6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Pop N Lock PL8250 Installation Clarification.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 09:37 AM
BlackNM6.0
Senior User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by digitalshooter
From what I saw at the dealer a teaser video of the 15, it has locking tail gate with doors. No, not on earlier models.
My '15 Platinum did not come with it. I did add the P&L and yes the instructions are still wrong as to the colors of the wires to hook up to.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:44 AM
digitalshooter
Junior User
Maybe 16? all I know is what I saw.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:06 PM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Maybe 16? all I know is what I saw.

Did you now?
Or did you see what they wanted you to see, which is sometimes not even present to be seen.

Kind of like that can of Florida Sunshine I purchased back when I was a kid. Got it back home to Missouri, opened it, and it was empty........or was it?

Old 10-09-2014, 01:39 PM
digitalshooter
Junior User
Originally Posted by jonrjen
Did you now?
Or did you see what they wanted you to see, which is sometimes not even present to be seen.

Kind of like that can of Florida Sunshine I purchased back when I was a kid. Got it back home to Missouri, opened it, and it was empty........or was it?
Kinda like the 2013 I have in the driveway that is suppose to have working AC in it!

But I digress, yes it was in the waiting room for service. They had a flat screen tv that was running all Ford stuff. A preview came on about the new Ford truck. It was within that.

Actually it was this and was related to auto open tail gate:

The Super Cab has a flat floor in the back and no B-pillar, making loading easier. There are now lights in the bed, and the lockable tailgate drops down with the key fob. Full LED lights are available, including a set located in each mirror to illuminate areas at the sides of the truck. A four-camera, bird’s-eye-view system lets you see the ground all around the pickup; handy for off-road articulation. There’s more, and it’s all packed into a truck that rides quieter than the last and is as close to driving a car as you can find in a big pickup.

My bad!

Old 10-09-2014, 02:11 PM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Kinda like the 203 I have in the driveway that is suppose to have working AC in it!

But I digress, yes it was in the waiting room for service. They had a flat screen tv that was running all Ford stuff. A preview came on about the new Ford truck. It was within that.

Actually it was this and was related to auto open tail gate:

The Super Cab has a flat floor in the back and no B-pillar, making loading easier. There are now lights in the bed, and the lockable tailgate drops down with the key fob. Full LED lights are available, including a set located in each mirror to illuminate areas at the sides of the truck. A four-camera, bird’s-eye-view system lets you see the ground all around the pickup; handy for off-road articulation. There’s more, and it’s all packed into a truck that rides quieter than the last and is as close to driving a car as you can find in a big pickup.

My bad!

Sounds like an advertisement for the new 2015 F150 truck, not a Superduty.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:17 AM
mr. grieves
Mountain Pass
pop n lock pl8250 2015 f250 crew cab

Can someone verify the correct wires for this install on a 2015 6.7 250 crew cab?
I pull the passenger door sill and there are several wires that look to be the ones everyone is discussing. Just want to make sure I tap the correct ones.
Thanks

Old 11-09-2014, 07:47 AM
Joedert
New User
I have a 2015 and hooked up to the violet and gray and gray and tan. It tried to move when I locked and unlocked the truck. But would not move. So I removed the pop and lock and it was hot and stuck. After it cooled I got it to move but it was dead. Going back to Amazon and another on the way. Don't know what I did wrong. Anyone know what I screwed up?

Old 11-09-2014, 08:00 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Joedert
I have a 2015 and hooked up to the violet and gray and gray and tan. It tried to move when I locked and unlocked the truck. But would not move. So I removed the pop and lock and it was hot and stuck. After it cooled I got it to move but it was dead. Going back to Amazon and another on the way. Don't know what I did wrong. Anyone know what I screwed up?
no idea..

they way these things work is

one wire is hot, the other ground - lever moves left
first wire is ground, other is hot - level moves right

shouldn't matter if the body is grounded as the wires do the work.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:42 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
A test light is what I used to confirm the correct wires. Just lock and unlock the truck with test light in place with your key/fob.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:43 AM
mr. grieves
Mountain Pass
On my 2015 6.7 there are 4 grey with tan stripe under the passenger sill. 3 are bundled together and one is separate. The separate one is the right one?

Old 11-09-2014, 10:37 AM
mr. grieves
Mountain Pass
I'm actually finding 4 violet with grey stripe as well??

Old 11-11-2014, 09:41 AM
mr. grieves
Mountain Pass
This is the response I got from Tech Support at Pop n Lock, seems like there should be an easier way:
Unfortunately the feedback I have gotten it does and there is no easy way to tell them apart except to test them. The best way to test the wires is with a multi-meter or a test light prior to tapping onto them.
-To test with a test light, ground the clamp end and probe the wire (poke through the case of the wire to the copper inside). Hit the lock and unlock button. When on the correct wire the test light will flash, one wire when you hit the lock button and the other one when you hit the unlock button. Those will be the two wires to tap onto.
-If you are using a multi meter it will be the same concept, except ground the black lead and probe with the red lead. Make sure to have the meter set to 20 volts DC (20 Vdc). When you hit the buttons you will see the meter jump up to a voltage and come right back down. You will probably see a different voltage each time since meters are not fastest enough to read the exact voltage but tells you it is flashing voltage. So again one wire should flash when hit the lock and the other when hit unlock. Those will be the two wires to tap onto.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:46 PM
scotnbev
New User
Smile Instructions are fine for me

I bought the Pop-N-Lock Oct. 2014.
Ford F250; XLT; Crew cab; 4x4; long bed.
Short story: the instructions, including wire colors, were correct for me.

Long story: The installation of the lock is self was simple and straight forward, ran the wires down the passenger side to the front kick panel fuse panel. With all the wiring issues discussed here I was real worried and didn't get around to doing the wiring until today. I taped a straight pin to the positive probe of my volt meter and clipped the negative lead to the ground lug next to the fuse panel. I found the Grey/Brown wire, stuck the positive probe into it, hit the lock button and the needle bounced. Found the Purple/Grey wire and the same thing. After connecting the lock wires to these two wires, it all worked correctly.

My guess is that various trim packages use a different wiring harness that have different colors - hence all the problems. But for a 2014 F250 XLT crew cab, the Grey/Brown and Purple/Grey wires worked for me.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:02 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Welcome to FTE, great first post!!!!

Old 04-21-2015, 09:48 AM
big juice
2nd Gear
Hey guys, searched the web and found a bunch of worthless crap. This thread helped me out so I figured I should add that as stated above. The recommend wires did work in my 15 crew platinum also. Just verified with voltmeter to be sure. Thanks for the help guys!

Quick Reply: Pop N Lock PL8250 Installation Clarification.