Notices
2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Ford F150 Ecoboost platinum crew-cab for New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 04:45 AM
BartB
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford F150 Ecoboost platinum crew-cab for New Zealand?

I live in (Auckland) New Zealand, and would like to buy a "Ford F150 Ecoboost platinum crew-cab". It certainly looks like the ideal vehicle for my needs, plus it looks very attractive and reasonably economical. I often have 4 passengers with a lot of their stuff. This vehicle type (truck) is not (yet) available in our country (New Zealand), part due to the fact that we require "Right-Hand-Drive (RHD)" on our roads. Should a New Zealand (Ford/SUV) Dealer be able to assist me, I will be very happy to learn where I can go from here. Or if you are in the USA, and you would be able to ship a RHD model to New Zealand, I would be very pleased to hear from you. The Ecoboost technology seems a perfect solution to making this type of vehicle economical here in New Zealand (with petrol prices at US$9/plus per gallon here in NZ). I Also require it to come with a truck bed liner and a canopy box cover. (ideally in the body-paint color.). Looking forward to hearing from someone who can point me in the right direction. Thank you very much. Bart

In reply to some of the suggestions mentioned: (Thank you guys.)
• We do have the RANGER model (RHD) in New Zealand, but it comes with a Diesel engine. I don't like the road-licencing laws in NZ for Diesel engines. (You have to buy a Mileage sticker at the post office...Too much hassle). Plus the ranger is too small, and not classy enough.
• I am very much attracted by the Eco-Boost engine in the Ford-F150, due to it's High-torque at Low-revs technology (Variable camshafts) Future fuel-saving technology available today, and offering more power in the process...
(Thank you Ford engineers to come up with this brilliant technology) ...

I am just one of thousands of Kiwis, who will buy this vehicle, if it were available here in NZ.

Old 04-20-2012, 05:26 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,231 Likes on 808 Posts
Originally Posted by BartB
I live in (Auckland) New Zealand, and would like to buy a "Ford F150 Ecoboost platinum crew-cab". It certainly looks like the ideal vehicle for my needs, plus it looks very attractive and reasonably economical. I often have 4 passengers with a lot of their stuff. This vehicle type (truck) is not (yet) available in our country (New Zealand), part due to the fact that we require "Right-Hand-Drive (RHD)" on our roads. Should a New Zealand (Ford/SUV) Dealer be able to assist me, I will be very happy to learn where I can go from here. Or if you are in the USA, and you would be able to ship a RHD model to New Zealand, I would be very pleased to hear from you. The Ecoboost technology seems a perfect solution to making this type of vehicle economical here in New Zealand (with petrol prices at US$9plus per gallon here in NZ). I Also require it to come with a truck bed liner and a canopy box cover. (ideally in the body-paint color.). Looking forward to hearing from someone who can point me in the right direction. Thank you very much. Bart
Bart, welcome to FTE!

I just Googled this one: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...4Ysl8rMmYEEuYQ

It looks like a kit is about the best you can hope for.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:01 AM
jsimon724
Elder User
Might want to.look into the new Ranger. It's not going to be sold in the US, overseas markets only. I would bet it's available in right hand drive. Supposed to be 90% of the size of an F150, and fairly economical, including a small diesel engine. Might meet your needs as well or better, and be easier to obtain.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Scorpion67
Elder User
Old 04-25-2013, 03:14 PM
avoncityfordnz
New User
Originally Posted by BartB
I live in (Auckland) New Zealand, and would like to buy a "Ford F150 Ecoboost platinum crew-cab". It certainly looks like the ideal vehicle for my needs, plus it looks very attractive and reasonably economical. I often have 4 passengers with a lot of their stuff. This vehicle type (truck) is not (yet) available in our country (New Zealand), part due to the fact that we require "Right-Hand-Drive (RHD)" on our roads. Should a New Zealand (Ford/SUV) Dealer be able to assist me, I will be very happy to learn where I can go from here. Or if you are in the USA, and you would be able to ship a RHD model to New Zealand, I would be very pleased to hear from you. The Ecoboost technology seems a perfect solution to making this type of vehicle economical here in New Zealand (with petrol prices at US$9/plus per gallon here in NZ). I Also require it to come with a truck bed liner and a canopy box cover. (ideally in the body-paint color.). Looking forward to hearing from someone who can point me in the right direction. Thank you very much. Bart

In reply to some of the suggestions mentioned: (Thank you guys.)
• We do have the RANGER model (RHD) in New Zealand, but it comes with a Diesel engine. I don't like the road-licencing laws in NZ for Diesel engines. (You have to buy a Mileage sticker at the post office...Too much hassle). Plus the ranger is too small, and not classy enough.
• I am very much attracted by the Eco-Boost engine in the Ford-F150, due to it's High-torque at Low-revs technology (Variable camshafts) Future fuel-saving technology available today, and offering more power in the process...
(Thank you Ford engineers to come up with this brilliant technology) ...

I am just one of thousands of Kiwis, who will buy this vehicle, if it were available here in NZ.
Hi Bart.

My name is Ethan Smith and I work for a Avon City Ford, in Christchurch. We can actually import the F-Series vehicles, have them converted (as you simply can not buy a F-Series in RHD), we can option them with exactly what you want from the States (in regard to accessories and engine types etc) and then we also put a Warranty on them for your peace of mind (as the Factory Ford Warranty does not apply when the vehicle is removed from it's country of origin, with the exception of Safety Campaigns).

I have recently ordered a 2012 F-150 Lariat with the EcoBoost engine for a customer of mine, we agreed the EcoBoost technology is perfect for our environment down here.

I'd love to talk with you, feel free to call me on our freephone number: 0800 655 551 or you can email me: esmith@acford.co.nz.

I'm sure that we can help you get a brand new F-Series in New Zealand, fully road legal and ready to drive away!

Old 04-25-2013, 07:10 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,231 Likes on 808 Posts
This thread is over a year old and the OP only has 2 posts since then. No need to resurrect this one again.