kjvforme
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry should have been fires.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:59 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Just messin with ya Bud. I knew what ya meant. I do that kinda stuff all the time. But proof reading and spell check catches most of it. If only you could see my edit button. Or can ya?

Old 05-07-2012, 11:09 PM
kjvforme
Postmaster
Is it raining up in the pan handle?

Old 05-07-2012, 11:26 PM
fuimus1
Freshman User
That's a nice looking rig! I recently picked up my 1963 F-250 4x4 from Eastern Oregon (Crescent, OR). I checked the registration on it and it had been there its whole life as well. Looks like you have a great project!

Old 05-07-2012, 11:36 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Raining and blowing and just flat smoking. My 12 year old boy is out on a survival camping trip with not much more than a rain coat and a knife. Left Saturday and is do back next Saturday. Unless they call us we have no idea what is going on. One man and two 12 year old boys on a deserted Island in this storm. Just the way they grow up in Alaska.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:09 AM
kjvforme
Postmaster
Originally Posted by arctic y block
Raining and blowing and just flat smoking. My 12 year old boy is out on a survival camping trip with not much more than a rain coat and a knife. Left Saturday and is do back next Saturday. Unless they call us we have no idea what is going on. One man and two 12 year old boys on a deserted Island in this storm. Just the way they grow up in Alaska.

Now thats survival training, sink or swim.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:25 AM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Well this morning is really nice. The storm blew over and the sun is out. Looks to be a really nice day. And I have got to spend the day cleaning the house. My 10 year old and his friends have been hanging here all weekend because the weather was to bad even for them to go out. And every damn room looks like a storm hit it. But it's all good. He watch "A River Runs Through It" three times and now I got to get a bunch of fly fishing poles and gear and teach him how. I haven't Fly Fished since I was 12 years old.

Sorry Bud

Old 05-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Buzz44
Posting Guru
Im not familar with lever lock. Is that like a line lock where you press the brake pedal down flip a switch it activates a solenoid in the line to hold the pressure on that line.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:25 PM
kjvforme
Postmaster
The lever lock is manual, non electric made by Mico. I guess you press on the brake and move the lever up to lock the brakes up, it moves a piston inside the unit which blocks off the ports. Mine is so old it doesn't have the electrical part on the back. Here is a link to what I'm talking about
http://www.awdirect.com/lever-lock-m...ake-locks-pto/

Old 05-09-2012, 05:42 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
WoW!! I have used a lot of them things back in the day. It's not much more than a line lock. Last one I remember was around $50.00 back in the 80's. They must use gold in them now. But they do the job and do it well. Lock all four tires. Be sure and apply it Before ya put the tranny in park if on a hill.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:35 PM
kjvforme
Postmaster
Well been working on the brakes the last couple of days. I bought a brake cylinder hone and some rebuild kits and went through all of them. Only one was really bad it just need more honing. Several had a lot of crud inside most likely from the combination of steel and aluminum. I had to wait to bleed them because the from wheel cylinders haaad stripped bleed screw hexes. I got them in today and am heading out to pull the old ones and install the new then bleed. I might even reinstall the lever lock to see how it works as well.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:54 PM
kjvforme
Postmaster
Didn't get the brakes bleed as helper was not around to help. Found a burnt wire under the dash will have to investigate that one.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:43 AM
kjvforme
Postmaster
Well the burnt wire turned out to be the coil resistor wire. It was still running with out the insulation on it. The outer insulation coil kept it from ground. I ordered a new resistor wire from NAPA and got it back in. She started right up no problems. When I had the instrument cluster out I found the PO had fused the heater off of the voltage gage installed in the cluster. The fuse was blown, most likely from bad wiring. I installed a 15 amp fuse instead of the 25amp that was in it, and my heater motor is working. The oil pressure gage plastic tube broke off so picked up a new ferrel fitting and fixed it as well. I think one day I will devote some time and clean up the whole wiring. Removing cut off wires that go to nothing, shortening long wires. The firewall could use some love as well.

The brake pedal feels higher that it used to be so plus one for me. For those of you with manual transmissions, where does your clutch start engaging when you let out the clutch pedal?

Old 05-20-2012, 08:51 AM
bertha66
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The clutch "should" start to engage 1-2" off the floor. My 66 is like that, my 76 comes up 5-6" up before it engages. Each truck seams to be different.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:49 PM
kjvforme
Postmaster
Mines almost on top, which probably means it needs a new clutch and pressure plate. Thanks for the reply Allen.

Quick Reply: My 1962 Ford F100 4x4