Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to the November Chat Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 05:22 PM
DeepRoots
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was at Moultrie Swap meet today. Not a ton of trucks, but some nice Dentsides and a few stellar bumpsides, including a vendor's personal ride which is a 68 F350 Dually Crewcab that was awesome.

It's on Sat and Sunday as well, shimmy on down there if ya get the chance.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:06 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,897 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by koolchange
Good Afternoon All,
Well we finally have the T Shirt Shop open and running in downtown Dahlonega. Sorry for not checking in to say hi but it has been one thing after another. Hope all is well, and if you find yourself in Dahlonega please stop in to say Hi. We are upstairs above Carruso's Pizza right on the square.

Hey Chief: Congrats on the house sale.

KC
Kyle (and Debbie) are nice folks!!! The T-Shirt Shop is very nice and they have the ability to do some cooool stuff! Glad I got to stop by and say Hi.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Be safe!!

Old 11-18-2012, 10:13 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Top of the Morning all.

Chief: Those Shop Vacs are amazing things. I like you have had mine for over 20 years sucked out the basement 6" deep in water twice {2 water heaters}, cleaned out the wood stove weekly, vacuumed cars full of crumbs produced by 4 Curtain Climbers, and many other horrible tortures for a machine. It just keeps on clicking, if only the other machines in our lives had that durability!

Jason: It was great to put the face with the name, Mrs C fell in love with Jacob. My hat is off to you brother that is one of the most well mannered young men I have ever seen, and I am making a special run to the warehouse Monday to get that Camo Shirt he wants.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
Afternoon all, another busy day at the shop with everybody getting ready for Thanksgiving. We will have a short week (closing Wed. and taking off til Mon.). Hope everyone has a Great holiday.

Old 11-19-2012, 04:32 PM
koolchange
Senior User
Good Afternoon Yall:

Southern Bronco I envy you we will close Thursday, but it is all hands on deck. Even Thursday I will be working to get the Truck Ready for the Dahlonega Christmas Parade. I bought 30 pounds of Candy, and I cannot wait to see the happy Children scrambling for it December 1 at 16:30 if you guys can make it. A good time will be had by all.

Hope all is well elsewhere.

Cheers
KC

Old 11-20-2012, 09:05 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Chilly Start, but it is a beauty of a day in the Mountains. Went to BJ's yesterday picked up 3 Turkey Breast for deep frying. Deb will take them to Augusta with our Sons & Daughters celebrating all of our Blessings. Me and the boys will celebrate our typical T Day with a Movie a Pizza and the best football game we can find on TV.

Have a Fantastic day Yall!

KC

Old 11-20-2012, 06:17 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Hi Guys,
Got a little side tracked today, Was planning on working on the truck today. I had to run to Albany an hour away to get a replacement drivers licence since I can't find mine ( What a mess the DDS place is). I also had to make a run to the dump, So I was getting a later start than I really wanted too.

I figured I would see why I had tire that kept going down on the wife's SUV first, Pulled the tire to plug a leak from a nail and found the rear was in dire need of some brake service, so you know what I did this afternoon. I stayed busy while the girls were out shopping. I think I am finally getting the honey do list down to a manageable level. Went and got a new mattress set yesterday, one of those pillow top ones, that thing is the best ever. We should not have waited so long to get a new set.....

The Christmas parade sounds like alot of fun.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:36 AM
Southern Bronco
Elder User
Sounds like you're having fun Chief, I know how it gets. We have to make time to work on our toys. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:21 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
No time for the truck today, tomorrow is going to be a wash too. Friday I am going to try and do a little work to the motorhome. The skylight leaked while I was gone and did some damage to the bathroom, looks like a good time to do some repairs and upgrading !!!! Trying to work on it in case I get the job in Atlanta and have to live in it for a while.

Old 11-22-2012, 08:27 AM
gatormccluskey
Posting Guru
Happy Thanksgiving from South Mississippi

Old 11-23-2012, 09:23 AM
koolchange
Senior User
Happy Black Friday Yall! I hope everyone had their fill of Turkey, Dressing, and all of the other bounties that our wonderful life allows. Most of all I hope we all took a moment to recognize things that we are thankful for. I know I am thankful for my Family, my Freedom, and those that stand watch day & night to insure our way of life.

Cheers to all.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:46 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Still feeling like I ate too much (again) yesterday... Good times, lots of family and plenty of GOOD FOOD. I hope y'all got to do the same!!

Headed down to finish making a hole in the garage for the dually to fit in so the engine swap to the Excursion can begin! Looks like Joey might swing by tomorow and I'm gonna poke Phil and Dwayne - this could be an impromptu GTG!

Here's the new parts for the the engine. T4 mount kit and S366 turbo:

Old 11-23-2012, 06:05 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Jason, looks like you have some fun in store. I also hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I was so stuffed, all I could muster was a doughnut for breakfast, and coffee of course. Had an emergency repair to do to the house so that took most of the day. Dang, Monday is coming too fast.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:29 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Ok, the dually will now fit in the garage. I had to run the chainsaw to make a new parking place for the Toy Hauler - then ended up parking it someplace else anyway... THEN, I couldn't unhook from the camper because I left the jump box turned on the other day when I moved the camper to wash it and p-wash the engine in the dually again. (electric tongue jack and I pulled batts when I winterized it)

Old 11-25-2012, 05:00 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I started working on my 86 Winnebago, seems to need a little more work than I remembered. I may need to live in it for a little while if I get the job in Atlanta.

Quick Reply: Welcome to the November Chat Thread!!!