6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2021, 07:44 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,548 Likes on 2,318 Posts
Happy Tuesday guys!

It's a tough market for trucks or SxSs for sure! We were very fortunate to find ours when we did. I think I would have been ok ordering one, but it would have been really tough for my wife. I'm sure there are a lot of frustrated people. The only thing I'd say is if there is an interest, order one. If it comes in and you don't like it, sell it. You won't lose money. Someone will gladly pay MSRP so they don't have to wait. Trust your gut, talk to people that ride and dive in. You may just have a great time!

Old 05-04-2021, 07:56 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,754 Likes on 1,685 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
Happy Tuesday guys!

It's a tough market for trucks or SxSs for sure! We were very fortunate to find ours when we did. I think I would have been ok ordering one, but it would have been really tough for my wife. I'm sure there are a lot of frustrated people. The only thing I'd say is if there is an interest, order one. If it comes in and you don't like it, sell it. You won't lose money. Someone will gladly pay MSRP so they don't have to wait. Trust your gut, talk to people that ride and dive in. You may just have a great time!
Good morning, Andre & Co. Do you even remotely think the azzhole trail hogs that were in your way the other day might have all been newbies at this game and have absolutely no clue about trail ettiquette? There are a crap load of them out there now, you know. A year ago did not even know what a SXS is, and now own one.
I know we don’t all have this option, but it is quite rare that I am out on the trail on weekends just for certain reasons.

Happy Tuesday to the rest of the crew, all is well in sunny AZ on this fine day.

The following 2 users liked this post by Desert Don:
Old 05-04-2021, 08:01 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,548 Likes on 2,318 Posts
I have no doubt you are correct Don. My dealership runs trail etiquette classes monthly. I think it should be mandatory you attend one of these classes annually in order to get your trail permit. I wish I was in a position to ride during the weekdays. That would be so nice.

The same things are happening with sleds. The trails are over saturated with morons!

Old 05-04-2021, 08:58 AM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Received 2,651 Likes on 850 Posts
^^ Probably the same people that hog the left lane, block entrances & driveways at red lights when they could easily left an opening for the car that was sitting there with their blinker on, stay in the right lane when they see a line of cars trying to merge when the left lane is wide open. Those kind of people that are oblivious of their surroundings & lack common courtesy. The second time we ever rode snowmobiles I had a young girl riding with a group veer into my sled and damn near hit me & my son, he was probably 5 at the time, with the front ski. She freaked out & started crying and everyone in her party was very concerned & apologetic. I assessed the damage and, being the sucker I was/am, told them not to worry about it. The cowl was cracked on the front of the sled I was riding. I figured a couple hundred would fix it. I was off by about $900. Note to self, you are out of your element as a snowmobile repair expert! Anyway, everyone lived to ride again. Another wide open crazy day here in the salt mines. Hope everyone has a great day. Here's a nugget of wisdom that could probably help all of us married guys...

The following 2 users liked this post by BowtieConvert:
Old 05-04-2021, 09:19 AM
Paw's 150 Lariat
Logistics Pro
Received 2,226 Likes on 689 Posts
Good morning guys!

Went to Grand Isle this past weekend and had to really work for these few trout. Small but the grandson liked catching them! We had to dodge thunderstorms and lots of wind to catch these. More rain today and tomorrow so a good day to catch up on inside work. Have a great day everyone.

The following 6 users liked this post by Paw's 150 Lariat:
BowtieConvert, EO2SeaBee, ExxWhy, Jigger2020, Sailor Roy, SavageNFS and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-04-2021, 09:23 AM
Paw's 150 Lariat
Logistics Pro
Received 2,226 Likes on 689 Posts
Gulf was too rough so we fished in Caminada Bay behind Grand Isle. Took this Saturday morning heading out.

Old 05-04-2021, 09:34 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,171 Likes on 1,653 Posts
Howdy Patriots.......
A new day to enjoy..... 49°F headed to 61°F...... light breeze with a little humidity, 64%
I have a list of items to keep me busy for a week...

Taxi duty completed.....

Gerry...... nice pictures...... Calf, looking out over the bay to Alcatraz prison......

Have fun today my friends........

Old 05-04-2021, 09:34 AM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Nice pics Don! Looks like a good time with family even if the fish & weather didn't totally cooperate. We rescheduled our trip to Barataria for Aug 6-9, fishing Sat & Sun. Right in the middle of hurricane season. Yay!! Maybe we'll get lucky.

Old 05-04-2021, 10:47 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,891 Likes on 1,549 Posts
Andre, Thanks for the ride report, to bad you had to deal with the group that wouldn't let you buy! Sounds like it's time to install some train horns....... or a front mounted missal launcher.

Tim, Glad to hear the planting is done and things are growing well.

Swamp Don, Glad you had a chance to go fishing, nice catch.

Desert Don, Thanks for the info on the gate controller, glad you got yours up and working.

Bowtie, Bummer about the Monday woes, I take it you have a machine shop? I'm planning on getting into machining as a hobby after I retire, OK well maybe a couple years after I retire I need to finish my Bronco project first. I am retiring in 27 days. I don't plan on CNC just a manual Lathe and Mill. I have looked around for used ones, and the ones I have found so far are huge. I'm leaning toward the Taiwanese made Prescision Matthews equipment.

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-04-2021, 11:03 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Tim Young

Desert Don, Thanks for the info on the gate controller, glad you got yours up and working.
Tim, a little heads up; I have one of those red Ranch tubular gates available at every farm and ranch supply stores. The metal in them is almost as thick as any good beer can! LOL. Anyway, the clamping device they sent with the opener just crushes the tubing in those gates. So I devised another method of attaching the arm to the gate. A 2 foot long piece of angle bolted to each side of the tubing with through bolts. Then use ny-lock nuts so I could get them tight and still not crush the tubing in the gate.

Old 05-04-2021, 11:12 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
A couple things on the lathe, Tim.
1. Get one big enough that it has power cross feed.
2. Get one that will thread both RH and LH threads.
Especially the threading part. I still use my tap & die sets for a lot of the threadfing I do.......but they are all RH thread, so I have no way to cut LH threads because my machine does not cut LH threads.

And the power cross feed would be a nice feature especially with my old stiff sore hands. Some days feeding that hand wheel is a literal pain./

Old 05-04-2021, 11:52 AM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Tim, we aren't that fancy. We use the CNC machines to rout PVC profiles & the occasional aluminum posts for fence. We have 2 machines that have 4 bays & 2 router heads and 1 machine w/ 2 bays & 2 heads. Simple 2 axis machines. back & forth, left & right. They can do letters & designs also. Low tech, high production.....

Old 05-04-2021, 11:57 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,029 Likes on 2,829 Posts
Morning, folks. Back from my first visit with the Cardiac surgeon. I'm wearing a heart monitor again, for 17 days. Different model of monitor, so hopefully it wears better. CT Scan with contrast is coming up. Surgery to close the hole in my heart will be scheduled soon too. All this is to try and prevent any further strokes. They showed me the brain scan (yes, I have one) that shows evidence of the prior stroke. Pretty clear that it happened.

The following 2 users liked this post by HRTKD:
Old 05-04-2021, 12:01 PM
BowtieConvert
Lead Driver
Wow, Jim. I hope they get the ticker fixed up! Good luck & prayers to you.

Old 05-04-2021, 01:01 PM
ExxWhy
Logistics Pro
Received 2,167 Likes on 568 Posts
Jim, you are pretty frisky to make that trip with a hole in the ticker! Good luck with the docs, hopefully on their A game that day!

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most