Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

Motor & Trans mount question

Old 04-26-2003, 07:55 AM
Tom Champagne
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine has a 86 F250 with the 6.9 litre diesel with a C6 trans and says he can't find motor mounts or trans mounts for this truck. I've looked on the net and can't find anything either. does anyone here know of a place to obtain these parts? also, he says that after doing some "freshening" of his motor(at 300,000miles)the oil pressure is pretty high at start-up,but goes down quite a bit after its warmed up. he was hoping it's not a bearing issue..thanks for any info anyone can provide. TomC.

Old 04-26-2003, 03:51 PM
bilder12
Posting Guru

I wonder if Henry Ford would be able to supply the parts for your friend. Also, the 6.9 oil pressure will run around 50 psi and idle around 12 when hot.
The guage from the factory is worth about a dollar 3.50. Try to find a "real" oil pressure guage and install it.
What did he have done to "freshen" the motor ?
I wonder if he means had a tune up --- replace the nozzles and injection pump ? aye ??

Old 04-26-2003, 04:58 PM
Tom Champagne
New User

I've(he) checked through Ford(and everywhere on the web) and they don't even have a listing for them. as far as freshening up the motor,he sent it away to a place in Indianapolis,which I think he had just the block done,bearings,etc. it's also a new oil pump and he was wondering id the spring inside could be weak...he's definately hoping it's not bearings,after he just spent a good chunk of change for the block. are the mounts specific to the diesel? maybe cross reference them to a big block V8(gas)? thanks for your reply. TomC.

Old 04-29-2003, 05:50 AM
Saigon
Elder User

Hi,
You can find them at www.autokrafters.com , the tranny mounts too. It's best you order the catalog since they work with part numbers or maybe give them a call first, real nice people !!

Magic

Last edited by Saigon; 04-29-2003 at 05:54 AM.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:18 PM
Tom Champagne
New User

Magic Mike: thanks a bunch! I'll tell my friend about this. I've heard of autokrafters before,but I thought they dealt with cars only. thanks again.

Search this Thread