1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

PMF RSK V code springs and a Dana 60

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 07:40 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Tom's not on this site much, so you're probably better off asking him on that other site. Luckily he is nice enough to drop by here occasionally and share some of his ideas and experience like this one.

On a side note, I don't think I've ever seen a ball joint press that clean.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Tom S
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carver94f350
Hey Tom I was browsing your thread on a different site not realizing you were on here too. I have a 94 F350 CC with the long bed on it. 4wd. I called my local shop and they're holding a set of V codes for me for the front so I need some help with what I need next.

I wanna go up a little bit, maybe 3 -4 inches. The RSK kit you have looks bad ***! Besides the kit, contacting Trevor, what else would I need to do this mod? Also what would you suggest for the rear. I want to make sure it sits at least level.

Thanks for any help. BTW, I've been thinking of repainting my truck, it's white with silver where your blue is, and I love the color scheme. Did you have it painted or was that original? What's the color if you don't mind?

Thanks
Scott

Scott, I think we got most of your RSK questions answered in the other thread. The paint on my truck is original Oxford White with Dark Tourmaline Metallic in the center. It does look blue at certain times. The royal blue in the center would have been my first choice if I ordered the truck new or royal blue with white or silver.

Sorry I am a mod on several sites and do not always get time to stop by here.

Tom

Old 09-07-2012, 02:21 PM
carver94f350
Senior User
It's not a problem at all man. Thanks for answers on both sides. I'm actually on hold with Trevor as I type this to get set up with him. Thanks again!

I'm torn, I love your paint scheme, but I also really like the color in the link you sent me on the other site, it's like a light blue. I almost want a solid color but I still enjoy the two tone so who knows. Paint is very far off for me right now. When I get the suspension in order, then I'll work on paint. In between that, I have a killer audio system ready to go in. LOTS OF WORK TO DO!!

Old 09-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Tom S
Senior User
I made a few changes to my setup:

I extended the longer rear sway bar links just a bit more 5/8" to more closely match the OEM layout.

I also think this should allow a little more drop before the sway bar contacts the spring and add just a smidge of sway bar to trackbar clearance.

I did go ahead and install a steering stabilizer.

Moog SSD113 Steering Damper that I got from Amazon. I did paint it black to better blend in. I have not decided on the boot yet.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:14 PM
carver94f350
Senior User
Nice! God I wish mine looked as clean as yours! Need to pull out the pressure washer and get to cleaning and then painting!! Nice job Tom.