1975 Ranchero Rear Bumper Modification.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 10:14 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1975 Ranchero Rear Bumper Modification.

Hey, Phil here again....

I am am going to have to remove my ranchero rear bumper soon i want to modify some welds for it to forage a rear tool box out of it... anyone got any ideas?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:32 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eh you might need to hit up the Ranchero forums...

Old 04-21-2012, 12:30 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Eh you might need to hit up the Ranchero forums...

we don't get along I trust bronco members more. Plus on top of that, People have been modifying bumpers on broncos longer then rancheros.

I am avoiding all ranchero drivers online on this forum. Not trying to here from them at all. I might just try to straighten my bumper.... first i got to get the bolts off and set it up on a stand and hammer the metal out flat.

The key in things is that Bronco users have experience in the 400 engine block too so it basically renders them useless to me. I have my reasons bro.

Even when it got down to my YouTube channel i quoted Recently: All Ford ***i's are not created equally. We are different by day and night, What another Ford User does not make me "poo poo" I am Proud of my truck and they undermine my work there for, We do not get along. Guy over there (For Example) may not change his oil on time. I Frown apon people who avoid maintenance, sounds, ticks, grunts, and twirling sounds. I would literally punch my future kids in the mouth if they disrespected ford like that. I am mean as a snake too about ford. Nothing matters to me more then Ford Trucks, Making a Decent wage, and having land of my own. I live the American Dream, I hate Mitt Romney, Obama, and all of those rich politicians. I am also very politically aware (lets leave that there).

Old 04-21-2012, 04:48 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by chamblizi
we don't get along I trust bronco members more. Plus on top of that, People have been modifying bumpers on broncos longer then rancheros.

I am avoiding all ranchero drivers online on this forum. Not trying to here from them at all. I might just try to straighten my bumper.... first i got to get the bolts off and set it up on a stand and hammer the metal out flat.

The key in things is that Bronco users have experience in the 400 engine block too so it basically renders them useless to me. I have my reasons bro.

Even when it got down to my YouTube channel i quoted Recently: All Ford ***i's are not created equally. We are different by day and night, What another Ford User does not make me "poo poo" I am Proud of my truck and they undermine my work there for, We do not get along. Guy over there (For Example) may not change his oil on time. I Frown apon people who avoid maintenance, sounds, ticks, grunts, and twirling sounds. I would literally punch my future kids in the mouth if they disrespected ford like that. I am mean as a snake too about ford. Nothing matters to me more then Ford Trucks, Making a Decent wage, and having land of my own. I live the American Dream, I hate Mitt Romney, Obama, and all of those rich politicians. I am also very politically aware (lets leave that there).
I see, well then. Maybe we could go over what it is you wanted to do with your bumper again? As i read the first post i wasn't quite sure what the idea was... Are you wanting to take off the rear bumper from the Ranch and use it for a toolbox in the back? I don't really know how that is going to work...

Old 04-22-2012, 05:24 AM
chamblizi
Senior User
I see, well then. Maybe we could go over what it is you wanted to do with your bumper again? As i read the first post i wasn't quite sure what the idea was... Are you wanting to take off the rear bumper from the Ranch and use it for a toolbox in the back? I don't really know how that is going to work...
well i initially thought i could make a tool box and weld it on as a bumper but then again i could just fix the damage on my current bumper but it will take some hard core metal work in order to bend it back right.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:08 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
That would be quite a small tool box unless it goes up vertically... I figure it all depends on how much work you want to put into it. My rear bumper also needs to be bent back into shape and the only way i can see doing that is hooking a chain onto it and then latching the chain elsewhere and slowly driving off. I don't have the tools or the skills to cut bent and re-weld a bumper... But i have a few objects i could put a tow rope on and hook it to my bumper.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:16 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
That would be quite a small tool box unless it goes up vertically... I figure it all depends on how much work you want to put into it. My rear bumper also needs to be bent back into shape and the only way i can see doing that is hooking a chain onto it and then latching the chain elsewhere and slowly driving off. I don't have the tools or the skills to cut bent and re-weld a bumper... But i have a few objects i could put a tow rope on and hook it to my bumper.
mines fine just bent out at the bottom some big lummy before me just bent it out to get a trailer hitch under it i am going to have a piece cut out of it and then have a steel plate welded on the back.

would you like to see a pic of it?

Old 04-22-2012, 03:31 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
A picture would be nice, i can see what i have in terms of my bumper but i don't think i have anything directly on the bent part.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:34 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
This is the closest one i have, it is the right side. You can barely see that the top is pulled up a lot and the bottom bent in like it was twisted or something..

Old 04-22-2012, 11:43 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
This is the closest one i have, it is the right side. You can barely see that the top is pulled up a lot and the bottom bent in like it was twisted or something..
kk i will have the photo for you tomarrow..

Old 04-23-2012, 01:02 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Okie dokie

Old 04-23-2012, 01:49 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Okie dokie
Here are photos of how deformed the bumper is. Its actually been Pulled out in the back center part.

Shot 1 look at the sides of the license plat you can see where its most damaged.

Here is a sideways view to show most of the crippled damage.

Here is a plain shot of the worst of it.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:31 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Dang dude, did someone try to tow your ranch with the bumper O.o That is going to be quite a spot of body work for you, hope you got a nice big deadblow hammer...

Old 04-23-2012, 08:40 PM
chamblizi
Senior User
Dang dude, did someone try to tow your ranch with the bumper O.o That is going to be quite a spot of body work for you, hope you got a nice big deadblow hammer...
IKR ITS ****ING UGLY! T_T i hate it i got the vehicle like that.. Its the most ugliest part on my truck. got any dead blow hammer recommendations? It will take a sludge hammer and some time but i am not going to be able to get it perfectly straight.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:39 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
A sledge hammer would work but you will need a block of wood and about 2 layers of cloth of some sort, unless you like scratches and grooves all over it... I don't really know particulars on deadblows but i know a big heavy one would make easy work of that. The guys in the paint threads might know a bit more, i would show them and ask what kind/how big of a hammer you need to fix it

Quick Reply: 1975 Ranchero Rear Bumper Modification.