6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 07:28 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,997 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Roy, The Raptor is looking good! You must be serious about selling it this summer. What is the dimensions of the Garage? And how much are you asking for it? You can PM if you want, I don't want to get in trouble on here. I'll put the word out, I have a bunch of buddies that ride 4 wheelers. You never know.
The garage is 8ft - 4in wide X 6ft long. Huge living space. The Dealer is asking $26K

Old 05-27-2018, 07:30 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Finally took a day off today..... After church I went to Home Depot and picked up paint for the house project...…..one 5 Gal bucket of Primer.....four 5 Gal buckets of house paint.....three 1 Gal cans of trim paint. Had to buy the paint by tomorrow...… The sale ends tomorrow. $40 rebate per 5 Gal bucket of Behr Paint......and $10 rebate per one Gal can of Behr Paint. The plan is to replace windows and paint the house this June...…
Then it was Nap time...….

Old 05-27-2018, 08:16 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Roy how is sale of Fifth wheel going?

Old 05-27-2018, 09:47 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by bigredtruckmi
Roy how is sale of Fifth wheel going?
I did some major spruce up work...…. The new RV Dealer is planning some major advertising.....

Photos of the new floor covering on the Jolly Green thread...….

Old 05-28-2018, 12:36 AM
EDC8008
Fleet Mechanic
Received 363 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by kips
received this from a vendor. A good read indeed. Happy Memorial Day folks!

[img]blob:https://www.ford-trucks.com/f41d7548-718b-4bb4-a0bd-cbe217e1f4c5Each year, Memorial Day reminds us that freedom truly is not free. The three-day weekend gives us a pause to reflect and to realize that many paid with their lives for our freedom. In remembrance of the fallen troops who died in service, the last Monday on May marks a time of giving thanks and being grateful. It is a time of remembering the great sacrifice of the fallen soldiers.

Sometimes, it seems as if surprisingly many people have forgotten what the actual purpose behind Memorial Day is. To them, Memorial Day is a three-day weekend that is all about having barbecues and getting great shopping deals.

Memorial Day, however, is much more than a welcome opportunity to hunt for great deals in your local mall. The holiday helps us to remember how privileged we really are. It shows us that millions fought for the peace and freedom we can enjoy in our lives. Memorial Day also reminds us how precious freedom is and that it needs to be guarded closely.

[img]blob:https://www.ford-trucks.com/83c7883f...8-9cf084822695

Memorial Day: 7 Historical Facts About the Holiday

1. Decoration Day

Though Memorial Day is a staple of the holiday calendar now, it wasn't always called that. During the Civil War, people decorated the graves of fallen soldiers on what became known at the time as "Decoration Day." Still, nobody knows for sure when and where the first Decoration Day actually occurred, with several cities angling for the title. A ceremony at the cemetery at Gettysburg honored the dead in 1863, while women in Boalsburg, Pennsylvania, placed flowers on the graves of fallen soldiers on Independence Day in 1864. Confederate women in South Carolina were honoring their dead with grave flowers as early as 1861. Other places that claim to have hosted the first Decoration Day are Savanna, Georgia, and Warrenton, Virginia.

2. National observance

A century after the first Decoration Day celebration, President Lyndon B. Johnson settled the debate — in the official record at least — when he signed a proclamation decreeing that the holiday got its start 100 years earlier in Waterloo, New York. In Johnson's rendering, a Waterloo resident named Henry Welles decided to memorialize local fallen soldiers by decorating their graves at three different cemeteries in the area. A local war hero described the commemoration to Gen. John Alexander Logan, who made it a national day of remembrance first observed on May 30, 1868.

3. First speech

The first Memorial Day speech was given by James A. Garfield, then an Ohio congressman, at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia in 1868. (The day was still known as Decoration Day.) Garfield, a former Union general, would go on to become the 20th president of the United States, though he would die from an assassin's bullet just 200 days into his first term.

4. Separate holidays

The Union lost about 360,000 soldiers during the war, compared to the 260,000 who died in the South. For decades, the South shunned the Union's Memorial Day celebrations, instead observing its own separate holiday to honor Confederate war dead till after World War I, when Memorial Day was expanded to remember the dead from all United States conflicts. Several southern states still celebrate Confederate Memorial Day, although the holiday occurs on April 26, May 10, May 30 or June 2, depending on the state. The holiday is not without controversy, however, with some arguing that it glorifies a part of American history dedicated to preserving slavery.

5. Unofficial holiday

The holiday's Decoration Day moniker lingered until 1882, but the day wasn't an official holiday until 1967. The holiday was held on May 30 until 1971, when Congress fixed the date as the last Monday in May. The holiday was officially renamed Memorial Day in 1967, when President Johnson signed legislation to that effect.

6. Many casualties

More than 150 years later, the Civil War remains the United States' deadliest conflict. More than 620,000 people died during the war. Most of the casualties occurred as a result of disease, rather than as a direct result of injuries. The second deadliest conflict was World War II, in which more than 400,000 American soldiers lost their lives.

7. Weekend plans

Memorial Day weekend getaways have become an American tradition in their own right. According to the American Automobile Association, more than 36 million people will hit the roads this holiday weekend and drive more than 50 miles (80 kilometers) to another destination. Grilling may not have been part of the original Memorial Day celebrations, but it's now a fixture of the holiday. Memorial Day is now the second-most popular holiday (after the Fourth of July) for a sun-baked barbecue: 53 percent of people grill on the holiday, according to the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association.
Realy nice Kips!

Had a member at church during our meeting today remind everyone what it really means. I’ve lost a few shipmates during and since. Also makes me think of my dad and what he survived along with my 3 brothers and me. We are all truly blessed to live here.

Old 05-28-2018, 05:14 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Remembering PAUL HILL today, 4 years gone

Old 05-28-2018, 07:29 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,068 Likes on 2,217 Posts
Right on Gerry!
R.I.P. Paul Hill...you were our friend and we miss you buddy! Hard to believe you have been gone 4 years. Our thoughts and prayers to your family.

Happy Memorial Day...thanks to all that served. Prayers, respect and appreciation to those that sacrificed it all.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:33 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Yes Gerry......He was a Hoot !! Take time to smile for Paul today. Gone but definitely not forgotten !

Old 05-28-2018, 08:07 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
actually, I was wondering the same thing. I didn't even think that the letters were mixed up! :Facepalm
Same here...Didn't occur to me that he meant "on" instead of "no".
I'm glad that you are sticking with your commitment to mentor - despite The Scouts best efforts to kill the organization as we've known it.

Howdy Crew!

Steve, great new truck! Very nice.

Scott, I like that pedal operated chute cover. I still have the giant, spring-loaded plastic cover on mine, and I try my best to rip it off every time I mow. If it weren't $300 and on back order, I would have placed my order a few minutes ago when I searched it out based on your recommendation. Good luck on the hunt for a trailer for Mikey to ride in behind the bike.

Desert Don, awesome joke! Safe travels to Momma this weekend while she's out in Montana to visit family. Hope you enjoy yourself out on the trails too.

Jon, hope you feel better soon. Maybe your issue is just getting back to breathing good air again has shocked your system! Beautiful scenery as always. Thank you for the pics.

Swamp Don, enjoy. Looks like fun.

Dak, good to see you on here again. Hope plans are coming together nicely for your trip to L-48 soon.

Monty, they grow up fast. Congrats to you, Trent and Momma, as I'm sure he could not have been as successful, without you guys helping, prodding, guiding and coaching along the way.

Gerry, I imagine you are glad to be done with winter now, huh? It is hard to believe Paul has been gone 4 years already.

Tim Y, any updates on the Bronco? I know you've been busy with other stuff lately.

Iowa Tim, I noticed yesterday while out and about, several fields of corn around me are already covered in tassels. It's amazing how fast it grows.

Dave, any updates on planting up in your area?

Roy, the Raptor is looking good now. Any progress on the Montana, or is it finished now? That's a whole lot of paint for the house. I hope you aren't planning to brush all that on.

Kips. thank you for the reminder of what today is really about. I appreciate it when someone thanks me for my service every year on Memorial Day, but I feel uncomfortable trying to redirect their gratitude toward who they should be thanking on this day, instead of me.

Eric, I lost several of my fellow Bees as a result of Desert Storm. I am grateful and surprised it wasn't me too.

My daughter came over around noon Friday and stayed until about 18:00 Saturday. We had a nice visit, but I do wish it were longer. She heads back to Philly Wednesday to go job hunting Yesterday was the day for Jodi and me to do chores and errands. Someone left the oven on broil around here, as we skipped spring completely and went right into summer. It is miserably hot and humid right now. Just sitting on the zero turn to mow yesterday - no real physical labor - I was drenched in sweat from head to toe. Days like these are when I try to work outside early in the morning, or late in the evening. I'm on my day shift again now at the perfume factory, but I hope not to be needed out in the units today, since most personnel are off, and the units seem to be quiet for now.

Have a great day all.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:53 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
Howdy guys!

Good reading!

Originally Posted by GIGGER
Hard to believe it's been 4 years already.

Beautiful weekend here.

I had some wood for a project that never got off the ground so I made the mistake of mentioning to the kids we could build a tree house.....
Got a start on it this weekend

Name:  tAQRK6K.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  882.6 KB

Name:  1fu6t62.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  987.7 KB

Have a good week everyone!

Old 05-28-2018, 10:02 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,068 Likes on 2,217 Posts
That's going to be huge Darren!

Old 05-28-2018, 10:02 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Well Darren, the wood for the project definitely looks to be "off the ground" now! I bet the kids have fun with that once finished. Looks good so far.

After a graduation ceremony, a Catholic priest, a Protestant minister and a Jewish rabbi, who were very close friends and often got together for coffee and chats, started discussing the issue of when does life begin.

The priest began by declaring: “Well, we believe that life begins at the moment of conception.”

The Protestant Minister added: “We believe life commences when the child is born.”

When asked, the Rabbi answered: “Look, to be perfectly frank I think that life really begins when the kids leave home.”

Old 05-28-2018, 10:06 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
LOL good one Doug!

The deck is 8' x 10' so we are going to make the "fort" part 8' x 6' with a 8' x 4' patio.
My legs are killing me from hauling the wood down there LOL

Old 05-28-2018, 12:13 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,693 Likes on 2,750 Posts
Roy, that's a very interesting layout for your XLR. I haven't seen a toy hauler that loads from both sides like that. It took me a while to realize that's the layout.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:18 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by HRTKD
Roy, that's a very interesting layout for your XLR. I haven't seen a toy hauler that loads from both sides like that. It took me a while to realize that's the layout.

It's a Raptor Jim...

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most