Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels  

Next Major Project... Lowering my 77

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 03:42 AM
Racerdave
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I know it sounds so bad..... Lowering my truck.... Everyone I talked to says you get these results : Ither you love it and everything works the way it is suposed to... Or it mess's up your steering and it is stiff and rides very hard...

I was told "why lower somthing that weigh's so much" but when I thought about it... My truck is one of the lightest ones out there, it has a 302 and its a f-100 shortbox with a manual tranny.... Weight reduction is posible, I have done it to another 77 F-100 but that also required alot of money and time.... And knowing where to find people who fabricate fiberglass body parts....

So I started geting more opinions and looking at kits and different companys and qualitys..... I came to find that there arent many lowerd 77 F-100's, and I wanted to be Original. So I went to my local shop and found somone who has done it called him up, and talked to him and looked at his truck. He even let me drive it !!! All he did to it was put new springs and shocks on it, also is ritch and put the best of the best and some... He had sway bars front and back. It wasnt slam'd it was actualy at a rake angle. And that is what I wanted, he said it makes for better handling and not so bumpy ride.... He even told me he would help me instal everything if I needed any help.... Ford owners are so kind.... Anyways, I have priced and it seems that kits start from 200$ all the way to 6 or 700$, and my buget is 3-400$. If anyone could give me more information that would be awesome. I also would like to know more about airbags.

Thanks ~

Old 05-30-2003, 11:14 PM
chinooks 12
New User

I got a bagged 79 shorty. go to www.fordtruckwold.com/baggedoval for pics. I haven't figured out how to start a gallery on this site yet.

Old 05-31-2003, 07:06 PM
Racerdave
Elder User

The link does not work?.... Also I didnt need pictures... I can do photo shop on my truck and make it look lower'd... I wanted information on how hard it would be to lower it and what is the best way to do it? Air Bags or Springs...Also what type of shocks... Read my first post better and then you will know...