6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 09:16 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,787 Likes on 1,695 Posts
Happy Tuesday, crew. Yup, it pretty obvious some folks think sun roofs are the cats meow. It can be tricky to find a vehicle in higher trim levels without one. To me they just take up precious head room, and mostly malfunction at the most in-opportune time!
Have a great day.

Old 09-29-2020, 10:04 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,635 Likes on 743 Posts
I avoided the Sunroofs in the first 5 Superduties I owned. But I bought a 2017 Platinum and it came with one. It actually has been enjoyable. I rarely open it to the wind. But I leave the shade open all winter and it allows more light into the cab.
Mine has worked well. I've been careful to lub the slide on a regular schedule. Doesn't leak.

The Platinums this year allow you to order the truck with out the sunroof. So you can get a Platinum/King Ranch now with out

Old 09-29-2020, 10:11 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,699 Likes on 2,351 Posts
I'm similar to Jon, but out of protest. I don't open my sunroof very often, but really like the light coming in the roof. I used to open my sunroof all the time. I say protest because in previous trucks I could vent the sunroof and open the rear slider and that was my absolute favorite way to roll down the highway. It was quiet and did a great job of exchanging the air. My '15 Fiat did this perfectly. The 2020 is as expected when you vent the sunroof. It's quiet as could be when you open the rear slider. However, if you do both at the same time, the sunroof sounds like a 747 taking off. It's SO loud. So I have to open the sunroof by sliding it open a couple of inches and it's ok. Still not preferred, but it's good enough.

Old 09-29-2020, 10:12 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,194 Likes on 1,662 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Good evening guys!

Don and Andre, Thanks for the ride reports, looks like you both had a good time!

Roy, I hope the test results came out good.
Thank You my friend........
They did !! No issues, No concerns........ As a matter of fact. The Doc says, "Due to my great history of past tests and that I am just about 70 yrs old, No further test are needed !!"
God is good to me !!

Old 09-29-2020, 10:17 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by SavageNFS
I'm similar to Jon, but out of protest. I don't open my sunroof very often, but really like the light coming in the roof. I used to open my sunroof all the time. I say protest because in previous trucks I could vent the sunroof and open the rear slider and that was my absolute favorite way to roll down the highway. It was quiet and did a great job of exchanging the air. My '15 Fiat did this perfectly. The 2020 is as expected when you vent the sunroof. It's quiet as could be when you open the rear slider. However, if you do both at the same time, the sunroof sounds like a 747 taking off. It's SO loud. So I have to open the sunroof by sliding it open a couple of inches and it's ok. Still not preferred, but it's good enough.
Andre' ....... Just turn down your hearing aids.....

Old 09-29-2020, 10:24 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Good morning to all ye fine folks and Patriots......
What a beautiful day in the big sky country.......
Clear blue sky.... nice 15+ mph breeze..... 56*F & 57% humidity...... LOVE IT..

Having a nice lazy morning......... Hit the deck a little after 0800..... Cowboy Coffee and outside with Heidi and Duchess..... Played ball some. Got me awake.

Lynn and Theresa are at school..... Lynn is subbing. Theresa is, of course, at FCCS enjoying a Fine education and Christ centered school.....

The POD (Plan Of the Day) has me working at HD 1300 - 1800. I need to take care of the Hens and mow some lawn. Right now I am enjoying some great Patriotic Music and playing on FTE.....

Have fun my friends and enjoy this fine day the Lord has blessed us with.....

Old 09-29-2020, 11:12 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Thank You my friend........
They did !! No issues, No concerns........ As a matter of fact. The Doc says, "Due to my great history of past tests and that I am just about 70 yrs old, No further test are needed !!"
God is good to me !!
Congratulations Roy! We need you around here.

I had one comment to share around my experience with this procedure a few years back when I turned 55. A day or two prior to my procedure, I needed to pick-up the pharmacy package with the pre-test liquid. Nurse said that I had two options for my 1pm appointment. They had a liquid option that I needed to start taking the evening before. This would lead to a possible sleepless evening, spending time with non-sleeping activities. This liquid was fully covered by my insurance. There was a second option that I could take starting 6 hours prior to my appointment. This was the option that I selected and my insurance didn't cover everything but the charge was very minor. From 7am until I left for the procedure was not great but way better than losing a full night's sleep.

Just wanted to share, it's a great question to ask. As far as the procedure, I don't remember any of it. They gave me something. Last thing I remember was talking to a nurse in a room. Next thing that I remember was being returned to that room. Nothing between.

Bruce...

Old 09-29-2020, 11:15 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Great news Roy!

My wife tells me I need hear aids already.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:37 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Great news Roy!

My wife tells me I need hear aids already.
She needs to realize that men have selective hearing built in...... Hear Aids don't help with that..........

Old 09-29-2020, 11:44 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by my_crib_too
Congratulations Roy! We need you around here.

I had one comment to share around my experience with this procedure a few years back when I turned 55. A day or two prior to my procedure, I needed to pick-up the pharmacy package with the pre-test liquid. Nurse said that I had two options for my 1pm appointment. They had a liquid option that I needed to start taking the evening before. This would lead to a possible sleepless evening, spending time with non-sleeping activities. This liquid was fully covered by my insurance. There was a second option that I could take starting 6 hours prior to my appointment. This was the option that I selected and my insurance didn't cover everything but the charge was very minor. From 7am until I left for the procedure was not great but way better than losing a full night's sleep.

Just wanted to share, it's a great question to ask. As far as the procedure, I don't remember any of it. They gave me something. Last thing I remember was talking to a nurse in a room. Next thing that I remember was being returned to that room. Nothing between.

Bruce...
The prep procedure has changed....... Nothing from the pharmacy.
Prep day before the scheduled Colonoscopy (Sunday)....... Monday at 1300. No food today. Liquid diet.... No, not a booze diet.....
Started at 1300 taking laxative pills...... At 1800 I start drinking 32 Ozs of propel with Miralax in it...... Then at 0600 tomorrow, I get to drink another 32ozs of the concoction.... and at 0700 another dose of laxative pills......

This was so much better...... I had the choice of Propel or Gatorade. Just restrictions on color. Propel seemed like the easy choice since it is clear. I like the grape flavor.

Old 09-29-2020, 02:18 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
I think PROPEL is a fitting term

Old 09-29-2020, 03:54 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,787 Likes on 1,695 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
She needs to realize that men have selective hearing built in...... Hear Aids don't help with that..........
For sure! And it seems like the older I get, the less I hear higher pitched voices!!! LOL Even with the hearing aids in and turned on!

Old 09-29-2020, 04:38 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,155 Likes on 2,859 Posts
My wife's grandmother used to accuse her husband of turning down his hearing aids. He confided to me that she was right. Can't say that I blamed him.

Old 09-29-2020, 11:34 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

I think PROPEL is a fitting term
...... Good catch.....

Old 09-29-2020, 11:39 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by 99150
For sure! And it seems like the older I get, the less I hear higher pitched voices!!! LOL Even with the hearing aids in and turned on!
I understand high freq loss is common.......
I have NO high freq hearing. Totally gone. I have very high quality hearing aids...... takes the high freqs and moves the sound to a lower freq. Helps, but I still just can not understand some words.
Oh well. could have bigger problems..... Things do get quiet when I take them out.....

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most