1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Truckstock

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 07:11 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by turnrjr
Is there a way to view the photos without signing up for a google account?
I dont think I ever sighnd up with them, and it works by just clicking on the site Doc listed obove.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:12 PM
jrmwilson
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turnrjr
Is there a way to view the photos without signing up for a google account?
I didn't find a way. I now have a google acct. -John

Old 09-14-2012, 07:31 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by edzakory
Jeff, I know you have been a constant contributor to this forum and how badly you two must feel. I hope the photo sessions and the narrative of those there can ease some of the letdown.

I have only one word of advice; never consider yourself as a loser. We have all had misfortunes in life, some bigger than other, and it happens to the best of us. Tuck this away in life’s experiences and take pride in your accomplishments. You have offered moral support and condolences to many an FTE member. Other opportunities will lie ahead.

Keep on truckin.
Thanks for the encouragement, I really do appreciate it.
I looked at some of the pictures this morning, and because I am supposed to be there, it just doesn't help.
I am simply disappointed in myself.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:36 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Jeff, I'm in the same boat. Sitting at home at my computer living vicariously thru the eyes of those who are attending, wishing I had the money to buy a new set of tires and a windshield, and I would've been on my way.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:40 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Bob is definitely having an adventure like he wanted. I still want to see video of Bob driving into Truckstock.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:43 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Jeff,

Things happen. No need to beat yourself up over it. I've been negative in my bank accounts more than a few times. Just a lesson to learn. Keep your head up. Maybe next year someone in the midwest or out west will host one.

I know if I had the room, I'd definitely put on an event like this. Maybe I should talk to Dan (old_dan). He lives out in the country and has some field space. TEE HEE.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by havi
Jeff, I'm in the same boat. Sitting at home at my computer living vicariously thru the eyes of those who are attending, wishing I had the money to buy a new set of tires and a windshield, and I would've been on my way.
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan
Jeff,

Things happen. No need to beat yourself up over it. I've been negative in my bank accounts more than a few times. Just a lesson to learn. Keep your head up. Maybe next year someone in the midwest or out west will host one.

I know if I had the room, I'd definitely put on an event like this. Maybe I should talk to Dan (old_dan). He lives out in the country and has some field space. TEE HEE.
Thanks guys...

Old 09-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 784 Likes on 384 Posts
Originally Posted by havi
Me too!!! I wish I had the brains to get my engine started and after that wondering where the money will come for brakes.

So, while we sit here wishing, you guys there be sure to take lots of pictures and videos.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:57 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Jeff,

funny you should mention old Dan, it would be funny as hell to walk up Docs place with a blonde wig, red lipstick, and a mid thigh mini skirt on an make everybody at truckstock guess who you were! hahahaha. that would be hilarious!

Jeff, Im sorry to hear about your Son, I had no idea. hang in there were all thinking about you. dont be so hard on yourself about truckstock thats the issue here as well with way too much outflow and not nearly enough inflow. For a couple days i thought i might get a paid trip to Ky which would have been cool but alot of logistics to work out. oh well here i sit at home as well.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:15 PM
topmoo
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jeff, so sorry to hear about your son.

Missing Truckstock is bad for a lot of us, I would have loved to have gone. I was out of work for about two months early this summer and now I have too much to be able to go. Even if I had carved out this weekend I haven't been paid yet for the work I finished 3 weeks ago so I would have stayed home too.
I would bet that somebody who has a big enough place will do this again sometime. Doc's place is beautiful! Looks like we are missing a really great event! We can still have some fun watching what unfolds via FTE!
Thanks for the pictures Ross! I haven't been able to get on to the google page yet and I have an account
Ross, who is who in the pictures for those of us who don't know anybody except by names and screen names?

I finally got on the google site - wow, Doc your place is really nice! Thanks again for the pics.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 133 Likes on 57 Posts
We are still sitting around the camp fire talking. It's so strange. We all know each other, but yet everybody is "new" to each other. Thankful for great weather.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:41 PM
Jeff and Nicolle
Logistics Pro
Does anyone look like how you expected them to look?

Old 09-14-2012, 11:58 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
There should be live internet streaming going on 24/7 like on Big Brother.

All this planning, Doc, and you couldn't figure out how to stream the event around the world?

Old 09-15-2012, 12:16 AM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 133 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff and Nicolle
Does anyone look like how you expected them to look?
Yeah. No real surprises there. It's just so strange to look at somebody that you've never met before and say "Hey Bob" or "Did you get that wiring problem figured out, etc.?" like they're your next door neighbor. I truly hate that you're missing the trip, Jeff.

There should be live internet streaming going on 24/7 like on Big Brother.

All this planning, Doc, and you couldn't figure out how to stream the event around the world?
I could honestly try that IF one of you guys can give me a crash course or some sort of log-in that would allow me to lay my laptop in the window and allow continual streaming using its web camera. It would be from a long distance, however.

Old 09-15-2012, 12:21 AM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Doc
I could honestly try that IF one of you guys can give me a crash course or some sort of log-in that would allow me to lay my laptop in the window and allow continual streaming using its web camera. It would be from a long distance, however.
You can always use Skype. It allows multiple connections, as in conference calls, but only if you have the other person's information as a contact in your Skype address book. Skype is free to use.

Here are the instructions: How to Make a Conference Call on Skype | eHow.com

Quick Reply: Truckstock