Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HI ALL, my new toy

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 02:42 PM
RACERX7775
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong but, I would say that a rollover on that curve, maybe no. BUT!!!!, There would be almost no way that a truck like ours would be able to stay on the road. Do you have more pics of the damage. Because if the damage to your X is just what is on the door area, THERE AINT NO WAY THAT SHE WAS GOING 80-100 MPH. Definately see the cop in court. What was the ticket for? Did he witness the accident. Speed, extend of damage, property damage, the spread of the damaged area, injuries, and vehicle damage. These are all factors on if he was able to make a judgement and issue a ticket. I would like to find out why the cop estimated the speed at that fast.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:37 PM
damons
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the scoop Racer

Basically she drifted and clipped the mailboxes, that is the damage you saw, she just told me right after hitting them, the truck instantly started swaying back and forth, she felt like it was going to roll, after swerving back and forth several times she drove into a driveway through three sets of fences, a barbed fence, field fence and a hot wire fence, and came to rest in field. Hopefully some of the pics will show this.

Attached Images        
Old 07-28-2012, 04:42 PM
damons
Elder User
Crash Site

Here is the pic of the area/fences she went through, the back two fences were repaired by time this pic was taken, the barb wire fence was not done yet. You can see how close she came to the large pole on left, she drug that about 40 feet. Forgot, so the ticket was for Negligent Driving 2nd degree. Not to undermine the officer but his rebuttle to me after I said I KNOW that rig cant do that speed, he said he has an Excursion and has had it up to 100mph before. So, you be the judge, either that was a law enforcement issued rig, or I had to say the "lie" word. Lastly, after he said that, I asked him what year was his Excursion, and he replied with............... yes..... 2007. For all you that know........... I'll leave it at THAT.

Attached Images  

Last edited by damons; 07-28-2012 at 04:46 PM. Reason: forgot something.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by damons
Basically she drifted and clipped the mailboxes, that is the damage you saw, she just told me right after hitting them, the truck instantly started swaying back and forth, she felt like it was going to roll, after swerving back and forth several times she drove into a driveway through three sets of fences, a barbed fence, field fence and a hot wire fence, and came to rest in field. Hopefully some of the pics will show this.
Forgot, so the ticket was for Negligent Driving 2nd degree.
I know you don't wanna hear this, but without reading the vehicle code she was cited for, it sounds like she was cited correctly.

For whatever reason, she didn't pay attention and drifted. That falls under what sounds like a "catch-all" kind of code violation of negligent driving.

Stewart

Old 07-29-2012, 01:33 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
i'm just glad shes okay! trucks can be replaced she cant. sucks about the truck but there are more out there.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:38 AM
fatherdano
Senior User
failure to control should be the issued ticket.

i'd just be happy your not at a funeral instead of court.

my wife won't even pull the EX in from the street at night.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Pitcrw6
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Glad ur wife is ok. That sucks about the X.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:58 PM
damons
Elder User
Man, some of you guys are making her out to be a mortar. It was an honest mistake, I drove it again today, and even at 55 I had VERY little time to react in that distance.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:33 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Man, some of you guys are making her out to be a mortar.
Not at all.

It was an honest mistake
I'm not saying she did anything intentionally. I'm just saying, intentional or mistake, based solely on the info you've provided, the citation that she was issued for her honest mistake doesn't discriminate, and it sounds like it fits the situation.

I also qualified my statement by adding the vehicle code sounds like it may be a catch-all kind of code where any number of offenses can fit into the parameters of the code violation.

Stewart

Old 07-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Studawg
Thread Ender

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Man, some of you guys are making her out to be a mortar. It was an honest mistake, I drove it again today, and even at 55 I had VERY little time to react in that distance.
I am confused, are you saying that she doesnt deserve a ticket?

Old 07-30-2012, 12:01 PM
damons
Elder User
I guess I would say either no, OR, not neg driving, maybe speed, but even then, I think it would have been a panic step on gas instead of brake, I really dont know, I think the principal of the whole thing was the cops attitude, saying things I believe are not true.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Studawg
Thread Ender

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What kind of driving record does your wife have? I mean if she has a history of speeding and accidents, and then she goes goes flying off the road taking out everything in her path, well.....Irregardless, in the eyes of the law, she did some damage, and it was her fault, so she has to be cited. I have had many, many speeding tickets and accidents, all different types, so trust me, I know how cops and judges look at this kind of stuff. I wouldnt waste your time fighting it.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:01 PM
damons
Elder User
No history of speeding tickets. I guess I'm just annoyed, especially after I called him on this own supposed 2007 Excursion (we all know there is no such animal.)

Old 07-31-2012, 01:01 PM
damons
Elder User
Rig is off to Shop to see if it's truely totalled. I have an interesting question, would the computer have sometype of log obtainable because of impact, like logging speed, braking, etc?

Old 07-31-2012, 02:21 PM
f150crewcab
Mountain Pass
[deleted original post]
Glad wife is OK. Sorry about the X.

Last edited by f150crewcab; 07-31-2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: deleted post.

Quick Reply: HI ALL, my new toy