Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

The "Hot Summer is already nearing an end" August BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 09:54 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good luck Jim. I've come to loathe our front load washer. They don't last like they should. They definitely need more repairs...

Old 08-06-2012, 09:59 PM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Received 144 Likes on 139 Posts
They wash good but at 8 years was the first bearing replacement, and now two years for second one. Maybe smaller loads would help.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Jbotto
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by msmenne17
WOW ... how the h e l l do you miss that? I'm surprised you were able to drive it. I don't think I'd be letting this friend touch my truck again.
Chevy guy.... not used to Ford excellence. He won't be touching my truck ever again. In after thought, I probably shouldn't have ever driven it back to town. I made it roughly 10 miles with the truck in that condition. Amazed me. I will say, there wasn't a minute I wasn't praying just to make it to the shop.

Originally Posted by dlibson
Wow Troy, quite a job there. Shoulda been a decent bill at least! LOL

Jake, it's amazing made it home period. Much less with no damage to the spindle. At least it's better now.
Spindle looked good yet, kinda surprised both of us tonight. I don't consider myself lucky that often, but I sure do today. Someone was watching over me.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:08 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
Well that's not too bad. I've had to pull mine apart 6-7 times for the drain tube and screen getting clogged. The last time I took the screen out. It can go into the tub. I've had to replace the door latch/lock. It won't work at all if it doesn't work. A few other things too.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:10 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
That's for sure Jake. I'm glad it all worked out anyways. It's a longer drive, but a GTG can always help too...

Speaking of that, Michael are we still going to do an 18-19th GTG?

Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 PM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Received 144 Likes on 139 Posts
Well that's not too bad. I've had to pull mine apart 6-7 times for the drain tube and screen getting clogged. The last time I took the screen out. It can go into the tub. I've had to replace the door latch/lock. It won't work at all if it doesn't work. A few other things too.
So far only the bearings and seal. I did have the mortar counter balance fall off the top if the rear tub and hit the rear pulley during a spin out cycle. That was not a good noise. LOL

Good night TTYL

Old 08-06-2012, 10:18 PM
msmenne17
Postmaster
That's for sure Jake. I'm glad it all worked out anyways. It's a longer drive, but a GTG can always help too...

I think so ... How long will it take to swap the tranny? I found out my brother's bachelor party is the night of the 18th. Someone needs to come pick up my truck and I need to back early evening.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Jbotto
Posting Guru

I know Dave. It just never seems to work out for me. Somehow I'm always living too far away. Crookston, won't be any different I fear. lol I'm waiting on ball joints because the mechanic said those look like they can wait for awhile yet. So maybe a GTG this winter will be in store for that. Who knows yet! Get Michael fixed up, and then we'll see! And BTW, I may be able to make that GTG for another pair of hands, learning, and my fair share of BS!

Old 08-06-2012, 10:24 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
I bet not Jim. Have a good one!

We will plan it out Michael. It's a full day job as long as we are prepared with all the stuff we will need...

I hear ya Jake. It's tough to get to them. But, just so you know it's there. That'd be cool if you made it!

Okay, I gotta go to bed now too. Have a good night guys!

Old 08-06-2012, 10:27 PM
msmenne17
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Jbotto
I know Dave. It just never seems to work out for me. Somehow I'm always living too far away. Crookston, won't be any different I fear. lol I'm waiting on ball joints because the mechanic said those look like they can wait for awhile yet. So maybe a GTG this winter will be in store for that. Who knows yet! Get Michael fixed up, and then we'll see! And BTW, I may be able to make that GTG for another pair of hands, learning, and my fair share of BS!
It ought to be a good one. I've got a laundry list of crap. It just depends on how much I want to do. Tranny swap and turbo pedestal o-rings for sure. Since I'm selling the truck eventually, the rest might be left to the next person.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Jbotto
Posting Guru
I bet not Jim. Have a good one!

We will plan it out Michael. It's a full day job as long as we are prepared with all the stuff we will need...

I hear ya Jake. It's tough to get to them. But, just so you know it's there. That'd be cool if you made it!

Okay, I gotta go to bed now too. Have a good night guys!
I hate to inconvenience anyone, especially since I'm not a regular at the GTG's. I'll try and keep it in mind though. If nothing pops up that weekend and I have the money for gas, I'm there. That is my one weekend in August that I have nothing going on. Hopefully it works out! Have a good night Dave!

Old 08-06-2012, 10:32 PM
msmenne17
Postmaster
Time for bed. Good night all!!

Old 08-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Jbotto
Posting Guru
Have a good one Michael!

Old 08-06-2012, 11:03 PM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys. Thanks!! I think this will be a lot better having weekends off...................more camping! This could be expensive.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:04 PM
HP junkie
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, time for bed. Just a fly by posting.

Quick Reply: The "Hot Summer is already nearing an end" August BS Thread