Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,381 Likes on 1,735 Posts
Morning Bill, another stinker today huh

Old 06-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey ya I did work almost everybody they all left with a stomach ache. I wonder what is up for today.
Trav

Old 06-28-2012, 09:16 PM
zombiekiller
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy. Boy it was a hot one today. Almost 11 hours in the sun....glad I m done though. Cooled off at Bill Johnson's. Had some Beef ribs with the family, and a couple PBR's...its happy hour, I couldn't refuse!

Matt

Old 06-28-2012, 11:51 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by Redneckfordf2502002
Hey ya I did work almost everybody they all left with a stomach ache. I wonder what is up for today.
Trav
Trav throw another party. Good Evening everyone from southern Nevada. we pulled up to Southern Nevada for a month. Cooler here I had to wear a jacket this morning it was in the low 70s. Only 101 today. We are parked under a few shade trees so I can do so shade tree mechanical work on my Blazer. New plugs & wires are in order.
Craig

Old 06-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by zombiekiller
Howdy. Boy it was a hot one today. Almost 11 hours in the sun....glad I m done though. Cooled off at Bill Johnson's. Had some Beef ribs with the family, and a couple PBR's...its happy hour, I couldn't refuse!

Matt
Dave Garbz in Glendale posted a pic to FB of the outside temp today.... 120.

Old 06-29-2012, 12:08 AM
chillmiller
Senior User
ello guys happy Friday well almost

Old 06-29-2012, 01:51 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
No partying for a while Big White is not fixed. The transmission is still leaking. Autozone says a gasket or something like that is bad. We are going to probably bring it to a shop instead of dealing with the hassle. We are going to buy a code reader tomorrow I think. I got a new hat today it says Ford Powerstroke diesel cool hat. Also got new wheels for the bronco 2 today 5 Jeep wheels the local tire shop said they would fit. Might get a tonna cover for Big white but I don't know if a 2003 F150 bed is the same as a 2002 F250. Also got a bunch of wood flooring for free today. Going to relax a while though.
Trav

Old 06-29-2012, 02:21 AM
LifeIsGood85383
Freshman User
New Ford in town...

Hi Trav! I made it here! Thank you for the invite. Hello to all my new friends here on this FTE Forum from Peoria, AZ. Just moved here on 01/01/2012 from Folsom, CA sold my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (been a Grand Cherokee Jeep driver since forever) for a 2003 Ford F-250 my first diesel, first pick up truck and first Ford. I am AMAZED at the Ford brotherhood - I thought Jeep guys were nuts about their motors.... I am fortunate to have FTE as a resource; I have read many posts and learned many things quickly about my new ride. In addition, pickup trucks seem to be really a big deal out here in Phoenix.

I needed a truck badly as I had just purchased a new 28' Stellar travel trailer about 10K lbs fully loaded and there was no way my Jeep was pulling that anywhere - not even off the showroom floor... Talk about putting the cart before the horse! Thats where the 7.3 PSD comes in. I needed a real truck and needed it fast, not the best way to make a good purchase. Fortunately I ran into a salesperson at a local dealership who pointed out a F-250 in a sea of used pickup trucks and said this is the one you want. Long story short - I had the keys quickly.

First impression was that it really was a clean truck for a 2003 but after the deal was done and I hooked it up to the trailer - buyers remorse set in...Really? this is all she's got? Lots of noise coming from the turbo and motor, but I thought it would have had a LOT more power! It is after all a 7.3 diesel, my little GC Jeep had a 5.7 Hemi and was a little pocket rocket (yeah I know it wasn't pulling 10K either) but my assumption was that this Ford was a stump puller from all the hype I heard at the dealership about the 7.3PSD. Going up the Bloody Basin grade with trailer in tow on the maiden voyage and all kinds of dash lights are going off, I felt mad, confused, and bummed. I really backed off the throttle, took my time, chugged up the hill and thought maybe perhaps I was not driving her right, perhaps I am driving her like a gas motor and not a diesel and I am putting too much foot on the pedal - at least that was my way of getting over the feeling of power disappointment/anticipation. (I understand the difference between HP & torque) I don't think I hurt anything the lights eventually went away but you know I launched all kinds of codes....

I spent a great time in the Flagstaff area staring out the window of my new trailer looking at the Ford wondering if I did the right thing...perhaps I should have bought the Dodge? or a NEW pick up instead of an older one? Google to the rescue; spent several days surfing the web looking up everything I could about pick up trucks, diesel motors and the like... FTE kept coming up on every search it seems, 7.3 PSD supporters were fanatics about this 7.3 motor, this 2003 year and this FX4 body style. What the heck?

Found out one of the ad sponsors on the FTE site I just happen to live next to! Strictly Diesel; a local shop to me that knows this motor well - so I say I want a bullet proof truck that can pull my trailer - out comes the Visa card.

I have been without my ride for the past 3 days...I miss her. Doctors orders from the team at Strictly Diesel - Full synthetic fluid changes at every place liquid resides, a DP Tuner F5 install with a full compliment of a-pillar gauges, pre & post fuel system upgrade with bowl delete and regulated return (I don't even know what the hell that is), J Wood valve body trans upgrade with deep pan and a pro comp front steering stabilizer to replace the old one that looked like it was starting to weep fluids. Good news was I already had the aFe Stage 2 XP intake and MBRP exhaust system on the truck when I purchased it so that would round out the systems. I get her back tomorrow, I have high hopes!

I have the trailer ready to go as soon as they let me have her - we will ascend the Bloody Basin grade again on the way to the Grand Canyon.

I will keep you posted. Thank you all for your help.

Allen

Old 06-29-2012, 02:30 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Allen that is great. I am down with our 2002 F250. It has the V10 and the transmission is having problems after we messed it up. Got tons of Fords read my signature. I am in snowflake. I am only 16 live with my family of 6. I am also building a house since our house fire on June 13th of last year. Also working on tons of project trucks.
Trav

Old 06-29-2012, 05:50 AM
zombiekiller
Senior User
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood85383
Hi Trav! I made it here! Thank you for the invite. Hello to all my new friends here on this FTE Forum from Peoria, AZ. Just moved here on 01/01/2012 from Folsom, CA sold my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (been a Grand Cherokee Jeep driver since forever) for a 2003 Ford F-250 my first diesel, first pick up truck and first Ford. I am AMAZED at the Ford brotherhood - I thought Jeep guys were nuts about their motors.... I am fortunate to have FTE as a resource; I have read many posts and learned many things quickly about my new ride. In addition, pickup trucks seem to be really a big deal out here in Phoenix.

I needed a truck badly as I had just purchased a new 28' Stellar travel trailer about 10K lbs fully loaded and there was no way my Jeep was pulling that anywhere - not even off the showroom floor... Talk about putting the cart before the horse! Thats where the 7.3 PSD comes in. I needed a real truck and needed it fast, not the best way to make a good purchase. Fortunately I ran into a salesperson at a local dealership who pointed out a F-250 in a sea of used pickup trucks and said this is the one you want. Long story short - I had the keys quickly.

First impression was that it really was a clean truck for a 2003 but after the deal was done and I hooked it up to the trailer - buyers remorse set in...Really? this is all she's got? Lots of noise coming from the turbo and motor, but I thought it would have had a LOT more power! It is after all a 7.3 diesel, my little GC Jeep had a 5.7 Hemi and was a little pocket rocket (yeah I know it wasn't pulling 10K either) but my assumption was that this Ford was a stump puller from all the hype I heard at the dealership about the 7.3PSD. Going up the Bloody Basin grade with trailer in tow on the maiden voyage and all kinds of dash lights are going off, I felt mad, confused, and bummed. I really backed off the throttle, took my time, chugged up the hill and thought maybe perhaps I was not driving her right, perhaps I am driving her like a gas motor and not a diesel and I am putting too much foot on the pedal - at least that was my way of getting over the feeling of power disappointment/anticipation. (I understand the difference between HP & torque) I don't think I hurt anything the lights eventually went away but you know I launched all kinds of codes....

I spent a great time in the Flagstaff area staring out the window of my new trailer looking at the Ford wondering if I did the right thing...perhaps I should have bought the Dodge? or a NEW pick up instead of an older one? Google to the rescue; spent several days surfing the web looking up everything I could about pick up trucks, diesel motors and the like... FTE kept coming up on every search it seems, 7.3 PSD supporters were fanatics about this 7.3 motor, this 2003 year and this FX4 body style. What the heck?

Found out one of the ad sponsors on the FTE site I just happen to live next to! Strictly Diesel; a local shop to me that knows this motor well - so I say I want a bullet proof truck that can pull my trailer - out comes the Visa card.

I have been without my ride for the past 3 days...I miss her. Doctors orders from the team at Strictly Diesel - Full synthetic fluid changes at every place liquid resides, a DP Tuner F5 install with a full compliment of a-pillar gauges, pre & post fuel system upgrade with bowl delete and regulated return (I don't even know what the hell that is), J Wood valve body trans upgrade with deep pan and a pro comp front steering stabilizer to replace the old one that looked like it was starting to weep fluids. Good news was I already had the aFe Stage 2 XP intake and MBRP exhaust system on the truck when I purchased it so that would round out the systems. I get her back tomorrow, I have high hopes!

I have the trailer ready to go as soon as they let me have her - we will ascend the Bloody Basin grade again on the way to the Grand Canyon.

I will keep you posted. Thank you all for your help.

Allen

Allen: Welcome!! Glad you like your new truck, sorry about the issues it is having. At least your 03 has the 7.3, and not the 6.0. I dont have a diesel yet, and I am afraid Ill have the same issue you did. Buy a truck, drop some coin on it, then have to drop more at a mechanic. Hopefully all your issues are dealt with though.

Matt

Old 06-29-2012, 06:02 AM
67gt351
Post Fiend

Good Friday Arizona

Howdy Allen

Hope everyone has a great day, TGIF

Old 06-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Good Morning Dennis... Good Morning Everybody, Welcome to the chapter Allen

Old 06-29-2012, 07:36 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile ho hum

Originally Posted by Bill W
Good Morning Dennis... Good Morning Everybody, Welcome to the chapter Allen
Morning Bill, Dennis and all

Took of work today and then get this. My son wants to bring his two dogs over to stay at my housee while his apartment is inspected. Thay are looking to move to another one .

Anyhow thats the real reason I took off ----NOT

Stay cool

Old 06-29-2012, 09:02 AM
vwfreak
More Turbo
Good morning all. Welcome Allen!

Going to be the start of a long boring weekend I am afraid. Won't have time to work on the truck. Too much homework to be done.... We'll see though. Hard to resist a little wrenching even in this heat!!

JIM

Quick Reply: JUNE to DECEMBER CHAT-2012