Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

This might be an official BS thread - Beethoven's 9th played out on the plaza

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 02:15 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good afternoon to all...are you watching some NASCAR??

Old 07-15-2012, 03:35 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sigh. no. OUr boys have hijacked the tv with the wii and their new game. lol. Oh well, at least they're not arguing....for now. I've got the grill going with some yellow squash and onions steaming, chicken wings roasting away, and am about to put on some charcoal steaks. MMMmmmMMmmmm finger liicking good.

Old 07-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
No, unfortunately. We are at our son's house and he's not into NASCAR. I thought I brought him up correctly by taking him to Dover multiple times. But somehow he got into F1 stuff. Those "cars" with the whiny engines. Not even V8's. Little bitty things.

By the way Tim, what's that lump in your avatar?

Old 07-24-2012, 11:32 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Anybody else had enough of the heat yet? I'm done with summer. Bring on the cool fall breezes. There's so much brown crispy grass all around....it's just a matter of time before we get more wildfires popping up from the dummies dropping cig butts on the ground.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
Anybody else had enough of the heat yet? I'm done with summer. Bring on the cool fall breezes. There's so much brown crispy grass all around....it's just a matter of time before we get more wildfires popping up from the dummies dropping cig butts on the ground.
Well, it is hot. But, today we took the boat to the lake for the first time this year and the water was great. As for the brown grass, we went to KS to see Dad on Sunday and found out we are in good shape compared to just across the line. They haven't had any rain in many weeks and all the grass is brown, the are cracks that go down 4' I'm told, and the ponds are very, very low. At least we've had some rain here in Green Country.

However, it would be nice to have a nice, slow rain with plenty of thunder and lightning. And, maybe this winter some cold weather and a bit of snow?

Old 07-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm sick of this heat. I got stuff to do outdoors, like get that CRX running. I've had the car here more than a week, and only spent 2-3 hrs total on it so far. I have the timing belt ready to come off, and the new belt here. Just not crazy about working in 100+ temps......

Old 07-24-2012, 09:14 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
I think the heat is marvelous so long as one is dressed for it and in a decent environment; being on a lake or swimming pool is absolutely ideal.

Failing that, stay out of the direct sunshine.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:13 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Well, with the triple digit heat our pool has been like a warm bath....not very cooling. And the heat radiating from the pavement is killer while i'm riding my motorcycle. It's not too bad while i'm moving but sitting in traffic is hot. Tonights ride home was nice and cool though.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:02 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Whew, what a hot day to get in line, but my family and i did it at the local Owasso Chick Filet. It was an hour to get thru but worth takin the stand. Anyone else support chick filet today?

Old 08-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by cigarxtc
Whew, what a hot day to get in line, but my family and i did it at the local Owasso Chick Filet. It was an hour to get thru but worth takin the stand. Anyone else support chick filet today?
No, I forgot. And, I'm disappointed in me. Glad you did.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:11 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, I can't remember the last time I was there anyway. I do believe the restaurant is getting a bum rap for the CEO's personal beliefs.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I've never ate there. I would have been willing to go, had it not been so derned hot. I knew there was going to be a line, and I will not stand out in 110+ weather for over an hour for anything.

I too think it's despicable what the media and gay supporters are doing, over a man's *personal* beliefs. Last I checked, this was America, where EVERY individual has a right to their opinion, and the freedom to express it. It matters not how right/wrong, or popular/unpopular their opinion is.

If the goober smoochers and taco lickers have PROOF of discrimination, take them to court, otherwise they can (in the words of "Walter") "Shut the hell up!"

If you can't already tell, I feel the same way about this issue as the CEO whose OPINION started the whole BS in the first place. I'm not a religion fanatic by any means. However, marriage was originally a religious ceremony, so until God and the Churches change their policy, gays should not be allowed to "marry".
Didn't we have a state question on this very subject recently? Seems to me it passed with an overwhelming majority, so I doubt I am much different than most other Oklahomans on this matter.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:44 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
I drove past the Owasso location last night at 9:30pm. Line was wrapped around the building, out the Lowes enterance road, on to 96th street all the way to the walmart stop light.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by MikeB 88
I drove past the Owasso location last night at 9:30pm. Line was wrapped around the building, out the Lowes enterance road, on to 96th street all the way to the walmart stop light.
Wow! And it was almost 100 degrees, still, at that time.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:57 PM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
Wow! And it was almost 100 degrees, still, at that time.
News said 105 at 9:30 Didn't start cooling down until about 4am.

Quick Reply: This might be an official BS thread - Beethoven's 9th played out on the plaza