6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2023, 08:43 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,787 Likes on 1,695 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
It's cooler here too Don! I loaded the RZR backwards because I've always had a some tail wag. Mark said it was pretty noticeable on the way to WV. I lowered my 5th wheel plate to the lowest it would go. When we went to Minnesota camping over Memorial Day weekend, there was no tail wag at all. There was also no RZR. So we shall see if loading it backwards will help at all. The 450 couldn't care less about how the RZR is loaded...you are correct there.
OK. Got it. I guess I have never had any wag with my Raptor regardless of how things were loaded or not loaded, nor with what I was pulling with. And I have been caught in some pretty nasty side winds and gusts. Had one even blow a side window out of the Raptor once and never had a wobble other than the push of the wind. But then it is pretty pin heavy too, even when loaded. Haven’t weighed it but guessing close to 4000 when carrying full load.

The following 2 users liked this post by Desert Don:
Old 06-12-2023, 08:56 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,699 Likes on 2,351 Posts
I'm light at 3520# pin weight with the RZR loaded forward. Maybe I can add a couple hundred spinning it around. When do you go to Sand Hollow Don?

The following 2 users liked this post by SavageNFS:
Old 06-12-2023, 09:06 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
I'm light at 3520# pin weight with the RZR loaded forward. Maybe I can add a couple hundred spinning it around. When do you go to Sand Hollow Don?
Wed, June 21 we leave. About a 3 hr drive for us. Easy duty!

The following 2 users liked this post by Desert Don:
Old 06-12-2023, 09:06 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
You will love it!

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-12-2023, 11:11 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
You will love it!
I know. I have been there a few times myself already. The rest of the bunch are all newbies up there! What can possibly go wrong!!!??? LOL

Whjat would really be a hoot was if Andre came sneaking in on us without telling anyone!!!!!!!!!!!

The following 3 users liked this post by Desert Don:
Old 06-12-2023, 01:33 PM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Received 2,651 Likes on 850 Posts
* Good afternoon, Gents. Great reading & pics. Haven't had a chance to get caught up totally but I see I missed Bart's anniversary. Happy Belated Birthday Bart & Mrs. Congrats on 33 years!
* Andre, hopefully loading the Razor backwards will help your situation. Can't hurt. Load more beer up front. That'll be the fix!
* D-Don, so you're taking a group of newbies. Piece of cake for you, I'm sure. It would be a hell of a surprise if our OP were to slide in unannounced. That would cause an uproar! I know you guys are going to have a blast out there. That's not really fair, though, All that great riding virtually in your backyard but it's 2000+ miles for us east coast peoples. I mapped it out for the hell of it. Well, really because I didn't have anything better to do at the moment (now.) Day 1: Monroe, LA. 713 miles. Day 2: Amarillo, TX. 654 miles. Day 3: Page, Az. 677 miles. And finally, Day 4 and nearest hotel to Sand Hollow, St. George, Ut. 154 miles. If we were to add a diversion to the North Rim, it would be 271 miles. My range at 80mph pulling the enclosed trailer is about 340 miles. Might would have to back off a little. Oh well, it was a good exercise. That's 15 minutes of effort for prosperity. I'll file it away in case it ever comes to fruition.
* We had some pretty good rain this weekend. We really needed it too. Chance of rain this afternoon and most afternoons the rest of the week. We'll take it. Gives the sprinkler system a rest. So glad I've got an artesian well. Trying to keep almost an acre of St Augustine grass alive down here would be high $$ on city water. Now that we've got the whole house generator power outages aren't a problem anymore.
* Well, the taskmaster had reappeared and evidently, I'm not current on my task schedule. Therefore, I shall pry my happy a** up from here and go do what I've been assigned. Hope you 'uns have a great rest of the day. Later!
* Forgot this one. We get a call from our daughter about 5-ish yesterday. She wants to borrow a sprinkler. They are laying sod in their yard & she says they're running out of daylight. They have a sprinkler system but wanted to supplement with a manual sprinkler. Anyway, we were outside and just loaded up and went over. We got there and lo and behold, there's still about a pallet and another 1/3 of one on the trailer. So, we start helping lay sod. Good thing we did because we laid the last half pallet in the rain. Anyway, we did get a "free" dinner out of it. Kind of reminded me of the time we went over there to have dinner that my S-I-L was cooking on the Blackstone. Fancy hibachi style. The only issue was the Blackstone was still in the box. LOL.... Good thing they only live a couple miles from us.

Last edited by BowtieConvert; 06-12-2023 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Added content.
The following 4 users liked this post by BowtieConvert:
Old 06-12-2023, 02:28 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 4,001 Likes on 1,208 Posts
Today is my last shift in Billings for this rotation, I am at 12 days and have to take a mandatory 48hrs minimum off. Good thing I guess since the helicopter hasn't moved since 05/31.
9 hours a day sitting at the airport deserves a break.
my replacement texted me this morning that his flight is delayed and hasn't updated since, either way I turn into a pumpkin at 1800 hrs.
I am scheduled to fly to Paso Robles at 0700 tomorrow, I don't have mandatory days off in the hangar, so I will work there for 10 days then go home for 12 before coming back to Billings or wherever the helicopter might be.
my wife has a 4 day weekend next week so she will drive to Paso for the weekend.
maybe we can take some time and drive to the coast.

The following 3 users liked this post by helifixer:
Old 06-12-2023, 05:38 PM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,963 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Afternoon crew, 92° today. I got up early to work with another member of our little water system we are on. We are installing water meters and it 's going to be a slow process. We have nineteen to install, we installed one of the easiest ones last week and started on one of the toughest ones Friday we worked on for about four hours today and have all the pipes exposed. The main water line at that location is in the bottom of a ravine, it appears to be about four foot of silt has piled up since the valves were installed approximately 43 years ago. When we are done we will have one connection there but no valves.

The following 4 users liked this post by Tim Young:
Old 06-12-2023, 05:39 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,635 Likes on 743 Posts
Too hot in Sand Hollow this time of year for me. You desert rats can have it. We enjoy that part of the State in January and February.

Speaking of heat, We have had a GREAT spring. Every afternoon, we have been getting a little Monsoon action. Thunderstorm rolls across the area. Maybe rains, But regardless, drops the temps and cools every thing off. Here we are almost mid June and I don't think we've been over 87° Today only hit 76°. Great sleeping weather and slows down how fast the snow is melting on the mountain.

I had to go pick up Mare Saturday, She had been up visiting her boyfriend in Heber City Utah. Picked her up and while I was in the area, we headed up to strawberry and rode. Trails are still pretty wet, Lots of water still running down the mountain.

My mare Luna, a Creme Champaigne

And her boyfriend a Blue Roan.

Mountains are pretty green

Still some snow in the shadows and up high

And I'm tickled to see Diesel 50¢ a gallon cheaper than regular. Paying $3.65 a gallon here for diesel vs $4.15 for regular gas, Thats not as good of a discount as when I first bought a diesel and fuel was 80¢ and gas was $1.00 a gallon. But couple that and the extra mpg, should quiet the gang claiming diesels are more expensive to operate.

The following 8 users liked this post by Painted Horse:
BowtieConvert, Desert Don, ExxWhy, Jigger2020, my_crib_too, Roscoe968, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-12-2023, 05:41 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,155 Likes on 2,859 Posts
I spent a summer installing water meters at a small town in Wyoming. While I did have to use a shovel, most of the time we got to use the backhoe. I avoid drinking the water in that town when I pass through.

The following 3 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Old 06-12-2023, 05:44 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Originally Posted by Painted Horse
But couple that and the extra mpg, should quiet the gang claiming diesels are more expensive to operate.
Good luck with that. I'm not naming names, but there are some rabid gas fans on the forum that poke the gas/diesel issue every chance they get.

Your weather is about what our is. Very nice.

The following 4 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Old 06-12-2023, 07:50 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Good luck with that. I'm not naming names, but there are some rabid gas fans on the forum that poke the gas/diesel issue every chance they get.

Your weather is about what our is. Very nice.
They just have SPINE envy……..re-arrange the letters in “spine” as you see fit! LOL

The following 4 users liked this post by Desert Don:
Old 06-12-2023, 11:16 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
You're bad Don! LOL.

The following 3 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Old 06-13-2023, 12:30 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Hotshot
Received 4,373 Likes on 1,335 Posts
Evening all. Spent part of the day working on cleaning one corner of the ranch. Worked in the old bunk house / pool room this afternoon and brought a pickup load home to temporarily put in storage. Among other things I brought home my GGG Grandfathers Gold pan he used when he and a brother with a couple of friends left here and went down to the American River during the Gold Rush days. Also brought my Great Uncles official issue Army Calvary hat home. Some of it is like dismantling a well established museum.

The following 2 users liked this post by Seabiscuit-P3:
Old 06-13-2023, 06:54 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Good morning guys! Happy Taco Tuesday!

Traveling with my bossman this week. I'll be flying by in the mornings and that's about it. Have a great day!

The following users liked this post:

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most