General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

join the air force?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 12:25 PM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
join the air force?

gburkett

Awe leave the kid alone ...

You know he is an Air Force weather guy on an Army base and has not cut his hair or shined his boots in months

Now all you AF weather guys can come get a piece of the First Shirt!

Tally Ho!

Old 05-29-2003, 07:36 PM
gburkett
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
join the air force?

Amen to that!!!

Old 05-29-2003, 09:40 PM
WillieTD
Senior User
join the air force?

My advice: Don't join the military unless you are willing to put your life on the line. Otherwise, you end up one of those whining concientious objector pussies. "I didn't know I was actually going to have to KILL people!?!?" Yeah, even though you shot at targets of the human form and screamed "KILL KILL KILL!" in basic.

Old 05-29-2003, 10:43 PM
Jimmy Dean
Postmaster
join the air force?

Actually, I wok at Little Rock AFB here in Arkansas, I do work behind a desk for the ttime being, I run all maintnance operations at Little Rock. And I NEVER shine my boots, I have Corfram boots now, ost me 95 bucks, granted I cannot use them when ever I go back to the flightline this fall.

As for MREs I love em personally, I have a friend in the army, when ever he ends up with extras I take his.

As for cutting my hair, In MOC we deal with full birds every day all day, my hair stays trimmed gets cut every other week, I shave everyday, and my uniforms are always drycleaned, we are expected to look tip top even after a 12. Now on the flightline it is a diff story. I had to keep my boots shined and uniform servicable, but if I was a little dirty, okay, covered in grease, it was okay.

Old 05-30-2003, 09:13 AM
Fredvon4
Logistics Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
join the air force?

Before this gets way out of hand and I frequently am the SOB that caused it..

Please brothers, let my childish jab pass, and BaseModel accept my apologies... thanks for your service, I am proud of all of you veterans and current military members.

God Bless America and her soldiers

Old 05-30-2003, 10:54 AM
racinghoss
Senior User
join the air force?

The different services poking fun at each other is part of the military experience. I heard plenty of "dumb Marine" jokes, just like the Air Force, Navy and Army have heard plenty of jokes too.

The military branches would not be the same without it, we all (servicemembers) take alot of pride in what we do and part of that goes to trying to "one up" the other services, whether it is by action or words. Although the other services have a hard time looking better in uniform than the Marines!!!

Old 05-30-2003, 09:46 PM
Jimmy Dean
Postmaster
join the air force?

Oh, I could give you some huge jokes about the other services, but they are not clean enough for this forum.

Old 06-01-2003, 04:33 AM
Hudge1
New User
join the air force?

Fredvon,

I am AF weather, and I'll got get some of the "Top" doesn't bother me one bit. I too was at Ft. Hood for 3 years, and loved it. I like the Army support better than I do being with the regular Air Force.

Jetta,

The recruiter that said if you are enlisted you will not see combat is a damn liar. We have PJ's, TACP's, and eve weather guys that see combat. I just saw a guy I was stationed with at Ft. Hood, 2 weeks ago as they were coming out of Baghdad. They were with infantry the whole time. Also some of our Paraweather people are attached to Ranger Units, etc. I guess I'm more gung-ho than most AF guys, and I've been known to call some a few select words (whimps, weenies, P@##&). What ever branch you join, don't listen to a recruiter, to them you are a number and nothing else. Do your own research and decide for yourself. By the way I am currently deployed myself, and ready to go home after being here 6 months.

Hudge1

Last edited by Hudge1; 06-01-2003 at 04:40 AM.
Old 06-01-2003, 10:45 PM
gburkett
Senior User
join the air force?

Basemodel, nor wonder you said that about exercises. you need to get out of that training base and out of the A/C. (just kidding bro). Always wanted to see that place. have a friend that was stationed there a few years back on the 130's. sounds like you have better conditions than mountain bone me. if you ever want to see how real exercises are conducted then come on over, can show how well things get snafued when officers get involved.
Hoss, your right about the interservice joking but I think we all know that we can't do it without each other. Each service has it's speciality. As for me, I'm prior army but got kicked out when they found out I could read and write. Course now i'm a zoomie and don't deploy without a cuppachino machine! On the serious side though, I want to thank all you hero's who paved the way for the rest of us with your blood, sweat and nightmares. Your the ones who we fly the flag for.