6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

4.5" PMF LIFT WITH AIR LIFT BAGS AND TRACTION BARS

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 11:10 PM
longview1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks man, appreciate it. Ill have to ask Trevor for the measurements.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:21 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by powerskull
Awesome rig and best color available!

Thanks bud, been thinking what the next mod will be.......mabey custom built front and rear bumpers

Old 04-24-2012, 07:44 AM
Ronin 5729
Senior User
Originally Posted by SANDDEMON08
I used the AIR LIFT, i had to mod this kit to fit my pop up gooseneck which required cutting the brackets that sit on the spring u-bolts and widening them a little because on the PMF 3/4 u-bolt top plate and block lift i used. Air Lift Company LOADLIFTER 5000; LEAF SPRING LEVELING KIT - 4 Wheel Drive

and the leveler kit was
Air Lift Company SmartAir Automatic On Board Air System-Single Sensor - Air Lift

I bought all the parts on e-bay for about 520.00 total
Thanks for the 411, you saved a ton of money there! I'm looking at putting together something like that with on-board air...and train horns too of course!

Old 04-24-2012, 09:04 AM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

Originally Posted by Ronin 5729
Thanks for the 411, you saved a ton of money there! I'm looking at putting together something like that with on-board air...and train horns too of course!
I wanted to do the train horns but i think im running out of room to put things.......this whole mod thing is addictive.......just when i say im done another idea pops up!

Old 05-03-2012, 08:41 AM
AirLiftCompany
SPONSOR
Depending on how much air you plan to need for the onboard air setup we do offer a kit for that as well. Instead of running an automatic controller like SmartAIR we offer Quickshot, which is a manual setup but is designed as an aux air source as well.

I wouldn't use it to run air tools, but should be adequate for train horns as long as you are fine with 100 psi. Just something to consider.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:48 AM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> Well it’s been awhile since I have updated this so I figured id share a few things. Prior to going with PMF I did a lot of research online on their products and other companies as well. Its was Trevor’s willingness to spend time on the phone and answer all my questions that sold me on his product. I wont bad mouth any other company, but I can tell you based on my experience with this it was surprising how many other companies rather tried to rush me on the phone and didn’t really seem to have the time for my questions on a 3000.00 plus purchase. Something to consider when looking for something like this regardless what product you decide to go with IMO.

PMF suspension:

The overall kit has preformed very well and I know have about 30,000 miles since the install. Most of which towing heavy loads.

I had an issue with the ballistic ball joints on the three-link bar. The issue was they would not take grease and would squeak/creak very bad. Initially I adjusted the pre-load on the uniball and it seemed to help but required frequent greasing. After talking with Trevor about the issue he contacted his supplier and they manufactured new poly races to address this issue. I changed the races and the problem was solved. They actually improved the overall ride as well. The next issue I had been with the rear traction bar. The bushings started failing very fast with the weight I was towing. After talking with Trevor at PFM he came up with a solution and went with an extremely heavy duty bushing mount, about 3 times the size of the original mount. This corrected the issue and I have not had an issue with the suspension since. The last issue I had was with the upper heim joint on the track bar. The Heim was starting to show some premature wear so I up graded it to a heavy duty FK series Heim. The wear wasn’t bad but super dutys don’t came from any movement on the tract bar. All the items with the exception of the upgraded heim joint where addressed at a zero cost to me. I am extremely please with this product and can not expound just how awesome Trevor’s customer service is at PMF, its First rate it would be hard IMO to find someone as dedicated as him to produce a top quality product and ensure absolute customer satisfaction.<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style>

Bilesten 5160 Shocks- Thunbs down

These shocks only last about 15,000 miles. I am not happy with them at all. They fad bad under the conditions that I use my truck, maybe in more of a pavement princess environment they would hold up but for me they are simply useless. I change the Shocks to 2.5 ICON smooth body shocks. Now these shocks are awesome. They are around 325.00 a piece but they are worth every penny. My truck has never ridden this nice before, loaded un loaded doesn’t matter the shocks perform very well. With that being said if you are on the fence between cheaper shocks and these quality Icon shocks.....spend the extra buck u won’t regret it!

Air lift 5000 bags-

The air bags have preformed great along with all the other electrical air lift items I have. I have had zero issues with there products.