by https://www.flickr.com/photos/59995105@N06/,

and new
by https://www.flickr.com/photos/59995105@N06/,

#movingsux

Old 05-02-2019, 11:38 AM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
Ehhh 'esse, that is one cherry charp low rider jefe. U been working muy duro.
Love that color underneath. Did you do the inside of the doors also? I put "Quiet Ride" insulation inside my doors, and it made a huge difference. Way less tinny sound. Just a dull heavy thunk when they are closed, not that hollow metallic drum sound of a Caribbean band.

Good progress, geat photos, and yours is going to be one nice ride when you are done..

Baja

Old 05-02-2019, 11:50 AM
1SAWB
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you sir

I bought Lizard skin sound deadening and heat barrier to do inside the truck. first im going to shave the firewall and then apply the lizard skin

Old 05-02-2019, 12:13 PM
Lrrr-RulerOfOmicronP
Laughing Gas
Received 104 Likes on 78 Posts
So you are saying I should move in order to get my truck going!?

Looks good! Truck looks great sitting low.

Old 05-02-2019, 01:01 PM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
I have found that moving is THE great motivator to getting stalled projects off the back burner, before the stove leaves. Nothing like a "Drop Dead" date to get a cold iron, back on the coals, and hot to trot.. It seems to be a long overlooked benefit to moving, along with lightening the load, ie, "It Goes, vs It doesn't Go" piles of stuff.. When we moved last year, my wife sand the "Throw it out" song... as we packed up... Mostly she was right. .

I got down to making decisions using the old rule "If I have not used it in the last 6 months" rule...it went elsewhere. Mind you I started with the last 2 years... but the pile was still too large, so kept narrowing my parameters.

Moving has one other opportunity... garage organization, from the ground floor up. I call it "De Clutter"... I think that it is a good thing to move every 10 years or so, as an opportunity to leave the accumulated clutter behind, and start anew. Not to worry though, Clutter is an ongoing lifetime struggle, so more will accumulate. Give it a chance..

Baja

Old 09-04-2019, 07:30 PM
1SAWB
Senior User
Finally found time to make progress. I did some work on the inner fenderwells filling all the unused holes. Did some work on the core support to mount the radiator. It had a 3 inch section of steel on the driver side blocking some air flow to I cut that out and moved it. Got the truck up on stands and started welding up the bed....this is a pain

I started plotting out the exhaust and how I want run it. I honestly hate the look of exhaust and I'm very pick as far as bends and flow. Years ago I bought a sprint car muffler made by spintech so I decided to use it. For christmas my boys bought me a magnaflow Y pipe and a few bends. Originally i had made dual 2 inch exhaust with short glass packs for the old school loud crackle. This one i want a little more mellow. I cut the original 3 bolt collectors off and went to V-bands. Much nicer to deal with. I then ran two 2 1/4 pipes into the Y pipe then single 3 inch into the muffler. I chopped up two 3 inch mandrel bends 1 pointing down out of the muffler and the next pointing under the frame. Super happy with the way it came out. Now I'm figuring out how I want it to exit under the truck. In the pictures you will see I ran a 45 degree out between the tire and the fenderwell. I hate looking at exhaust so I'm on the fence with this one. I could rotate the 45 to point down and the cut it flush with the bottom of the bed. Then you would never see it... but it will always kick up dust and crap......I'll figure it out. The good this is it can always be changed easily

Enjoy

Old 09-04-2019, 07:32 PM
1SAWB
Senior User
Exhaust tip looks close but it has room. Also the tire is at full drop. It will only get this close if I jump it or full air in the bags, it gains a ton of clearance when the tire moves up

Old 09-04-2019, 07:40 PM
1SAWB
Senior User
As most of us are I'm always scouring facebook marketplace and craigslist for parts and toys. I came across an ad for factory buckets with brackets for $300.00 bucks. I emailed the guy for pictures and he text me some. Then replied he would take $250.00 for them. By the time I got their they where $200.00 b7x plus a 95 mile trip one way. All good for cool rate parts. I wish I knew how many trucks came with this option

Old 09-04-2019, 07:42 PM
1SAWB
Senior User
And in my truck....dog approved.....wife.....not so much, she dreamt about sitting next to me....might need to selll....lol

Old 09-04-2019, 07:43 PM
1SAWB
Senior User
Old 09-04-2019, 10:15 PM
1SAWB
Senior User
Almost forgot

When I first installed the headers I noticed the the starter was completely surrounded by the headers. As I looked closer their was no way I could never remove the stock starter without removing the headers. I noticed that if I cut the header flanges off and went V-bands I'd gain clearance but it didnt fix the heat issue it would have. I decided to just buy a mi I starter from power master. That damn thing is tiny! Gained a ton of room

Old 09-05-2019, 08:57 AM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Looks great, and thanks for posting the tip... Although I have a 300 IL 6, my headers also cramp the starter, so I may be following your lead...

Baja

Old 09-11-2019, 05:08 PM
1SAWB
Senior User
More progress on the Bump. Wife has been in New Mexico for the past week so NO HONEY DO LIST!!

Saturday I got up and finished the exhaust about 95% then moved onto plumbing. I finished the fuel side and all the brakes by Sunday night super happy to be making forward progress

I have to saw that this Hydraulic flare tool its the best thing I've ever used

Old 09-11-2019, 05:09 PM
1SAWB
Senior User
More progress on the Bump. Wife has been in New Mexico for the past week so NO HONEY DO LIST!!

Saturday I got up and finished the exhaust about 95% then moved onto plumbing. I finished the fuel side and all the brakes by Sunday night super happy to be making forward progress.

I have to say that this Hydraulic flare tool is the best thing I've ever used

Old 09-11-2019, 05:34 PM
1SAWB
Senior User
Once I was done with that I moved onto removing the dash pad....what a pain in the butt. Got it off and was amazed how good it looked without the pad. Also was floored how much dirt and crap was between the pad and glass area

Quick Reply: MY 1967 F-100 SHORT BED