6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 05:52 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,028 Likes on 1,607 Posts
Originally Posted by Dakster
Monty prayers for your FIL... Sounds like he got to the Hospital in time. AOL email is weird, I just got the email for that post now... And after several other posts that were made AFTER that one.
You mean that ........... Still exist.....

Old 04-27-2016, 06:36 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,189 Likes on 1,696 Posts
WOW Darren, just wow....... I'm happy & sad at the same time

Old 04-27-2016, 07:01 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Howdy gang! I finally caught up on this thread, but haven't even started on any others yet. As you have read, it has been a busy and trying week for my wife and me both. On the afternoon of Thursday, April 14, she started complaining about a sharp pain in her abdomen, but couldn't pinpoint where it was coming from as it was radiating everywhere, but it would come and go. She really thought for a while it was a digestive issue and was treating it (or not) as such. She ended up missing work the next day and had the weekend off. By Sunday evening, she had experienced enough pain that she was ready to do something about it. As I was getting ready for work, she asked what was located on the right side, below the ribs. I thought for a second and remembered liver and gall bladder, then the thought of gall stones hit me. Thanks to smartphones and Google, I looked up the symptoms and the matched, so we planned to go to a 24 hour ER the following morning (Monday) when I got home from work. Well, it started raining on that side of town at 18:00 Sunday night, and by the time I got home at 05:00 Monday morning, we had 16.1" at the house. (I think Rodney did a great job of conveying the conditions I had to drive through to get to her that morning.) I decided we would wait until daylight before venturing back out in the floodwaters to get her checked out, so I went to bed. By the time I got up at 10:30, we were up to 19.3" of rain. After many times of turning around and adjusting our route, I finally got us out to an ER. Long story a little shorter, she ended up in the hospital Monday night and had her gallbladder removed Tuesday morning. She was in the hospital until Thursday evening, and I was able to take her home.

I spent most of my time with her at the hospital caring for her, but did venture home for a bit on Wednesday to check on the critters. Soon after I headed back to the hospital, it started raining again, and dropped another inch of rain. When we pulled into the driveway Thursday evening, we immediately noticed that one of our minis had not survived the storm. I got my wife settled in the house and then had to deal with a dead horse. That was not what she needed to see when she got home.

Since I had already missed Monday night shift in order to take care of her, and she was still pretty weak from surgery, I decided to go ahead and take off my day shifts Friday, Saturday and Sunday to take care of her and spend some time just goofing off, since she wasn't capable of anything too strenuous. Saturday, we decided we wanted kids together, and since neither of us are capable of producing a kid, we adopted two babies Saturday evening. I had swung by Tractor Supply earlier that day to pick up two dog kennels to keep our kids in, so had to assemble it in the dark that evening. Sunday, we went to a meat market a bought a rack of beef ribs for me to smoke. Oh, and we got another inch of rain during the day.

She went back to work Monday and is getting better daily, but still has nausea caused by her meds, but those end tomorrow, so she is looking forward to that. I started nights last night, but had too much going on at work to try to catch up here. I did manage to catch up on my work though. This morning, while pumping the last two gallons of Diesel in for a fillup on my way home, I swear I was caught up in an EF-0 tornado at the fuel station. We went from dead calm at the beginning of the fillup, to a stiff breeze within a few minutes to all of a sudden, all hell broke loose and crap was blasting across the parking lot and blowing off of the islands and building. The trash cans all ended up near the street in a matter of seconds. As I was putting the nozzle away to haul buns, the wind was spraying the remnants of the fuel out of the nozzle and down the side of the bed of Bear. (Normally, I will empty the nozzle before pulling it out, so it doesn't drip on the ground - (Dak, insert joke here) but decided not to bother this time.) The rain followed behind the initial blast of wind. For the 20 miles left of dark country roads to get home, the rain was blowing sideways and the winds were gusting broadside to me. I was dodging limbs and debris on the road when I could see it. It was slow going again since I could barely see due to the heavy winds and rain. The truck was a boss and handled the wind and rain just fine. The owner is getting tired of the crappy weather though. I got soaked when getting out of the truck to open the front gate to get into the driveway, and again to close the gate, and one last time to get into the house from the truck after getting down the driveway to the house. The rain gauge showed .61" of rain in the preceding 30 minutes. By the time I dried off and put my stuff away to get ready for bed, the rain gauge was up to .75". Needless to say, the yard isn't drying out very well yet.

However, Jodi and I are still very much in the honeymoon stage and enjoy getting to be together and are loving our new home. During her stay in the hospital, I kept her laughing a lot. She said it hurt when she laughed, but I reminded her that laughter is the best medicine, so she was getting GREAT treatment! More great news too, the forecast says we should get another 3" of rain Saturday night into Sunday morning. I'm thinking the next couple critters we get may be manatees.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:32 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Houston news headlines:

What'd you miss? Top stories this week on Click2Houston.com

Line of storms push through; muggy afternoon ahead

Pics:

Our new kids

Just chillin in their new home

They love oak branches to munch on, and I had just trimmed the trees out front

Front yard. There's not normally a pond on this side.

Beef ribs just going on the smoker

Beef ribs after 10 hours on the smoker

Sliced up and ready to eat. Yummy!! (Actual size)

Old 04-27-2016, 07:52 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Doug.......WOW

Are we having FUN........

Good news that Jodi is Ok...Beat up some....but getting better....

That F-350 is one hell of a good truck......

That was Good about the "KIDS".....I was thinking doggies.......

You and Jodi take care my friend.....

EDIT:........Those ribs look better than GREAT.......

Old 04-27-2016, 08:11 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Thanks Roy. She's pretty tough, so when she starts whining about stuff, it's pretty serious!
I will never again be without such a capable vehicle if I have anything to do with it. Jodi agrees that it was good we had Bear this past week.
We have great kids! They don't wake us up at 2:00a to change a diaper, or needing a drink of water, and can spend all day long outside playing.
Thanks for the well wishes. We are glad that the bulk of this last week is over.
The ribs turned out pretty dang awesome - if I do say so myself - and were especially good for a first attempt. Even the guy at the meat market says he has never smoked a rack. He says he slices the raw ribs into individual pieces and grills them over charcoal or wood. They were tender, juicy and flavorful.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:20 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
X2 on all that Roy said!!

Finally went to sleep around 830-900 this morning and had alarms set for 1130.....woke up at 1 o'clock!!!! I must have been tired

Been trying to get stuff done here so I can leave ASAP for the campground Friday morning. Replaced ceiling fans and mostly trying to catch up on cleaning uniforms for work.

In reference to the car trailer, I bought it about 5 years ago on a hell of a deal. It is a '96 model trailer,, but I've stripped and painted it(next time will be SILVER so Rodney will be proud), new bearings, brakes, now wheels and tires, and of course the toolbox and winch. For some reason I have to mod every thing I buy I did learn that an extended cab long bed will fit on it the way she sits, but have to run the front wheels of a CC LB up on 4x6 blocks for the bumper to clear toolbox. Thinking seriously about putting more shackles to raise it a bit so I can put 5k axles under it, but I'll do more research on that topic.

FIL had a 75% blockage in the LAD, how he didn't kick the bucket remains a mystery Today he a stent put in and following up with more tests the next couple of weeks. Thank you for the prayers and kind words. For him to call me, I knew something was wrong. Got the med unit to him just in time to get his heart rhythm changed. Both on the unit were formed students. Proud moment there!
Have a good night guys. Getting late and the honey do list isn't quite done yet.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:24 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Hey Doug..........

With the two Kids......You won't have to mow the lawn......

Old 04-27-2016, 08:43 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Monty, good job on teaching the former students the right way, and great that he called and you responded! Glad he will recover. That trailer is pretty cool. I don't know what would fit between the rails of my new trailer, but I guess anything under 83" should fit.

Roy, I wish that were the case. Even with two minis and a sheep cruising the actual yard, we are still desperately needing to mow. There's almost 2 acres in front of the fence that separates the yard from the pasture, and the little ones are not knocking it down as fast as it's coming up. That's why I need a couple of manatees to hang out in the puddles in my yard and do some snacking.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:31 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Monty, good job on teaching the former students the right way, and great that he called and you responded! Glad he will recover. That trailer is pretty cool. I don't know what would fit between the rails of my new trailer, but I guess anything under 83" should fit.

Roy, I wish that were the case. Even with two minis and a sheep cruising the actual yard, we are still desperately needing to mow. There's almost 2 acres in front of the fence that separates the yard from the pasture, and the little ones are not knocking it down as fast as it's coming up. That's why I need a couple of manatees to hang out in the puddles in my yard and do some snacking.
Try running the new mower through the lake/yard........
Do have Jodi video it for us..................

Old 04-27-2016, 09:57 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Try running the new mower through the lake/yard........
Do have Jodi video it for us..................
I really don't think that's quite what they meant when they said it has high floatation tires Roy. I really could use one of those things they take into cranberry bogs. We could have a blast using skim boards in the yard though.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:27 AM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Had to go to the ER tonight... I'm out, but have some things to take care of.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:31 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Good morning gang! Up early and will be off to work here in a bit for 24, then off to the campground for the weekend. One of our usual CGs at Victoria Bryant State Park. The guys will all be playing golf Saturday morning as my son's 16th birthday is Sunday. So all of the guys are going to go play golf with him. As of now, there are six campers going so I'm sure we'll have a good time.
You guys be safe out there today. The idiots aren't falling to natural selection fast enough

Old 04-28-2016, 07:17 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Good morning everyone !
Doug, thanks for the update, glad every one.... except the mini is OK.
Dak, Hope ur doing ok now.
Have a great day friends.

Old 04-28-2016, 07:47 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,177 Likes on 2,243 Posts
Good morning guys!

Dak, I hope you are doing ok. I was hoping you were improving. I hope this was a temporary setback.

Doug, thanks for checking in! It sure sounds like you have had your hands full. I'm glad Jodi is alright and you were able to take care of her. Your kids are cute. Names? Please tell me one is named "Billy". That would be AWESOME.

I'm getting really excited and sappy about Saturday. It's my daughter's State solo competition. She's a senior, so it's her last performance at UW Oshkosh for the State Judges. I'm really going to miss her playing all the time. After this performance she has only two on the books left. Her final senior concert with the entire orchestra and her final performance recital with her private teacher (and the rest of her students). I dropped a major hint for her to find a way to continue on in college. She said she was already looking, but where she is going, they don't exactly have a strong music program. So I'm hoping for the best.

P.S. I'm buying my wife a square wheel well tonight. She just loves it. It's not the one I pictured. It's a new one. She "convinced" me. She is very good at it. I didn't have a choice.

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most