6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 10:51 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,044 Likes on 1,614 Posts
Originally Posted by Chad149
Dirty dirty man you........
There is a bunch of Dirty Old Sailors around here.......

Old 09-28-2014, 10:52 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Never met a food a sailor wouldn't eat, so that surprises me Roy.

I like my steak very rare... I do eat the actual food Sushi too...

I here you on the auction Dim Sum- lots of things I would love to own as well, I don't have the money either. Would rather get some sort of trailer first (TT or 5th wheel) and then possibly a cabin in the woods up here. Which of course means 4-wheelers and snow machines.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:54 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
We have bypass systems on several of our processes at work. They are effective when monitored closely, or changed routinely. The problem with a bypass system is that when the restriction gets too high, there is no longer flow through the filter, so there is no indicated differential pressure, as the pressure on the inlet is equal to the outlet. In that case, experience is what will tell you whether the filters are plugged, torn/missing, or completely clean.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:02 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
We have bypass systems on several of our processes at work. They are effective when monitored closely, or changed routinely. The problem with a bypass system is that when the restriction gets too high, there is no longer flow through the filter, so there is no indicated differential pressure, as the pressure on the inlet is equal to the outlet. In that case, experience is what will tell you whether the filters are plugged, torn/missing, or completely clean.
BTW......have you changed filters on the DieselSite Fuel filter yet ?

Old 09-28-2014, 11:53 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
No, I haven't. I'm a less than 8,000 miles on them, and they still look good. I figured I would do them when the restriction gauge indicated a need, or at 15,000 miles - whichever came first. After reading a tip from someone else with that setup though, I won't do them at the same time as the primary and secondary filters. WAY too much air in the system and a lot of priming and purging. I have spare elements and gaskets sitting on my shelf when needed.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:27 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
No, I haven't. I'm a less than 8,000 miles on them, and they still look good. I figured I would do them when the restriction gauge indicated a need, or at 15,000 miles - whichever came first. After reading a tip from someone else with that setup though, I won't do them at the same time as the primary and secondary filters. WAY too much air in the system and a lot of priming and purging. I have spare elements and gaskets sitting on my shelf when needed.
The restriction gauge was about half way when I pulled the unit. I'll put on new filters for the new Jolly Green Giant..........

Old 09-29-2014, 12:35 AM
Dakster
Lead Driver
That is perfect time Roy. How many miles on the filters?

Old 09-29-2014, 01:13 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
That was my question too. I thought they were good for 15k, so I'm wondering 1) if they were just doing a really good job as designed and would last the designed mileage, 2) if they helped you avoid a potential problem of dirty fuel much sooner than designed mileage, or 3) if the restriction gauge is just too sensitive. Regardless, it sounds as if they at least helped. May have been a good investment?

Old 09-29-2014, 01:22 AM
Dakster
Lead Driver
A little early eye candy for Moanday... An Alaskan beauty..

Old 09-29-2014, 02:06 AM
TRENT310
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well it happened...

They opened another 4WheelParts store around here.

You know I wasn't going to be walking out of there empty handed.

I've got it hooked right past the main fusible link on the stock terminal block ("High Current Battery Junction Box") for now. I have a 300A circuit breaker in my garage that I think I am going to put in, because I'd rather it be resettable.
That thing draws this much current without a mechanical load! Let alone pulling this 9250lbs truck. (And yes, I did wash the truck and engine bay after taking this picture.)

Old 09-29-2014, 02:21 AM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Woah... That's a big draw... Nice winch.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:19 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Is this a TT or a 5th wheel..??
This one is a TT. A Vortex 26FS by Dutchmen..I bought it last year to hunt with. Found it on Craigslist not too far from home. It was very neat and clean on the inside, and outside had a couple of faded out graphics and one spot of delam under a window. It had been used in the desert out west as they used it for motorcycle racing. Perfect for hunting. Here is a pic of the outside

Attached Images  
Old 09-29-2014, 07:25 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Good morning truckers !
Trent, thanks for sharing the pics and truck update
Lots of reading here lately, keep up the good work
Weather man says one or two more days before rain comes and I get some R&R
Have a great day !!

Old 09-29-2014, 07:44 AM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GIGGER
When a guy from Ontario puts his signal on it means 'I'm coming over' not can I come over, lol
And the signal is used only if you want to be nice Otherwise you just move over and take the space as long as 75% of the room you require is available LOL. Forget leaving two vehicle lengths in front of you on the highway, three cars will try to take that space you're leaving.

Old 09-29-2014, 07:45 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,334 Likes on 2,275 Posts
Good morning guys! It was a long weekend full of many ta do's. Varsity played Friday night and we all went to the game (it was also our Homecoming game). We were 5-0 going into the game. We lost 14 - 21. It was a heartbreaker. The other team out coached us in my opinion. They were running a brand new offense that we were not prepared for and they were very prepared for what we were doing.

I could get into the details of Saturdays games extensively, but I don't see the point. The 8th grade RED (we have a red and black team), tied. They should have won the game, but a stupid play call with 25 seconds left went for an interception rather than kick a field goal for the win. They have the best kicker in the league and he would have drilled it. I was pretty angry with the coach of that team. He made the mistake of asking my opinion.

Wifey was taking pictures of the homecoming girls and boys as they got ready for the dance. She was also drinking bourbon. We played at 5:30pm (which became 6pm because the other games ran late). She arrived just in time for kick-off. Our game was packed with fans. It was so awesome for the fan support. We were up 24-0 by the second quarter. We took our starters out midway in the 2nd quarter. Our second and some third string players played outstanding and scored two more touchdowns making it 36-0 and we would have scored again, but we took a knee on the 2 yd line and just ran the clock out. This is a team that gave us our only loss last year so it was special to get the shut out. We are now 6-0 and leading the conference. My son played well so it was a great night. We celebrated very late with the staff and the wives.

Sunday was a blur as well. Packers played at noon and we had people over for the game. Then the coaches all came over (some were already here for the Packer game) and we game planned for our game Tuesday night. It's right after the Sat game, so it' really tough to game plan. We got it done though. I finally cut grass with the headlights on the tractor at 7:30pm last night. Bottom line...I was feeling a bit lazy at that point

@Gerry...about time you made an appearance. Nice of you to bring some "friends" What kind of stone? Is it going to get torn up plowing? If so, asphalt. I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. I'm glad you were able to reunite your Mom and Dad...that's nice

@Steve...Happy belated 16th to your daughter! I hope it was a special day.

One page GT would have Darren as bartender and Steve grilling for sure

Monty, nice pics. I'd be in heaven.

Shawn...sorry for your loss as well. Losing Mom's is tough.

Doug, sorry about the Journey. That stinks. However, I like FRESH workbench sushi as well

Trent...nice

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most