6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Why use FICMRepair.com?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:27 PM
nylyon
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Why use FICMRepair.com?

Why should you go to FICMRepair.com? If your FICM is testing bad thankfully you have options that you wouldn't have had a few years ago. There are places who can repair your FICM, replace the power side with a "BulletProof" version and there's the dealer for a new one (or factory refurbished). All of these solutions will get you where you want to be and that is back on the road, so why use FICMRepair.com?

While Ed has an awesome reputation I decided to contact him with my FICM issues for a far more vain reason. He linked to my Coolant Flush document, so in my book how bad can he be, and honestly I am very glad that I did.

While on vacation in South Carolina my truck began to have cold start problems, no starts and poor running. I sent Ed an e-mail with some general questions regarding my FICM and his services and received a very prompt reply. Ed gave me very good advice and based on my symptoms agreed that I would likely make it home with my very bad FICM.

Well, things got worse when we arrived at our second destination in Hershey Park so bad that I felt that I needed to speak with Ed on the phone. I called the number on the Website and Ed was not available and I was told wouldn't be available that day, but they would relay the message. About 2 hours later my phone rang and it was Ed. We further discussed my options, as well as what he was prepared to do for me (overnight a FICM to the campground). Heading Ed's advice I again decided to try to make it home.

When I arrived home, my truck completely died in front of my house so on the phone I was with Ed. He said he had a FICM all ready for me as he knew I would need one. We discussed the programming options and I elected to go with the Ecotune. The FICM arrived the next business day I plugged it in and the truck was still dead. Turns out that the HPOP had died as well.

So why buy from FICMRepair.com? Well use what ever reason you would like to contact them, but go with Ed because he will stick with you until you're going again. I literally felt as though I was Ed's only customer, and it didn't appear that he ever tired of my venting to him. I can honestly say that my vacation would have sucked if I didn't have the support and advice from Ed.

I know this isn't the first "I Love Ed" post, and it certainly won't be the last, but I am deeply appreciative of Ed and him going WAY overboard in helping me out. His attitude, flexibility and repair skills make him a very valuable commodity, and I am grateful that he was there for me. Thank you Ed!

Old 08-03-2012, 09:07 PM
VQT
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
His service is good, just because you are a member if this forum if you are not, the return phone call would take a lot longer (2 hrs plus how much time it took you to discuss your option with Ed at the time).

to Ed

Old 08-04-2012, 07:02 AM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Last fall my FICM was dieing on me.
My truck is a work truck that needs to run.
I set my FICM to Ed on Wed. afternoon and had it back in my truck on Sat.
He really took care of me.