Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels  

2" lift - how to raise the rear

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 01:12 PM
sandman3510
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I think I've decided how much and how to raise my '95 F150 SC 4x4. I'm only going to run 31" tires, and I don't do any major offroading, mostly going for looks (yeah i know )

Anyway, I'm looking at the 2" coils from bronco graveyard to raise the front, they come with the adjustable alignment bushings so I should be ok there (or I could go with the Daystar spacers). In either case, my question is, how tall of a block do I get for the rear of the truck? I like the rake that it has now, and want to maintain that. Do I just put a 2" block in the rear, or would that make it sit level??

Help me out here guys, I'm new to this lift thing!!

THanks!
Pat

Old 05-11-2003, 02:20 PM
MustangGT221
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well you already have 2" blocks in the back as it is now. You'd need a 4" block or get 4" lift springs and get rid of the blocks completely. The other route is to add a leaf to the spring pack but that will stiffen up the ride a bit. The problem with blocks is that it will increase axle wrap. The best way to go is with new leaf springs and no blocks but that's expensive.

Old 05-12-2003, 12:10 AM
millertime300
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All you need is bigger blocks, and in turn longer U-bolts. They are fun to take off you will need to soak them with penetrating oil. I bet you could get away with just air shocks, or maybe even overloads, or add-a leafs. The easiest is air shocks.