "My sole & seperate property" when I bought the house, so that if I got married /divorced, etc. it couldn't be taken from me & I had some kind of security to fall back on if needed. Well, Jimmy signed the reciept that "she" had already made up prior to paying Jimmy & now he opened up a can of worms! Apparently it states on there that it is for 19 Gypsum in MoundHouse. JUST GREAT!!!! I told him NOT to sign anything in regards to the house. If she wanted a receipt, to fill it out saying that "he received from ..... , the amount of $....! That's all that was needed on the receipt since she's not apart of our contract & that I'd make a "legal receipt" made out properly with my signature & mail it to him certified signed mail.
Now, Mister know it all & let's get it over with just completed a false sale & made it worse. GRR!!!! If people would just quit sticking their nose in places they don't belong & putting others in the middle, things wouldv'e been fine.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:49 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by Bdox
I'd say William is right.

Just drag that trailer out to your new place and sell it from there.

Leave his "belongings" tarped up on his rented land.

Donna you need to edit your signature and get Miss Kitty in there under Monty!

Hello and happy new year to all out Nevadarians and all our visitors too.

I thought about that, but she's not a "Mustang" LOL! Although I guess that doesn't matter really, huh? I have the 4Runner & Ninja on there...maybe I'll add her too! Thanks for the idea

BTW...we finally had to seperate Monty & Kitty. He was becoming more violent toward her. She's much happier now that she's not getting kicked anymore.

Quick Reply: Nevada "2013" HAPPY NEW YEAR Thread