Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to the August Chat thread !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 05:55 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good Morning Georgia Chapter

just crusin through and decided to say have a nice day

Old 08-18-2012, 11:38 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Howdy everyone !!!!
Hope you are having a great weekend so far. We lost our last and final softball game today. I have been doing more packing getting ready for loading on Tuesday. I then fell asleep watching TV. Knocking out the days till freedom !!!

Old 08-19-2012, 12:33 PM
460 FORD MAN
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys
I hope everybody had a good weekend. Its been cloudy over my way or either raining.
But this rain is keeping the heat away.
Have a good day everybody!

Old 08-20-2012, 03:49 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Good Monday morning everyone,
Hope that you had a great weekend. Still plugging away at it till it is time to get out of here. All my extra gear is packed, inventoried and ready to load up tomorrow. The crunch plan starts tomorrow too with people doubling up to free up rooms for the incoming people. Time is getting short but not going by fast enough for me.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:26 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Good morning Guys !!!
I have all my extra gear packed and in the truck so I can load it in the conex today!!!! The crunch plan also starts today, people doubling and tripling up to make room for the incoming people. Still have a little bit till they get here, guess they want to start early on moving people around. I have Georgia on my mind !!!!!!

UPDATE: Everything is packed!!! I just have one duffle bag of stuff to carry when we leave !!!! Once the incoming guy gets here and buys my tv and stuff the room is going to be bare, then we will be real close to getting out of here !!!!!

Old 08-21-2012, 08:30 AM
460 FORD MAN
Posting Guru
Sounds great Chief!! How much longer till you leave?

Old 08-21-2012, 11:55 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,897 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Another gorgeous day here in the mountains!! 52* again this AM and about 78* right now!

Hope y'all are enjoying your day.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:22 PM
koolchange
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Evening everyone, I sure hope all is well. Sorry I have been off for a few days but I have a consulting Gig going on down in Stockbridge GA that has me doing 13 hours a day, plus 2 hours drive each way. Just don't leave a bunch of free time. Years ago this kind of pace was no problem, but the old Grey Mule aint what he used to be. Keep the chapter talk going guys I promise I will check in when I can, but I got to get this while the getting is good if you know what I mean.

KC

Old 08-22-2012, 05:33 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Good Morning Everyone!!!
Hope everyone is doing fine, A slow day around the office, which is just fine with me. Kool, sorry to hear you are so busy and we miss your daily interjections but we understand. No wind and a llittle warmer than normal but I am not complaining, seems like a nice georgia day here to me. Operation Cramed Living starts today, looks like I do not have to move, I have had a rommie the whole time.

Sent the wife my "what I want to eat menu" for when I get home. Gives her a little time to get it together before I get to the house, still weeks away. Keeping an eye on the possable hurricane, I know Georgia and others could use a good soaking but not in that way. You all have a great day.

Brandon,
We do not have a firm date but we will be back in the states around the middle of next month. We are under 30 days left in country. We have a week of medical and outprocessing in Indiana and then back to the house. I will post on here as I head to the plane so you all will know when I am heading back. I won't have internet while I am in Indiana, so you will have to live without me for a week.

Old 08-23-2012, 10:02 PM
460 FORD MAN
Posting Guru
A whole week? That sucks! It will be worth it though! I bet you gave your wife a good southern fried menu for when you get home. Did you ever find out anything else about the rear end swap for your truck?

Old 08-24-2012, 05:50 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Happy Friday everyone !!!!

I think I am going to hit the guy up that I know at home and try for just another 79- 9 inch, it would make things alot easier, or rebuild the one I have. I am in no big hurry since it is not my daily driver. Just looking into different options.

Fried Chicken to hell you say- I was thinkig more like t-bone on the grill, prime rib from outback, Boiled shrimp, some olive garden, cheese cake. They chicken and fish us to death here, all good for the waist line but I want some beef !!!! Anything my wife and the mother in law cook is outstanding.

They are saying 5-7 days or so, not a big deal since we have been gone almost 10 months now. I started working in Atlanta in August of last year, so a little longer being away from home for me. I will knock out all the honey do's will a big smile on my face.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:50 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,897 Likes on 1,145 Posts
I bet Chief. That's a long time to be gone from home!!!

Looks like we have great weather on tap for the GTG this weekend! Highs in the 80's and lows in the low 60's with no rain in the forecast. The kids are STOKED, I think I'll have 3 boys, plus 2 nieces and a friend is bringing another 2 boys in the same age group. Lets indoctrinate some kids into the ways of FORD!

Old 08-25-2012, 04:10 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Happy Saturday Morning everyone !!!!

Yesterday afternoon they called and told me and my roomy we had to move to a different building. It was not too bad since it only took us 2 1/2 hrs. Another 30 minutes or so of resetting up everything and we are settled in till we leave for good in a few weeks. Hope all goes well at the GTG, wish I could be there!!!! Next year for sure !!!!

Old 08-25-2012, 01:44 PM
460 FORD MAN
Posting Guru
Happy Saturday everybody!
It's a pretty day today, clear blue skies. It's suppost to be cooling down in the next couple days but I think we are going to get the outskirts of the hurricane thats in the Atlantic.
I hope it isn't to bad.

Chief - I hear ya on wanting some beef. I bet what ever your wife and mother in law cook is gonna be delicious!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 08-27-2012, 07:01 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Happy Monday Morning Everyone !!!
The last monday and the last week on August !!!! I hope the GTG was a blast. A cool front is moving thru, finally out of the 100's and it looks to stay that way. FINALLY!!!!!

Had to move out of my perm. room and into a temp room as we make room for the incoming replacement folks. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and brighter...

Quick Reply: Welcome to the August Chat thread !!!!!!!