6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2023, 10:26 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,045 Likes on 2,834 Posts
Tom: Congratulations on your plan to ditch corporate life. I was sort of independent prior to 2000. My niche was a bit too narrow and it was hard to find gigs. I do like working for a small company.
Dave: I'm the uber-geek. I really enjoy being technical and have zero desire to become management material. I considered writing a book on the tool I'm an expert in, but SAP has done no marketing on it so it's fading away.
Andre: I've easiest way that I've found to find the right gear, without ever looking, is to always go to the end of the gear selection and then go one up or one down. I always find the right gear, but I understand where you're coming from. I do like the wheelbase of my Ranger. I can't imagine driving a stretch limo like what you have. Having the engine a little further away would be nice though.

The medical hits just keep coming for my wife. She had blood tests done recently and got the results last night (after the Covid test). She has been diagnosed with Graves Disease. Her thyroid results are all over the place and off the charts. It's affecting her vision. She's meeting with the primary care doc this morning. She's been rather emotional. One of the symptoms of the disease is that the eyeballs get pushed out. I can just barely see evidence of that. It's ironic because when the kids were younger they made fun of her buggy eyeballs. Makes us wonder if she's had this for a lot longer than we thought.

The following 4 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Old 12-21-2023, 11:09 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,549 Likes on 2,318 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Tom: Congratulations on your plan to ditch corporate life. I was sort of independent prior to 2000. My niche was a bit too narrow and it was hard to find gigs. I do like working for a small company.
Dave: I'm the uber-geek. I really enjoy being technical and have zero desire to become management material. I considered writing a book on the tool I'm an expert in, but SAP has done no marketing on it so it's fading away.
Andre: I've easiest way that I've found to find the right gear, without ever looking, is to always go to the end of the gear selection and then go one up or one down. I always find the right gear, but I understand where you're coming from. I do like the wheelbase of my Ranger. I can't imagine driving a stretch limo like what you have. Having the engine a little further away would be nice though.

The medical hits just keep coming for my wife. She had blood tests done recently and got the results last night (after the Covid test). She has been diagnosed with Graves Disease. Her thyroid results are all over the place and off the charts. It's affecting her vision. She's meeting with the primary care doc this morning. She's been rather emotional. One of the symptoms of the disease is that the eyeballs get pushed out. I can just barely see evidence of that. It's ironic because when the kids were younger they made fun of her buggy eyeballs. Makes us wonder if she's had this for a lot longer than we thought.
Jim, man that's tough to get tough medical news regarding family. Prayers for your wife and you!

Regarding the shifting...I appreciate the advice. I do just fine in normal shifting. I'm talking about extremally aggressive and millisecond shifts where there is not time to think. You just do kind of thing. Like there is a 2200# machine coming in behind you at 50 mph and you need to make this turn so he doesn't plow into you kind of thing! A gated shifter will help tremendously. Limo life is fun with the dogs, but it sucks when we don't have them. We can afford to buy a second machine, but I don't want to maintain both and I don't have room to store both.

The following 3 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Old 12-21-2023, 11:19 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
I wish I didn't have to stop to shift from low to high. But I sure don't want a third pedal to have to work.

The following 3 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Old 12-21-2023, 11:23 AM
Euroman
Senior User
Received 381 Likes on 126 Posts
We were looking forward to a relaxing run in to Xmas but Eurotunnel workers went on strike today, just as my mother was boarding Eurostar. Now everything is up in the air, Eurostar website is useless to rebook, and then sister-in-law in Germany called off with COVID. Could be a rerun of 10 years ago when we got snowed in and the two of us had to get through food for 6. Fortunately there was alcohol for 6 too…

The following 5 users liked this post by Euroman:
Old 12-21-2023, 11:27 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by HRTKD
I wish I didn't have to stop to shift from low to high. But I sure don't want a third pedal to have to work.
You and me both!

The following 2 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Old 12-21-2023, 11:28 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Euroman
We were looking forward to a relaxing run in to Xmas but Eurotunnel workers went on strike today, just as my mother was boarding Eurostar. Now everything is up in the air, Eurostar website is useless to rebook, and then sister-in-law in Germany called off with COVID. Could be a rerun of 10 years ago when we got snowed in and the two of us had to get through food for 6. Fortunately there was alcohol for 6 too…
The last sentence was key in that story! I hope you all find a way to reunite!

The following 3 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Old 12-21-2023, 12:34 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,893 Likes on 1,182 Posts
Jim, your wife is in my prayers also.

The following 3 users liked this post by helifixer:
Old 12-21-2023, 12:45 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Started the process of building my rv carport, physically! It took about 3 months to get a permit and by then we were in fire season, I have to show progress and have had my first inspection by February.
I got the pad leveled, rented my neighbors mini x, form boards will be in today. 80% chance of severe rain for the next 2 days! It will be 30 x 40 3 sides closed. I can put the rv in it completely open, the pontoon boat and 2 trucks.
also building a mezzanine in one corner for storage.
I almost feel guilty driving this mini. It is tiny!

I cut and filled the pad with the Cat 236 skid steer and was within 1/4 inch of level when i was done and put the laser transit on it.

The following 7 users liked this post by helifixer:
Desert Don, ExxWhy, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, sweepermann, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-21-2023, 01:07 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
About 3 weeks ago my son in law got me some lumber from lowes, returns and overstock, almost enough for the mezzanine, last night he got me 60 feet of 6 x 12 gluelam beams. So far I am at $130.00 in the mezzanine project.

$80.00 for all that!

The following 7 users liked this post by helifixer:
Chad149, Desert Don, ExxWhy, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3, Tim Young and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-21-2023, 02:40 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Bart, what mezzanine project?

The following 2 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Old 12-21-2023, 02:41 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
I believe this is the 100,000th reply! Wow guys!

The following 5 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Old 12-21-2023, 02:49 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Woo hoo! 100K posts. Lucky you hit it at the right time, which is appropriate being you started the thread.

Will there be a maître d' for seating in the mezzanine?

The following 5 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Old 12-21-2023, 03:40 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,758 Likes on 1,686 Posts
I never built a mezzanine; but I did have a double deck loft in my pole barn up in ND!

The following 4 users liked this post by Desert Don:
Old 12-21-2023, 04:41 PM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 1,034 Likes on 359 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
Bart, what mezzanine project?
dammit I was going to get the 100000th! I wanted the grand prize!

The following 6 users liked this post by djousma:
helifixer, HRTKD, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS, Seabiscuit-P3, Tim Young and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-21-2023, 05:32 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,617 Likes on 740 Posts
Bart, I need a couple 22' long micro lams. 1.75 x 7 or 9" would be fine.

Good buy on the lumber. Hope you don't have to pour a concrete floor on your mezzanine. It's tough to get the pump in and up high enough

The following 3 users liked this post by Painted Horse:

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most