6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 11:03 PM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 3,952 Likes on 1,572 Posts
Originally Posted by Painted Horse
Made my last payment on my truck. I usually take out a 60 month loan, But try and pay it off in 30 months. But if I have a bad few months I can pay the minimum and protect my credit. Made it in 27 months this truck.

I put 30,000 miles on a truck and fill I need them paid for before I hit a 100,000. At least if I have breakdowns, I'm not making car payments and repair bills.

Saw the Orthopedic Surgeon today. Took him all of 5 seconds looking at my Xrays to say I needed both knees replaced. Scheduled the first for April 28th. He claims this will be a piece of cake for me. I sure hope so
Good luck Jon, All I can say is prepare for about three month of not being able to sleep all night. I'm doing better now after seven weeks, but still can't sleep all night, I made it four hours at one time last night. I go between my bed, the recliner, and the spare bedroom and sometimes back to my bed. The first three or four weeks are the most painful and only a few days and only for a couple of minutes when you first get up laying down are in the Oh My God it's painful category. Other then that it's just painful. It's hard to exercise when you're in pain it must be done. I worked hard to get full extention and full flex on both knees. It was easier the second time.

When I had my first knee replaced I found some really good info on line for a couple of exercises. I'll see if I can find the links.

Old 03-05-2020, 11:08 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,189 Likes on 1,661 Posts
We need a sub-forum.......

"1 Pager Medical Edition"

Old 03-05-2020, 11:49 PM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
We need a sub-forum.......

"1 Pager Medical Edition"

​​​​​​That's good Roy!

Old 03-06-2020, 06:06 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,696 Likes on 2,350 Posts
Roy this thread has covered so much ground over the years it it could be called just about anything. That was funny though! Well played.

Jon, congrats on paying off that truck so fast! Wow! Glad you are getting your knees done! That must mean Heavy D's place is wrapping up. Instagram kind of shows it getting closer.

Tim...sorry you are having so much trouble sleeping. Kind of a noobie thing to ask, but have you told your doctor? Maybe he can give you something to knock you out so you can sleep? Don't just take it on the chin to prove to Maria that your tough. She already knows you're not, buddy. She still loves you.

Happy Friday guys!

Husky liners arrived yesterday. I didn't get home until late, but I installed them without pics. I'll take some tomorrow. I like them a lot better than the Weathertechs I had in my 2011. I had some rubber RAM branded ones in my Fiat and they were pretty good too. The Huskys fit better and feel better. I like them a lot.

Old 03-06-2020, 06:15 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Guys, what do I tell the service department to get them to turn on the DPF screens on the center screen on the instrument cluster. I've seen some vids where there is the dPF soot level in a % and I think some other screens that they have to enable. When I do this, will I be able to do an operator commanded regen? If not, do I ask them to enable that too? I'm kind of new to the emissions thing. I have ripped them off my previous trucks, but I'm going to try to be a good boy this time, I promise. Unless they start causing my trouble...then I'm going to rip them off the truck, lol.

Old 03-06-2020, 06:26 AM
Paw's 150 Lariat
Logistics Pro
Received 2,251 Likes on 693 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Getting ready to leave for Pigeon Forge, Tenn. Waiting on MawMaw so I can finish loading the truck..yeah we decided to take it. Probably needs a good clean out on a 700 mile plus trip each way. Haven't been to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg in a few years so I've been wanting to go there. Hope its not too cold...mid 50's down here and windy this morning. Have a great weekend guys!!

Old 03-06-2020, 06:31 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Have a nice time Don and enjoy the drive!

Old 03-06-2020, 07:06 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Save travels Don, I hope the weather holds for you and you both have a great time!

Originally Posted by SavageNFS

Tim...sorry you are having so much trouble sleeping. Kind of a noobie thing to ask, but have you told your doctor? Maybe he can give you something to knock you out so you can sleep? Don't just take it on the chin to prove to Maria that your tough. She already knows you're not, buddy. She still loves you.
Boy, isn't that the truth!

I've asked the surgeon the physical therapist and other people that have had there knees replaced, they all say the same thing.... Three month!
​​​

Old 03-06-2020, 07:15 AM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
Guys, what do I tell the service department to get them to turn on the DPF screens on the center screen on the instrument cluster. I've seen some vids where there is the dPF soot level in a % and I think some other screens that they have to enable. When I do this, will I be able to do an operator commanded regen? If not, do I ask them to enable that too? I'm kind of new to the emissions thing. I have ripped them off my previous trucks, but I'm going to try to be a good boy this time, I promise. Unless they start causing my trouble...then I'm going to rip them off the truck, lol.
I don't think you need the dealer to do that. You should be able to do that with Forscan and a laptop. I have the DPF screen but not the operator command regen. You can do a lot more with the newer trucks though. I'll see if I can find the info on how to do that. Rodney can probably tell you off the top of his head how to do it.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:26 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
I haven't figured out Forscan yet. I'll have to make some time soon. It's going to the dealership Wednesday to take care of some firmware stuff and a recall. So I was just going to have them do it while it's there.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:26 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,635 Likes on 743 Posts
Andre Just get Forscan. There are many things you will want to change. besides the DPF screen. Like the horn honking when you get out or Fog lights on with Highbeams etc

Old 03-06-2020, 08:28 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Can I do that with Forscan Lite on my iPhone or can I download Forescan on my laptop and use the bluetooth connector?

Old 03-06-2020, 08:36 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 7,149 Likes on 2,856 Posts
No, Forscan Lite is read-only. It can't change things, just report on them. I do wonder if Lite can clear trouble codes though. I haven't tried that.

If your dealership is up on things, just ask if they'll enable the "DPF %" screen. Maybe they'll do it, just because.

Old 03-06-2020, 08:38 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,635 Likes on 743 Posts
Forscan needs a Windows Computer and a OBDII adapter. I bought the adapter that is recommended in the Forscan thread. It worked great. It was Wifi or Bluetooth I don't remember

Yes Heavy D's house is getting close to being complete. Longest Build I'ver done. But he should be in mid april and the Fusion Graphics Building should be done April 15th. The big barn I'm building should be done in a week and the edwards home should be done mid to late April.
I start a school addition June 1st, So I have about 5 weeks to recover. Doc says I should be off the pain meds and able to drive with in two weeks Says I probably won't be getting up and down ladders, But should be able to supervise the job just fine by 5 weeks,

The doc I chose has done more knee replacements than any other doc in Utah. He doesn't cut thru the muscle or any tendons/ligiments He works around and thru the seams to do his work, So he has a smaller incision and you don't have the scar tissue in you big muscles

Old 03-06-2020, 12:28 PM
Tim Young
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by Painted Horse
Forscan needs a Windows Computer and a OBDII adapter. I bought the adapter that is recommended in the Forscan thread. It worked great. It was Wifi or Bluetooth I don't remember

Yes Heavy D's house is getting close to being complete. Longest Build I'ver done. But he should be in mid april and the Fusion Graphics Building should be done April 15th. The big barn I'm building should be done in a week and the edwards home should be done mid to late April.
I start a school addition June 1st, So I have about 5 weeks to recover. Doc says I should be off the pain meds and able to drive with in two weeks Says I probably won't be getting up and down ladders, But should be able to supervise the job just fine by 5 weeks,

The doc I chose has done more knee replacements than any other doc in Utah. He doesn't cut thru the muscle or any tendons/ligiments He works around and thru the seams to do his work, So he has a smaller incision and you don't have the scar tissue in you big muscles
That sounds great Jon, I would buy the being able to supervise after five weeks. I'm not sure about being off the pain meds in two weeks though.

If it wasn't for my previous injuries to my right leg I would have been off the pain meds in maybe four or five weeks but not two. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I found a side by side I want, now all I need to do is win the lottery!
​​​​​https://www.autoblog.com/amp/2020/03...-off-road-utv/

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most