1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Hot rodder getting back into the game.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 PM
85e150
Super Moderator
Received 1,597 Likes on 1,302 Posts
Reps for a great opening post and one-of-a-kind truck. Thank you for your service.

Old 09-17-2012, 08:02 PM
smokenchoken
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love the grille and headlights amazing pics thank you sir..... Hoorah!

Old 09-17-2012, 08:44 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry about you injury while serving your country, I hope your recovery keeps progressing. That is a great story and it is really cool that you and your daughter are recovering it! What city in the south are you in? An amazing truck...

Old 09-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Rojak
Posting Guru
I would also like to add my thanks for your service. God Bless America!

Wow is that a cool custom. Love that it's all Blue Oval. Looking forward to many more pics.

It's great you are sharing with your daughter. I hope she pays attention. I didn't pay attention to my Dad and his skills when I was younger and regret it to this day.

Good luck on your one of a kind project!

Old 10-09-2012, 10:43 PM
wld427
Cross-Country
The longer warm seasons here in the south are working in my favor. the bad news for my wife is i have the bug again....

She is finally off the trailer. 10 years in the barn was not kind to her.

We did all new brake lines front to back, basically stripped each wheel to the axle and all new, drums, shoes, lines, and wheel cylinders in the back. The fron end got 95 F-150 rotors and 73 torino calipers. Special thanks to the folks at speedway who got me the right bearings and seals to make the swap happen. New front wheels and tires from Jegs. The backs should be here any day. got 30x12r15s going in the back wheel wells. Should bring the rear end up for a nice rake. The 427 is rumbling to life thanks to some fresh plugs, wires, cap and rotor, as well as som 114 octane gas from the airport....shhh

For those of you who beleive in Karma, its been going my way lately. After all the bad things i lived through, im finally in the home stretch with my medical issues, my hot rod is finally alive again, and the wife just found out she is 6 weeks pregnant. I have not smiled this much in a very long time. Thank you all for your support and wishes. Ive made some new friends here and ive really enjoyed discussing and sharing things with you folks.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:52 PM
smokenchoken
Posting Guru
congrats on the lil future one..... those wheels look great on her i would love to hear that beast rumble to life some day if you find out how you should do a walk around video and start-up and post it we all would love to hear and see this thing it is definitely unique

Old 12-17-2013, 06:39 PM
wld427
Cross-Country
I hate to resurrect an old topic but i dislike starting new ones even more.....

Well my little one has arrived and slooooowed down any sort of progress on getting work done to the truck. Now that the boy is here the wife has given me a monthly budget to spend on the truck. So now i get to pile up the parts for some time before i can put serious effort in to renewing the ride. i did get some new wheels and tires. Unfortunately Cragar stopped making the black spoke wheel. So now i had to buy grey ones with the new Hoosier Pro Street tires. I was going to get the centers re-powder coated black but i cannot decide which wheel i like better the black or the grey. What do you guys think?

Old 12-17-2013, 06:49 PM
smokenchoken
Posting Guru
so glad your back wld427 missed seeing this truck..... i personally like the grey's on the back just the way they are it looks awesome

Old 12-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Red67co
New User
Thanks for sharing that is one amazing job on the fabrication of the front end. Love the 427 I'm a big FE fan. Having a 428cj in my Mustang. And most of all thank you for your service.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Aus56
Elder User
Hello, tough truck, I like the grey wheels personally, I think the black centres disappear, while the grey ones can be seen better. Good luck with it all. I hope your daughter continues her interest in cars. My son is 39 and he likes modern cars, has no great interest in the things I like. I had hoped he would join the Army reserve armoured regiment I was in for 12 years but he wasn't interested. Kids eh.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:36 PM
smallello
Laughing Gas
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Great story and glad to hear that life is good for you. Congratulations on the little one and thank you for your service.
Good luck with the truck, looks like grandad knew what he was doing.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:48 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I wondered where you went. Its good to see you back on the board. You have a pretty cool ,if you get a truck allowance. If your taking some sort of vote, I like the grey vs. the black, but like everything else everyone has there own preference. Looking forward to see what you do.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:54 AM
smokenchoken
Posting Guru
figured this needed bumped back to the top it is such an awesome truck

Old 04-03-2014, 06:48 AM
Bluey Zedoff
Laughing Gas
Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts
You get a big O in my book! That's not a zero; that's an O for Originality!

Old 08-19-2014, 02:26 PM
wld427
Cross-Country
small update

spent a little time on the old truck working on some driveability issues and throwing a tune up at her. got to spend a little time with my boy getting greasey.... momma was not so happy.

Got the tune up dialed in pretty good. Had to put a new alternator and battery in there too. Unfortunately i put the ole 427 away hurt years ago and a rebuild is not in the cards right now. Either way shes running pretty good. I think the carbs need a thorough rebuild and some new power valves but im happy just to hear it roar again. Just some touch up work on the brakes tomorrow and im going to start driving the crap out of it again!

what do you guys think of this!

caption sould read: " So your dad is going to give you the family prius when you turn 16?..... Sucks to be you!"

Quick Reply: Hot rodder getting back into the game.....