Sponsored by:

Is this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 11:26 PM
daddykitty
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this a good deal?

I saw this ad on craigslist and am currently looking for an excursion and wanted the expert opinions from this site to take a look and tell me what to ask this guy if you see any red flags. Thanks.

I got this excursion 2 months ago and already have to sell it because my wife just lost her job. I have a lot of time and money in this thing and literally just got it to the condition that i want it and now have to sell it. I upgraded the front headlights and grille to a 2005-07 style with a new ford emblem and put a 6 piece billet insert in it and the headlights are H.I.D bulbs, ALL of it is brand new. I just replaced all 8 injector cups and put in 3 new swamps diesel fuel injectors and all 8 injectors have new seals, new under valve cover harness, billet fuel pressure regulator housing with a new spring , and replaced the return hard fuel line, and used a new tube nut for housing, new icp sensor and plug kit, fuel bowl was completely resealed with vibra lock seals , high pressure oil pump was completely resealed with vibra lock seals and new non serviceable long thread plug , new 4 inch down pipe with magnaflow muffler and 4 inch exhaust all the way out , the turbo was rebuilt and has upgraded exhaust wheel and turbine wheel, The transmission was a new unit from ford with about 50,000 miles on it. Has brand new rotella synthetic oil and motorcraft oil filter and new oil plug drain seal , coolant flush with brand new coolant and distilled water, and brand new fuel filter. It has a fabtech 6 inch lift with ultra predator 20 inch rims with kumho road venture 37x14x20 tires with 1/2 inch wheel spacers and all 32 locking lug nuts. Also has a crime stopper alarm with remote start. It is wired up for amp and subs but the deck went bad so it just has the stock deck in it now. This thing runs strong and it will have brand new tags on it as well. Has a couple of little dings here and there, but i put 50+ hours into wet sanding and buffing this thing and it also has 2 coats of wax on it. Has tinted windows and the interior is almost perfect. I ripped everything out of it when i first got it and cleaned it all so it looks pretty clean inside. Has tow package and trailer brake hook up. Has 3rd row seating and A/C blows ice cold all the way back. Also has a tv screen that's not hooked up. It has 205k miles on it. I'm sure I'm forgetting more but this truck is worth every dollar and the price is kinda firm but cash definitely talks in this situation. Don't miss out on getting a hold of a 7.3 powerstroke 4x4 excursion, they are not a easy find.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:50 PM
daddykitty
Elder User
Also, where can i get my secret decoder ring to figure out what in the hell are some of these abbreviations you guys use....i feel like it is a rerun of navaho codetalkers

Old 07-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
How 'bout a link to the ad?

What's the price?

Old 07-22-2012, 12:06 AM
daddykitty
Elder User
2000 Ford Excursion limited 4x4 7.3 powerstroke OBO that was the ad i saw and the price is 14, 500

Old 07-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Not a good deal but a fair one if everything checks out.

Looks like it's missing the front passenger seat... WTH?

Old 07-22-2012, 01:19 AM
daddykitty
Elder User
if you look its there...2nd row seat was folded to show 3rd row pic i think....what about the items done to the engine....WHY were 3 injectors replaced, any underlying cause?

Old 07-22-2012, 01:44 AM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

The FRONT passenger seat was what I was referring to.

As to WHY items like the injectors were replaced with 205K on the clock; wear or leakage. The truck appears well cared for and the list of replacement items and upgrades seem reasonable.

I'd go take it for a drive if I were you. Is in your price range? Got 12K CASH? Take it with you.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:54 AM
7.3 Monster
Junior User
Yeah the price is good but not great (high miles but lots of extras). If you really want this one then take it to a diesel mechanic and have them do an inspection (well worth the money). What every they find wrong you can use to bring the price down. Good luck.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:15 PM
daddykitty
Elder User
yeah i was thinking around 12-12,500. looked at another one a month ago, had 188k on it was owned by a diesel mech but autocheck score was in the 30's as it had a disabling collision that he said he did not know about. told me he bought it from a private party 2 yrs after. What about transmission issues with that many miles, even tho he states he got one from ford with 50k on it.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:18 PM
daddykitty
Elder User
oh yeah i see the front seat is gone....doh

Old 07-23-2012, 04:10 PM
76HBoyNut
Junior User
I got a 2000 V10 two months ago w84k miles for $8k but after tires, battery, audio/video/alarm install, spring upgrade X/B mod, shocks, sway bars, exhaust....I have $15k into it and still need to do running boards, brakes, etc....point being there's probably a fair bit of change on the table in upgrades there.

That said, I noticed what appears to be speaker wires loose on the carpet (wondering about the quality of the install...like fried deck within two months....tv isn't hooked up???)....to go with the missing passenger seat. If those things are sloppy or incomplete....what does that say about the rest???

Old 07-23-2012, 04:20 PM
daddykitty
Elder User
i would agree...i would like to have a 7.3 but if i have to go thru everything to make sure it is working correctly and i pay 12 for it i could realistically be into it about 16-18 before all is said and done. how do you like the v10?

Old 07-23-2012, 05:35 PM
tims01
Elder User
there is a white 7.3 4x4 here in oregon for $14,000
search craigslist its at a dealer so talk them down and fly and drive

Old 07-23-2012, 05:40 PM
daddykitty
Elder User
what major city is it nearest?

Old 07-23-2012, 05:42 PM
daddykitty
Elder User
Also I was wondering it is really worth it to get a 4wd option on the excursion? How does that affect mpg? And how often do you really go off road? It just seems like something else to fix if it breaks.

Quick Reply: Is this a good deal?